Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Belt drive is going to make that a spendy driver, but a hoot

I read online that I can own a gun but it has to be in a safe or lock box, around a felon, but I went to a gun store the other day and an employee told me he doesn't think that is true.. iDK!

Edited by Stephen93s10

You can only serve a felony sentence if convicted of a felony, so yes, he is a felon.

He only served 16 days in jail lol.... The reason for me asking these questions because I just passed my handgun safety test and I live in California... I want to purchase a handgun bad but not if it means he would get 5 years mandatory minimum for just being in the house :(.

Edited by Stephen93s10

He only served 16 days in jail lol.... 

To get felony probation you must be convicted of a felony, therefore  he is a felon unfortunately.

Took me about 45 seconds worth of googling......

Thanks... For the bad news lol, I googled it earlier but couldn't find anything.. Thanks man.

I am done with the cold and snow. Does it ever end?

Soon enough.

Is there a cost effective way to be rid of the chrome or turn it into black chrome? If it was truly rid, then I'd have to leave some.

2011-Cadillac-Escalade.jpg

Plastidip isn't a long term enough solution.

Vinyl or translucent black paint and clear coat.  I don't know what you consider cost-effective though. 

You can only serve a felony sentence if convicted of a felony, so yes, he is a felon.

He only served 16 days in jail lol.... The reason for me asking these questions because I just passed my handgun safety test and I live in California... I want to purchase a handgun bad but not if it means he would get 5 years mandatory minimum for just being in the house sad.png.

You'll have to check with local law enforcement.

Theres no fixing that Sean

Is there a cost effective way to be rid of the chrome or turn it into black chrome? If it was truly rid, then I'd have to leave some.

Vinyl or translucent black paint and clear coat.  I don't know what you consider cost-effective though. 

He only served 16 days in jail lol.... The reason for me asking these questions because I just passed my handgun safety test and I live in California... I want to purchase a handgun bad but not if it means he would get 5 years mandatory minimum for just being in the house :(.

Move out of California?

Move out of California?

I think that would be the same in any state. being a federal charge.

Paint was my thought as well. Any estimates? Is that $500, $1000???

He only served 16 days in jail lol.... The reason for me asking these questions because I just passed my handgun safety test and I live in California... I want to purchase a handgun bad but not if it means he would get 5 years mandatory minimum for just being in the house sad.png.
Move out of California?

True, but CA sucks donkey so moving is a good idea.

3 of mine are corroded and leaking

That seems awful early.

That seems awful early.
Ha, typical GM crap bullshit. Expected failure is near 100% here by year 5 according to the local tire shop. I don't doubt it after seeing the mess on the inside. This is also on a truck that shows NO rust on its underside and is kept clean. Clean for here anyways.

Since I am now buying 2 sets of wheels it made me think about addressing the chrome nonsense on the rig

Move out of California?
True, but CA sucks donkey so moving is a good idea.

Lol....

He only served 16 days in jail lol....

To get felony probation you must be convicted of a felony, therefore he is a felon unfortunately.

Took me about 45 seconds worth of googling......

You can have felony conditions and felony probation without a felony.

Happens with DUI all the time.

That said, this is obviously not the case. For the gun laws in California call a lawyer or the sheriff. I would call a lawyer specializing in gun law however. Most felony conditions mean you cannot have a gun in the house with a felon even if they are locked away.

Some loopholes allow it, if the felon does not have the code/key.

That seems awful early.

Ha, typical GM crap bullshit. Expected failure is near 100% here by year 5 according to the local tire shop. I don't doubt it after seeing the mess on the inside. This is also on a truck that shows NO rust on its underside and is kept clean. Clean for here anyways.

That is just unacceptable.  That's the American way, make it cheap and disposable.  I feel like I am reminded bi-weekly why I cannot spend my own money on a GM product.

You'll have to check with local law enforcement.

Correct, or a local lawyer who specializes in local gun law.

Move out of California?

Felony is not federal unless it's a federal felony. Trafficking, kidnapping, etc.

Federal lW is rather ambiguous and they wouldn't enforce it anyway. ATF and FBI are not going to make the rounds.

That seems awful early.

GM doesn't build aluminum wheels.  Many manufacturers have this issue with chrome plated wheels.  I have seen it from Ford, to BMW, to Jaguar, to Chrysler. . .  None of them are safe.

Paint was my thought as well. Any estimates? Is that $500, $1000???

If you are doing it yourself, I'd imagine $350 given you have spray equipment.    Duplicolor has a DIY kit, but I have no experience with it. 

That seems awful early.
That is just unacceptable.  That's the American way, make it cheap and disposable.  I feel like I am reminded bi-weekly why I cannot spend my own money on a GM product.
Don't just blame the 'mericans. ALL manufacturers do this shit now. I work with all of them. GM engineering is way more progressive and thorough than Mazda....

The real problem are the marketing idiots. The specify price points that cause corner cutting. Fuckers.

That seems awful early.
GM doesn't build aluminum wheels.  Many manufacturers have this issue with chrome plated wheels.  I have seen it from Ford, to BMW, to Jaguar, to Chrysler. . .  None of them are safe.
Indeed. Tire guys here say they all fail. The Cadillac ones are notorious, but when you look at the plating finish that was chosen it is obvious as to why. Easy solution. Don't get plated wheels!