Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

That isn't high frequency though, so I am curious as to what he is trying to accomplish.

The high frequency was an assumption on my part.

He is a bee keeper, and is trying to further understand the dynamics of his colony, and how they communicate. He was looking for a tool that would allow him to study this.

Thanks for the article too, I will pass it along to him.

J

Joan Rivers died today. She was 81. Her vagina was 27.

J

I actually like that.

Rumors that the next Speed3 will be AWD, especially if the EVO does not return. If so, they can take my money now. wink.png

No shit!? Any more info?? I wonder if it will be Haldex or another Ford design.

No set details yet. I think it was leaked as a teaser to gauge interest. Regardless, they need to make it AWD, as once you go 300hp, it is silly to be FWD IMO.

Yes, and it was a bit dated as well. They need to quit bull shitting anyways and just get it done.

I am fighting myself to not buy a used Speed3 as it is now.

Drive one, then go drive a Focus ST.  You won't want anything to do with the Mazda.  What makes it worse is a new ST is the same price as a 2-year-old Speed 3.  Or 3.  I don't remember if 11 or 12 was the last year.

That isn't high frequency though, so I am curious as to what he is trying to accomplish.

He is a bee keeper, and is trying to further understand the dynamics of his colony, and how they communicate. He was looking for a tool that would allow him to study this.

J

Tons of University research on insects.  I've worked on many.  The tool should start with reading. :)

J

I'm going to guess the tools to measure tiny flying things of that nature start with a 6 figure pocket book and a check to people like Sean.  

I'm with Sean though, research should be number 1 and 2 on the list.  Bee keeping has been around for centuries, and at that same time I bet they wanted them to stop dying and put out more honey so since then they've been studying and researching their habits.     

I actually like that.

Rumors that the next Speed3 will be AWD, especially if the EVO does not return. If so, they can take my money now. wink.png

No shit!? Any more info?? I wonder if it will be Haldex or another Ford design.

No set details yet. I think it was leaked as a teaser to gauge interest. Regardless, they need to make it AWD, as once you go 300hp, it is silly to be FWD IMO.
Yes, and it was a bit dated as well. They need to quit bull shitting anyways and just get it done.

I am fighting myself to not buy a used Speed3 as it is now.

Drive one, then go drive a Focus ST. You won't want anything to do with the Mazda. What makes it worse is a new ST is the same price as a 2-year-old Speed 3. Or 3. I don't remember if 11 or 12 was the last year.

The ST is sick. I haven't had that much fun in a car since the Asian twins in high school.

Working on a technical paper for SAE NVH 2015. Have another exciting one too, but can't disclose what it'll be on until I publish as it needs NDA approval.

J

Tons of University research on insects.  I've worked on many.  The tool should start with reading. :)

Trust me I have pushed that to him. He's a good guy, just thick headed and likes to experiment for himself instead of taking research as gospel.

J

J

Tons of University research on insects.  I've worked on many.  The tool should start with reading. smile.png

Trust me I have pushed that to him. He's a good guy, just thick headed and likes to experiment for himself instead of taking research as gospel.

J

Can he read an FFT?

Son of a whore; external hard drive is going tits up. Second Seagate that's done this to me.

Start buying local. Shipping a hard drive is something I'd never do.

The high frequency was an assumption on my part.He is a bee keeper, and is trying to further understand the dynamics of his colony, and how they communicate. He was looking for a tool that would allow him to study this.Thanks for the article too, I will pass it along to him.J
Trust me I have pushed that to him. He's a good guy, just thick headed and likes to experiment for himself instead of taking research as gospel.J
Can he read an FFT?

I couldn't tell you if he can or not. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is an FFT?

J

The high frequency was an assumption on my part.He is a bee keeper, and is trying to further understand the dynamics of his colony, and how they communicate. He was looking for a tool that would allow him to study this.Thanks for the article too, I will pass it along to him.J
Tons of University research on insects.  I've worked on many.  The tool should start with reading. smile.png
Trust me I have pushed that to him. He's a good guy, just thick headed and likes to experiment for himself instead of taking research as gospel.J
Can he read an FFT?

I couldn't tell you if he can or not. Please excuse my ignorance, but what is an FFT?

J

Fast Fourier Transform. If he doesn't know what that is rather deeply a microphone and or laser will do him ZERO good. Actually, even if he does a microphone will do him almost no good as separating noise from the sound he is interested in is FAR from trivial.

Read this first, if you have questions ask away. All day every day I work in the frequency domain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Fourier_transform

As a fundamental definition, it is a simplified tool that turns a time based signal into the frequency domain. ie, it will turn a sine tone from a wave form into a single peak.

Freaking stoked to get home today. My boss got the damper printed. Also the servo, motor and cat5 jack are coming in today.

Fully functional HeaterMeter coming soon!

Man, I have been a beast in the hotel gym this week. Got in good workouts everyday. I need to make sure to keep this up when I get back home.

I got my first soccer game on Saturday. Not sure if anyone here plays soccer :P

Any tips welcome. I have no idea what position I'm playing or how to play any of them.

I got my first soccer game on Saturday. Not sure if anyone here plays soccer :P

I hear this one guy here likes to play a little....

Any tips welcome. I have no idea what position I'm playing or how to play any of them.

Hope you have strong cardio. If you play midfield or on the front line expect a sizeable amount of running, and to get knocked into.

Use the inside if the foot when receiving or making a pass. Toe is more for a deep kick, but you still use the inside of the foot here.

The direction your non kicking foot is planted will greatly influence the direction of the ball's travel.

Most of all have fun, and don't forget your shin guards and to tape up properly.

J