Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Uhhh...You think he would be bugged by me asking? I think he would help me out.

Haha, yes TOTALLY BUGGED!

WTF!!!angry2.gif  I got chrome, Seems to be fine lol

You said your other laptop and phone was fine?Maybe Aaron can help me IDK

Try the other browsers before bugging Aaron, I'm 99% sure that's it.

You can always bug me.  smile.png  If need be I can check the admin side to see if the account is ok, but that shouldn't have any effect on the functionality.

You know you luv my PM's biggrin.png

Why is that? Is it my browser? I can from my phone..what software version is this forum running on?

Switch to Chrome or Firefox--the rest is fucking garbage.

Chrome is also fucking garbage. A fucking memory hog if you have lots of tabs open.

Tabs are retarded, not sure what moron defined that as a good solution.

I must be one retarded moron. I love the tabs, hate multiple windows.

Why is that? Is it my browser? I can from my phone..what software version is this forum running on?

Switch to Chrome or Firefox--the rest is pucking garbage.

Chrome is also pucking garbage. A pucking memory hog if you have lots of tabs open.

Tabs are retarded, not sure what moron defined that as a good solution.

I must be one retarded moron. I love the tabs, hate multiple windows.

I have tabs on chrome and IE open at the moment lol...

Edited by mikel7829

pxvjdHE.jpg

Lmao.

Them animals is blazed!

looks like the puppy is a smoker!!!

aQzwRGA.png

RIGHT!!!

And while I appreciate it, I don't need condolences or anything like that, although I appreciate it. I just need a place to spout my feelings at the current moment. I had a hard night last night, I couldn't sleep. I had a hard day today, unable to concentrate... I just to vent a bit.

Sir, you are part of the family here, whether you like it or not.  So you will always have a place to open up to or just get out your thoughts. :)

It's one of the few places to go and openly vent, while getting real answers and not some bullshit.

J

SSA is like heaven on earth. Living with all females, SSA is my home away from home. Is like sitting on the porch shooting the shit with the guys. Not to mention if you are the smartest one in the crowd you hang out with you are in the wrong crowd. :)

What's red and slimy and crawls up your leg?

A female hooker on the rag with a rash?

Homesick abortion.

Homesick abortion.

Nice..lol

Homesick abortion.
Nice..lol

This is one of those things you know is so fucked you shouldn't laugh... But I honestly lol'd. Scared the hell outta everyone in the room too

Just a few hours ago I recieved, what I consider to be, the biggest compliment of my professional career. Not only is it a compliment, but it is also the beginning of some amazing extra cash.

I am fortunate that I am good friends with one of the very best technicians in the country. This is not a guy who I feel is one of the best, this is a guy with accreditation from numerous national and worldwide groups from the Automotive Society of Engineers, National Automotive Service Task Force, he is the president of the National Mobile Diagnostic Technician group, and a trainer and class author of CTI who is nationally published in Motor, Motor Age, and Import Service magazine among other honors. Many automotive manufacturers have him write up documents stating what he wants to see in their scan tools. They give him tools to see what he thinks, how they can improve them, etc. He is given tools and equipment and asked to write up their use, and general reviews of said equipment.I have an ego, as far as my industry is concerned, the size of a continent, and if I wind up in a bind, this is the guy I call. He is my trainer, and my mentor.

When I talked to him about my stepping into diagnosis with thermal imaging he was intrigued. We spent some time discussing the things that I feel I can achieve with the imagers, and he decided to step up and find out what can be done with them. He has been speaking with Fluke engineers about these capabilities, and they offered to send him a couple imagers to compare with what I purchased. He is receiving a $5K TI110, which I contemplated buying, and another unit with an MSRP of over $10,000 to do some testing, technical write ups, and training for CTI as well as Fuke.

He called me tonight and wanted to get together to do some comparisons of the units, and what can be achieved with these units relative to cost. He wants me to be involved in various case studies involving traditional ICE repairs and diagnosis, as well as some hybrid battery case studies, both in vehicle and in the building room.

Sadly, 6 months ago, Jim was diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately  when he recieved surgery, they found out the tumor was advanced, and his cancer incurable. So Jim is living his life knowing this disease is killing him, but his prognosis for long term survival (15 years) is pretty good. His daughters are both almost done with college, his house is paid off, his business loans are paid off, and he is not in a difficult financial state.

So he has decided to back off on his training (instruction) and he asked me to take over for him.

Pay for training is solid. Really solid. Pay for case studies (which we will begin together over the next couple weeks) is really nice. Simple 7-15 slide studies pay very well. If I write classes, the pay is incredible. He mentioned that my knowledge and hands on in the world of hybrids, hybrid diagnosis, hybrid repair, and hybrid battery building is years ahead of everyone else writing for CTI right now. He suggested that if he can get me in with CTI, I could easily write 4 or 5 classes in one year just based on hybrids.

This will be essentially a second job. I will have to miss some time from my shop for training. This will not be a huge amount, maybe 16 hours a month, worst case. My classes will be within a 400 mile radius of my home, and all travel will be covered by CTI, rental cars included. While my boss will lose me for a little bit each month, he will be able to tout my being an instructor, and gain the benefits that guys like Jim receive... this includes a ton of free tooling, and various information systems that cost thousands of dollars a year. I don't think he will be upset.

So I am stoked. This is really a huge honor for a simple wrench like me. I am completely flattered that Jim would ask me. This is a massive, huge honor. MASSIVE. I cannot think of a single time in my life when I was on a higher cloud than I am right now.

I just hope and pray that Jim, and CTI, feel like I really have what it takes to perform these duties. This is a huge step, and a big financial boost for me if it all works out.

Just a few hours ago I recieved, what I consider to be, the biggest compliment of my professional career. Not only is it a compliment, but it is also the beginning of some amazing extra cash.

I am fortunate that I am good friends with one of the very best technicians in the country. This is not a guy who I feel is one of the best, this is a guy with accreditation from numerous national and worldwide groups from the Automotive Society of Engineers, National Automotive Service Task Force, he is the president of the National Mobile Diagnostic Technician group, and a trainer and class author of CTI who is nationally published in Motor, Motor Age, and Import Service magazine among other honors. Many automotive manufacturers have him write up documents stating what he wants to see in their scan tools. They give him tools to see what he thinks, how they can improve them, etc. He is given tools and equipment and asked to write up their use, and general reviews of said equipment.I have an ego, as far as my industry is concerned, the size of a continent, and if I wind up in a bind, this is the guy I call. He is my trainer, and my mentor.

When I talked to him about my stepping into diagnosis with thermal imaging he was intrigued. We spent some time discussing the things that I feel I can achieve with the imagers, and he decided to step up and find out what can be done with them. He has been speaking with Fluke engineers about these capabilities, and they offered to send him a couple imagers to compare with what I purchased. He is receiving a $5K TI110, which I contemplated buying, and another unit with an MSRP of over $10,000 to do some testing, technical write ups, and training for CTI as well as Fuke.

He called me tonight and wanted to get together to do some comparisons of the units, and what can be achieved with these units relative to cost. He wants me to be involved in various case studies involving traditional ICE repairs and diagnosis, as well as some hybrid battery case studies, both in vehicle and in the building room.

Sadly, 6 months ago, Jim was diagnosed with cancer. Unfortunately when he recieved surgery, they found out the tumor was advanced, and his cancer incurable. So Jim is living his life knowing this disease is killing him, but his prognosis for long term survival (15 years) is pretty good. His daughters are both almost done with college, his house is paid off, his business loans are paid off, and he is not in a difficult financial state.

So he has decided to back off on his training (instruction) and he asked me to take over for him.

Pay for training is solid. Really solid. Pay for case studies (which we will begin together over the next couple weeks) is really nice. Simple 7-15 slide studies pay very well. If I write classes, the pay is incredible. He mentioned that my knowledge and hands on in the world of hybrids, hybrid diagnosis, hybrid repair, and hybrid battery building is years ahead of everyone else writing for CTI right now. He suggested that if he can get me in with CTI, I could easily write 4 or 5 classes in one year just based on hybrids.

This will be essentially a second job. I will have to miss some time from my shop for training. This will not be a huge amount, maybe 16 hours a month, worst case. My classes will be within a 400 mile radius of my home, and all travel will be covered by CTI, rental cars included. While my boss will lose me for a little bit each month, he will be able to tout my being an instructor, and gain the benefits that guys like Jim receive... this includes a ton of free tooling, and various information systems that cost thousands of dollars a year. I don't think he will be upset.

So I am stoked. This is really a huge honor for a simple wrench like me. I am completely flattered that Jim would ask me. This is a massive, huge honor. MASSIVE. I cannot think of a single time in my life when I was on a higher cloud than I am right now.

I just hope and pray that Jim, and CTI, feel like I really have what it takes to perform these duties. This is a huge step, and a big financial boost for me if it all works out.

Damn good on ya bro!!! Best of luck with the new venture Edited by puscifer2

Thanks fellas. I just got my first legitimate email from Fluke regarding our testing and the equipment involved. This is surreal.

Sounds like an awesome opportunity Seth!

What kind of car?

65 Mustang coupe.

10422356_781281058602349_244334944547618

Very pretty :) 

Switch to Chrome or Firefox--the rest is fucking garbage.

Chrome is also fucking garbage. A fucking memory hog if you have lots of tabs open. 

I drifted back to trusty ole' Firefox.  I fire up Opera at times still.

I use mostly Opera but Mozilla is open for facebook Doh.gif