I'm an area manager now.

Salary man now?

Congrats man!!!!!

J

Oh yeah.

Boss came in.

I'm an area manager now.

Salary man now?

Ha! I wish. Less opportunity for pay technically unless they move me to a AAA store. That will be on the table at the end of the quarter when I bring it up.

;-)

I miss a day of sales every week but get to develop others.

Took the job in Illinois. Starting on the 13th. might be tough to find an apartment in 2 weeks, yolo 

Awesome. It'll work itself out. biggrin.png

thanks. but its going to suck not having access to a garage full of tools. 

Took the job in Illinois. Starting on the 13th. might be tough to find an apartment in 2 weekso, yolo

Congrats, what will you be doing?

sound test technician at Caterpillar's proving grounds in Peoria Il.

I might actually see you professionally in the next year smile.png

cool, looking to forward to it

You might see me too now.

Kind of a big deal in the bedding world now, who knows where that might take me.

Or you might see me on security footage stealing a skidsteer/excavator.

Only time will tell.

Spend more on the wrench or the sockets themselves?  By more I mean relative to other choices of that particular tool?

ie, would you rather have SO sockets and a GW wrench or vice versa?

While I have broken a lot of tools, normally I cannot say it is the tools fault.  I am not super concerned with the utmost relaibility, but more in functionality.  ie, if the wrench goes into the socket shitty, they mate poorly with heads and can't torque shit and so on.

I suggest better sockets, unless you tend to use open end wrenches. Most people tend to reach for sockets first, so they will see more wear. Cheap sockets tend to stretch over time and will round off bolts. I like flank drive sockets as they grab the center of the fastener's facets not the sharp ends. By loading a thicker, better reinforced portion of the fastener, it is less likely to damage it.

With that said, if you tend to use open end wrenches, a flank drive is imperative for the same reasons. If you consider the fact that loading an open end wrench leads to spreading of the wrench, you can see why a flank drive wrench is even more important.

Oh yeah.

Boss came in.

I'm an area manager now.

Congrats!

I got a promotion 2 weeks ago myself. Better pay, more bonus opportunity, etc.

Since my promotion I met the shop productivity goal the first week, and hammered it by 17% last week. Being that my overall bonus is compounded by productivity, 17% is huge.

The average shop in the US has a productivity of ~40%. As shocking as that number is, it is easy to believe if you understand how much goes on behind the scenes. My figure for bonus is 80%. The week before I got the promotion we were at 61%. My first week we went to 82%. Last week, 97%.

I make a specific dollar amount per hour turned at my shop by every mechanic (including myself). At 80% productivity I get an increase of that bonus of 50%, and it is increased 50% for every 5% we climb. So I got bonus +150% last week.

The bad thing is, I have a mechanic who is pissed at me for pulling work from him, but he is limited in knowledge, ability, and drive. I pulled a head job from him this week, because I didn't want to see a 10 hour job take 18-20 hours... talk about destroying productivity! So I gave it to another tech who got it done in 7 or 8 hands on hours. While the guy who lost the job was pissed, he got work more suited to his skill set and wound up turning 17 hours in the 2 days that 10 hour head job would have taken him.

Flank drive? Link plz?

DSC05799.jpg

DSC05771.jpg

12piece14drivenonslipmmsocketset_1009878

Flank drive? Link plz?

Flank Drive Plus wrenches feature a patented open end design that delivers up to 62% more turning power than conventional open end wrenches and are available in sizes from 7mm - 25mm and from 1/4" to 1-3/8". Snap-on Flank Drive Plus wrenches deliver more power than anyone ever expected from an open-end design. The box end of Snap-on wrenches features our original famous Flank Drive wrenching system that grips on the sides, away from the corners and helps you turn the most stubborn, and even rounded fasteners. With Snap-on Flank Drive Plus wrenches you get sure-gripping performance at both ends of the wrench.

<- Doesn't know anything about coffee, but thinking about drinking it in the mornings now that I don't get much sleep. Should I grab a french press, dripper like this: http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/brewing/coffee-brewers/chemex-drip-brewers/chemex-cm-8gh-glass-handle-8-cup-40-oz.html, or? I'm not going to spend $1500, fuck you asshole.

What kind of coffee do you enjoy?

I don't even know. I was planning on buying different types and see what I liked best.

didn't mean regionally but type

PS, finding a place that puts the date they roast their coffee on it takes your coffee to the next level.

MIDst be less than 14.days

Oh yeah.

Boss came in.

I'm an area manager now.

woot

<- Doesn't know anything about coffee, but thinking about drinking it in the mornings now that I don't get much sleep. Should I grab a french press, dripper like this: http://www.sweetmarias.com/store/brewing/coffee-brewers/chemex-drip-brewers/chemex-cm-8gh-glass-handle-8-cup-40-oz.html, or? I'm not going to spend $1500, fuck you asshole.

I don't even know. I was planning on buying different types and see what I liked best.

Like I said I don't know shit about coffee. To me coffee = black drink.

Congrats Matt. Now hire a bunch of hot ladies for the stores. :D

Ha. First step is to go try some and see what you may like. Good kitchen stores will demo their machines for free

Congrats Matt. Now hire a bunch of hot ladies for the stores. :D

I'm already sexually harassed enough by the ugly ones and guys.

:D

Ha. First step is to go try some and see what you may like. Good kitchen stores will demo their machines for free

Like go to Starbucks and order different types/blends? Machines up for demo sound $$$. I'm only gonna spend like $100 max for a dripper/whatever, grinder, filter, and a thermos.

Congrats Matt. Now hire a bunch of hot ladies for the stores. biggrin.png

I'm already sexually harassed enough by the ugly ones and guys.

biggrin.png

Don't forget your phone buzzing from grindr.

Fucker

Like go to Starbucks and order different types/blends? Machines up for demo sound $$$. I'm only gonna spend like $100 max for a dripper/whatever, grinder, filter, and a thermos.

when I go to Starbucks I get tea. Their coffee is awful. I meant you should find a real shop and try espresso, cold extractions, French press, aeropress, drip, perc, cowboy etc

Start by finding a place that toasts their own. Go an sample. Anything can be done at home but the machine depends on what you like