Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I had another life moment tonight. My daughter lettered in cheerleading and get her letterman coat.

woah, congrats!

Thank you, I am super proud of her. As much as I am proud and happy for her, I would give any thing to rewind the clock to when she was 4 years old.

Dad is having a hard time seeing his baby girl grow up.

Nvidia > ATI

You should be able to uninstall the ATI shit without safe mode. Then again ATI drivers and working as expected isn't a thing.

amd (amd bought ati) is pretty solid now days. uninstall is simple.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/GPU57RemoveOldGraphicsDrivers.aspx#Win7

AMD blows.

Every system I have been involved with AMD has been a shit show. Especially for those who don't know how, like to, or want to troubleshoot.

Eyefinity used to be an argument... Not anymore.

Mantle is slipping in its power.

And Sean could give zero fucks about either.

Nvidia runs cooler and uses less power in almost every comparable part.

AMD is totally fine for people who want to save a buck and don't mind troubleshooting, but it is not better and it is much less stable for most people.

didn't say it was better. in fact i wouldn't  even recommend an amd card to sean. 

personally i've had very few issues with amd. 

Edited by lithium

Would Lightroom run better with a beefier video card?

Are there any video cards that allow you to have the screen displayed on 2 display with DIFFERENT resolutions. Specifically 1920 x 1200 and 1920 x 1080? (my main PC monitor is 1920x1200 and I'd love to patch it into my stereo/home automation for the other 5 TV's in the house.

i think they need to be the same resolution to duplicate the image. you could extend the image to one of them and then duplicate it to the rest. maybe

Edited by lithium

i dont like this pc talk. i start itching to upgrade. probably waiting for skylake

i dont like this pc talk. i start itching to upgrade. probably waiting for skylake

I know...makes me want to start looking on newegg and tiger direct for the shit for a new desktop gaming rig that I would never have time to play...

Is $2/sq foot a good price for cheep carpet?

I need it for the rental. It's the cheapest they had.

Menards will have shit cheaper than that. I got some frieze on sale for under a buck last year.

Even cheap carpet is good carpet. Like audio, the key is application and installation. Get a good quality pad no less than 8lbs., and make sure it is stretched properly and seamed properly and you're good. Follow that with a professional hot water extraction cleaning every 6 months and it should last a decade or more.

Sean how are the boys? I bet they are growing fast and ganging up on dad.

Definitely. Understatement. Aidan is in kindergarten and Tanner is a few months away from being 4. Nutso!!

I spent last night going through all my pictures of Gavin. The time just goes by so quickly.

nzxt doko, https://store.nzxt.com/products/doko-by-nzxt

might interest you sean

The only real reason I want to stream my computer to the TV's is that I've ripped our kiddie DVD's to the PC. Then I can toss the DVD player as it is in the living room now and I don't like looking at stuff like that.

I am the guy that hides all the cables, routes things nicely and tries to hide all electronics BESIDES speakers and the idiot box itself.

It's a project I'm definitely looking into.

Fucking love my NAS. I went a wee overboard on it, but worth it.

Costco's ditching AmEx by sometime next year. Sweet.

Sean how are the boys? I bet they are growing fast and ganging up on dad.

Definitely. Understatement. Aidan is in kindergarten and Tanner is a few months away from being 4. Nutso!!

I spent last night going through all my pictures of Gavin. The time just goes by so quickly.

I love going through old pictures of my kids. Hope Gavin is doing good. :)

Menards will have shit cheaper than that. I got some frieze on sale for under a buck last year.

Even cheap carpet is good carpet. Like audio, the key is application and installation. Get a good quality pad no less than 8lbs., and make sure it is stretched properly and seamed properly and you're good. Follow that with a professional hot water extraction cleaning every 6 months and it should last a decade or more.

No local menards installs for me.

Costco's ditching AmEx by sometime next year. Sweet.

Why?

I use that amex all the time.

Buy the carpet and pad from Menards, call a contractor to install.

Is $2/sq foot a good price for cheep carpet?I need it for the rental. It's the cheapest they had.

Menards will have shit cheaper than that. I got some frieze on sale for under a buck last year.Even cheap carpet is good carpet. Like audio, the key is application and installation. Get a good quality pad no less than 8lbs., and make sure it is stretched properly and seamed properly and you're good. Follow that with a professional hot water extraction cleaning every 6 months and it should last a decade or more.
Buy the carpet and pad from Menards, call a contractor to install.

Not hard at all to install yourself...

. . . If you have the proper tools and skill.

I would of swore this rib eye came from a milk cow. bull.gif

Daisy dog loved it with her breakfast the last few mornings atleast!