Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Only as old as you feel Neal.

At least someone told me that. If it's true I'm about 672.

I still bounce back pretty good. :)

Only bounce I have left comes in the form of dryer sheets.

Glad to hear that Matt.

But for some reason people tell the kids to gt easy on me, almost like turning 40 made me old. No freaking way all or nothing!

You are 40 going on 25.

Only as old as you feel Neal.

At least someone told me that. If it's true I'm about 672.

I still bounce back pretty good. smile.png

Only bounce I have left comes in the form of dryer sheets.

That might be where I get it then. 

But for some reason people tell the kids to gt easy on me, almost like turning 40 made me old. No freaking way all or nothing!

You are 40 going on 25.

I like how you are thinking! :)

Glad to hear that Matt.

My dryer sheets or the possibly gay interlude?

Going to the gym ;)

Oooooh, yeah. Should be fun.

Hopefully it's filled with hot chicks to impress with my fat rolls and back hair.

Oooooh, yeah. Should be fun.

Hopefully it's filled with hot chicks to impress with my fat rolls and back hair.

Damn, I need to work out with you. I might just encourage you...

Matt you will like this, I gave the wife my layaway slip for my springfield 1911 45. She looked at it and said I must have gotten a good deal! $313.00 is cheap for a gun like that.

She does not know I put money on it. 

Give me 2 months and I'll be back in it to win it.

In 3 I hope to have my flat bench back to 255x6, and leg press above 1100x6 again.

6 months I want to be squatting 300+x6

Give me 2 months and I'll be back in it to win it.

In 3 I hope to have my flat bench back to 255x6, and leg press above 1100x6 again.

6 months I want to be squatting 300+x6

Awesome!

I hope to be benching 300 buy January.

Matt you will like this, I gave the wife my layaway slip for my springfield 1911 45. She looked at it and said I must have gotten a good deal! $313.00 is cheap for a gun like that.

Haha!

My worst fear is that after I die, my wife will sell all my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Haha!

My worst fear is that after I die, my wife will sell all my guns for what I told her I paid for them.

Yea me too. Since I have put a gun safe in the house she has no idea what I have bought and put in it.

It is almost like an addiction. 

Before the arthritis my record lifts were 310x8 bench, 1600x11 leg press(ran out of room for weight), 720x8 Smith squat, 415x6 raw squat, 250x6 bent over rows, and deadlift 310x~6.

Deadlifts are my worst lift ergonomicly.

My FIL asked me to pick him up some 22lr and I asked him how many he wanted? Then I showed him my stock pile. He just shook his head and laughed.

Before the arthritis my record lifts were 310x8 bench, 1600x11 leg press(ran out of room for weight), 720x8 Smith squat, 415x6 raw squat, 250x6 bent over rows, and deadlift 310x~6.

That is Beast mode!

Deadlifts kill my lower back, but I keep at them.

Just remember to eat, and stretch intensely AFTER you lift. Minimize stretching during your warm up, but make sure your limber.

The best way to avoid injury is to tuck your elbows too. Like a lineman ready to push. Concentrate on your angelbones squeezed together and your elbows tucked.

That is Beast mode!

Deadlifts kill my lower back, but I keep at them.

I have shorter arms and medium length legs, but an extra long torso. And a belly.

If I raise the bar up just 2-3 inches I could deadlift in the mid 400's without too much fanfare.

Just remember to eat, and stretch intensely AFTER you lift. Minimize stretching during your warm up, but make sure your limber.

The best way to avoid injury is to tuck your elbows too. Like a lineman ready to push. Concentrate on your angelbones squeezed together and your elbows tucked.

I have been keeping my elbows tucked and working on keeping form. I have been limiting my bench to 200 because my shoulder was getting bitchy and did not want to push it too hard until it was healed up.

That was all before I had a prescription for testosterone too. I make less testosterone than most 70 year old men.

Not that my joints could handle it, but I'm certain if I used hormones again I could blow those numbers out of the water.

Sounds good Neal. Tucking your elbows takes so much pressure off your rotator cuff it's crazy.

I have been working with a pair of resistance bands at work in my downtime time to get my joints ready. I'm going to take it easy myself this week before I test my limits.

No need for stuff like that at this point. Just do it to keep you healthy and happy.

Sounds good Neal. Tucking your elbows takes so much pressure off your rotator cuff it's crazy.

I have been working with a pair of resistance bands at work in my downtime time to get my joints ready. I'm going to take it easy myself this week before I test my limits.

Yes it does. 

Best of luck to you Matt, I know you can do it.