Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Read this first, if you have questions ask away. All day every day I work in the frequency domain.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Fourier_transformAs a fundamental definition, it is a simplified tool that turns a time based signal into the frequency domain. ie, it will turn a sine tone from a wave form into a single peak.

While I get the basic understanding of it, that is some complex math there. I really need to brush up my mindset in that department.

J

Son of a whore; external hard drive is going tits up. Second Seagate that's done this to me.

I've had good luck with the Western Digital caviar blacks.

Edited by ssh

Son of a whore; external hard drive is going tits up. Second Seagate that's done this to me.

I've had three blacks fail in the past 3 years. After that I switched to only buying locally.

I got my first soccer game on Saturday. Not sure if anyone here plays soccer tongue.png

I hear this one guy here likes to play a little....

You mean the guy who always has a broken toe?

Read this first, if you have questions ask away. All day every day I work in the frequency domain.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fast_Fourier_transform

As a fundamental definition, it is a simplified tool that turns a time based signal into the frequency domain. ie, it will turn a sine tone from a wave form into a single peak.

LoL

Math

I've had three blacks fail in the past 3 years. After that I switched to only buying locally.

Uh. . . . .

My second Seagate in 3 years, both locally. Partially my fault, honestly. Shouldn't have cheapened out by buying just a plain old external hard drive to do the work of an NAS.

If it is a 24/7 machine I'd buy an Enterprise drive. Was too cheap myself to do that. If you do HGST's are the best by far.

Uh. . . . .

ROFLMAO

Edited by dem beats

If it is a 24/7 machine I'd buy an Enterprise drive. Was too cheap myself to do that. If you do HGST's are the best by far.

Bingo. Was thinking one of these with a pair of Ultrastars in RAID 1.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8511612&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&utm_source=Linkshare&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=rGMTN56tf/w&AffiliateID=rGMTN56tf_w-IbbWq1VAk66E9RMzlXGhpg

Holy christ they're up to 4TB on only 5 platters? Shit.

I Need to replace the laptop in the next few months.

I have had an opportunity to use windows 8 on my brother's laptop, and am not too impressed. Really thinking about Apple.

The main uses are for photography, music, writing, and internet use. Anyone have any suggestions? Looking at 750 max.

J

Oh god not Apple. Anything but Apple.

Google's Chromebook is nice; dunno if it's got the guts for photo work though.

If you do a lot of photowork with Adobe products especially get as many cores as you can. From what I understand Adobe is coded to use all the cores you got.

Don't quote me though.

Bingo. Was thinking one of these with a pair of Ultrastars in RAID 1.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8511612&SRCCODE=LINKSHARE&cm_mmc_o=-ddCjC1bELltzywCjC-d2CjCdwwp&utm_source=Linkshare&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=rGMTN56tf/w&AffiliateID=rGMTN56tf_w-IbbWq1VAk66E9RMzlXGhpg

Found a better one. the eSATA port would even allow me to hook up the other external I have to it.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CF9VFSU/?tag=extension-kb-20

Though I could just do that with USB and save 130 bucks

I Need to replace the laptop in the next few months.

I have had an opportunity to use windows 8 on my brother's laptop, and am not too impressed. Really thinking about Apple.

The main uses are for photography, music, writing, and internet use. Anyone have any suggestions? Looking at 750 max.

J

At this point I despise Windows 7, 8 is world's better. Of course IOS is WAY fucking worse than 7. No idea how Apple is actually in business. If they don't come out with something new they will start dying.

#frustrated

Comcast fucked the internet. My phone is being a jackass....

Back deposit went to the wrong account. Trying to type up a return and my work machine is fucked.

Hmmm, 8TB RAID1 NAS...

Edited by Penguin4x4