Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Another perspective:

In 20 some odd years of DIY I haven't experienced any failures of mine or my father's hand tools; Crafstman, Duralast, Kobalt, Allied, Husky, Tradesman, Wiss, Stanley, Klein, Crescent, Irwin, GearWrench, and a whole fuckton of other noname brands.

And now my curiosity is piqued.

Come on down. I'll hook you up with some hands on with cool tools and take you out to some shitty local restaurants.

Awesome.  Might do that some day.

Another perspective:

In 20 some odd years of DIY I haven't experienced any failures of mine or my father's hand tools; Crafstman, Duralast, Kobalt, Allied, Husky, Tradesman, Wiss, Stanley, Klein, Crescent, Irwin, GearWrench, and a whole fuckton of other noname brands.

No way in hell would I consider using these tools for a professional shop, obviously.

I've had plenty of things fail, but warranty isn't my biggest concern usability is.

And by no means am I professional.  Complete slob actually.

Marathon work Friday.

Nope.

You do such a good job at getting other people to expand their budget and spend money, you have to buy top end tools. :)

yessssss!!!!!

SNappy or GTFO!

Because we're on the subject and all

<- Doesn't know anything about coffee, but thinking about drinking it in the mornings now that I don't get much sleep. Should I grab a french press, dripper like this: http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/brewing/coffee-brewers/chemex-drip-brewers/chemex-cm-8gh-glass-handle-8-cup-40-oz.html, or? I'm not going to spend $1500, fuck you asshole.

On tools the only things I can say is that the majority of my tool chest is Craftsman ( three 'sets' and about 150 miscelanious pieces from unadvertised Sears sales, and yard sale finds). My favorite wrenches were stolen on my move to FL (snap on) and the mechanics I served with either had 'acquired' tools, or spent the money on Snap On. The only people I saw using MAC or MATCO owned shops.

Have you checked your local craigslist or pawn shops? I know in AZ and here in FL tools are always being sold, and often at 1/3 or less the 'new' price.

If you want to PM me a list of what you need in sizes, I can check and see if I have doubles of anything (I especially have a shit ton of sockets) If so I'll gladly send some your way.

J

Also J if you haven't yet, read Dale Carnegie's lifetime plan for success.

It's 2 books." How to stop worrying and start living", and the other one is "how to make friends and influence people."

They are without a doubt the best 2 books anyone can read if they need a boost. If you want to sell stuff, read HTMFAIP over and over and over. Monthly. In fact I'm going to read it this weekend, as it's been way too long.

If your feeling lost/helpless read HTSWASL over and over.

Read both for sure, but refresh accordingly.

It's a life coach in book form. No bullshit or Jesus either.

Quoted to look for copies of these this week.

J

Ugh, 52° rainy weather.

It came too fast, I couldn't fully enjoy it.

Bought a thermal camera yet?  

I see my SnapOn man on the first thursday of every month. I  am going to order the Fluke Ti95 then.

If Ryan is okay with GW it is probably way better than I need.

I am like Seth.  My tools make my money.  I have ALWAYS bought Snap-On, Cornwell, and Proto.  I just happened upon a deal one day for the Gearwrench and started using them at work and I have been so happy with them, I kept them for work and took my expensive tools home. 

My work involves a lot of water, sewage, and corrosive chemicals, and in a lot of places, if you drop your tool, it's going into a pit to never be seen again.  After losing a few ratchets, sockets, and wrenches, I searched for something more, "throw-away."  While I don't consider the GearWrenches, throw away, I could not pass them up for the price, and they take everything I throw at them on a daily basis.  Perhaps I like them simply for the value they represent, but I know if they can survive what I put them through, it should easily handle what you plan. 

<- Doesn't know anything about coffee, but thinking about drinking it in the mornings now that I don't get much sleep. Should I grab a french press, dripper like this: http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/brewing/coffee-brewers/chemex-drip-brewers/chemex-cm-8gh-glass-handle-8-cup-40-oz.html, or? I'm not going to spend $1500, fuck you asshole.

What kind of coffee do you enjoy?  

Anyone here program Unitronics Vision PLC/HMI units?  

I've got an Americano from the place in town that roasts, it is delicious.  

And what grinder......

A hand grinder is the most cost effective