Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Spend more on the wrench or the sockets themselves?  By more I mean relative to other choices of that particular tool?

ie, would you rather have SO sockets and a GW wrench or vice versa?

While I have broken a lot of tools, normally I cannot say it is the tools fault.  I am not super concerned with the utmost relaibility, but more in functionality.  ie, if the wrench goes into the socket shitty, they mate poorly with heads and can't torque shit and so on.

I hadn't planned on buying any new wrenches, but the hop has convinced me I need to at least try a 3/8" wrench of a better style....unless the answer above comes in the form of socket and then I guess I'll bit the bullet and grab the SK stuff.

Maybe I am misapplying a cooking analogy.  For me in knives 1 does 90%+ of the work so it is worth 80%+ of the budget.  Perhaps the answer above is spend the dough on a 3/8" set and get cheaper for 1/2 & 1/4

Ugh, 52° rainy weather.

It came too fast, I couldn't fully enjoy it.

That's what she said.

I would much rather have nice high tooth count ratchets and any old socket than the other way.  

I love my stubby flex head 3/8" ratchets.  They do most of my work, that and an 18" flex head 3/8" ratchet.  

Maybe I am misapplying a cooking analogy. For me in knives 1 does 90%+ of the work so it is worth 80%+ of the budget. Perhaps the answer above is spend the dough on a 3/8" set and get cheaper for 1/2 & 1/4

This whole time I have been thinking you are.having trouble deciding on a 3/8" socket itself. As in that was all you ever used.

I thought you had lost your God Damn mind.

Knife = wrench.

I would agree. How it feels and works is more important than anything. Sockets themselves are a.consumable.

My craftyM wrench is the most comfortable I ever used! It has a few edges on it, so that might change if I used it everyday all day. Especially without gloves.

I love mechanic gloves though. Never take them off if I didn't have to. Not sure how rubbing one out would work, but I would try it if the wife close by to take me to the ER.

They gay references are endless.

Tooth count and old sockets. 8" flex head.

I can't wait to see what Google ad sense is going to generate now.

FML.

Maybe I am misapplying a cooking analogy. For me in knives 1 does 90%+ of the work so it is worth 80%+ of the budget. Perhaps the answer above is spend the dough on a 3/8" set and get cheaper for 1/2 & 1/4

This whole time I have been thinking you are.having trouble deciding on a 3/8" socket itself. As in that was all you ever used.

Knife = wrench.

I would agree. How it feels and works is more important than anything. Sockets themselves are a.consumable.

My craftyM wrench is the most comfortable I ever used! It has a few edges on it, so that might change if I used it everyday all day. Especially without gloves.

I love mechanic gloves though. Never take them off if I didn't have to. Not sure how rubbing one out would work, but I would try it if the wife close by to take me to the ER.

First goal is to make sure that when I need a socket it is in the right place, works, and doesn't piss me off.

I have ZERO problems spending more on a ratchet....although I am currently sporting Northern Tool ones since I've broken everything else I've owned.

I love my stubby flex head 3/8" ratchets.  They do most of my work, that and an 18" flex head 3/8" ratchet.  

You aren't helping me spend money by not sharing what they are, lol.

<- Doesn't know anything about coffee, but thinking about drinking it in the mornings now that I don't get much sleep. Should I grab a french press, dripper like this: http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/brewing/coffee-brewers/chemex-drip-brewers/chemex-cm-8gh-glass-handle-8-cup-40-oz.html, or? I'm not going to spend $1500, fuck you asshole.

What kind of coffee do you enjoy?  

I don't even know. I was planning on buying different types and see what I liked best.

And what grinder......

A hand grinder is the most cost effective

Best grinder if you like handies.

http://grindr.com/

I read that as "handles" thinking wtf. God damn

<- Doesn't know anything about coffee, but thinking about drinking it in the mornings now that I don't get much sleep. Should I grab a french press, dripper like this: http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/brewing/coffee-brewers/chemex-drip-brewers/chemex-cm-8gh-glass-handle-8-cup-40-oz.html, or? I'm not going to spend $1500, fuck you asshole.

Stefan, I did the same research a while back and ended up with a nice hand grinder and aeropress. Now that I've moved to the Nespresso I don't use it though. I'd be willing to sell the set up of your interested. I can get you more specifics when I get home.

PS, finding a place that puts the date they roast their coffee on it takes your coffee to the next level.

Stefan, I did the same research a while back and ended up with a nice hand grinder and aeropress. Now that I've moved to the Nespresso I don't use it though. I'd be willing to sell the set up of your interested. I can get you more specifics when I get home.

Yeah let me know what hand grinder and how much you want for everything. I might do that or get the Chemex--I'm a sucker for glassware. :D

PS, finding a place that puts the date they roast their coffee on it takes your coffee to the next level.

I figured Whole Foods or some place like that would have fresher beans? Or ordering online like: https://regularcoffee.com/#

Dun brothers is my go to. They will roast them on the spot if you want.

#CoffeSwag

Knife = wrench.

Cut resistant/puncture resistant gloves like these are the bomb diggity, for reals.

Oh yeah.

Boss came in.

I'm an area manager now.

Salary man now?