Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

We have more snow on the way tonight.  This is the bull shit that keeps Puxatony Phil, fat and employed.

We had a high of 40 today :)

Rethought about buying a gun a little and don't want to spend all I have saved, anyone know of any cheap reliable handguns in the 425$ or less range?

Rethought about buying a gun a little and don't want to spend all I have saved, anyone know of any cheap reliable handguns in the 425$ or less range?

S&W Shield 9mm

Used Glock

S&W Airweight revolver. 

Matt why did you give up your 1911?

I purchased that pistol from my roommates father. It was his gun, and he sold it to me for home protection. There was a short time where a crazy person was in the neighborhood and causing issues many years ago.

My friends dad had quite a collection, but before he passed away he had sold several including my roommates AK 47 that was a gift from his dad.

That pistol is just about the only thing left from his dad so I gave it to him for his birthday. Going to have a buddy cerecoat it.

It had a lot of emotional value to me, but a bunch more to my roommate.

Awesome reason, what color are you going with?

Whatever color he wants.

R2 why do you like the shield?

Last time I held an M&P it wasn't anything special.

We have more snow on the way tonight.  This is the bull shit that keeps Puxatony Phil, fat and employed.

We got like 4" here and its still snowing like hell here..That is a lot in my area smile.png

anyone have advice on what kind of cookware to use with those glasstop electric stoves? 

i grabbed some cheapo's from wally world when I moved in with the intention of buying better stuff later. 

This is a lot of snow for my area..I am fixing to bundle my big ass up and go play in it!!smile.png  It has been years since I have been able to teabag fresh powder snow...I like making nude snow angles..To hell with the polar bear plunge!

">http://http://s1293.photobucket.com/user/mikel7829/media/20150225_200522_zps5irwcrwa.jpg.html'>20150225_200522_zps5irwcrwa.jpg

The car is coming along like a champ jared and yes ASU is quite a party school. While they have great education, the ratio of whores to decent women is easily 3:1. BTW are you going on vacation this summer? I am planning a trip to NY the beginning of August and am considering swinging out to CO for a week as well.

Sean what model Soloist is it you are truly after? I found a few SL2H with the floyd rose tremolo and seymor duncan pickups with the neck thru design. Both are around 1200 and are listed on the tampa CL.

Not on much due to school and other commitments.

J

We got like 4" here and its still snowing like hell here..That is a lot in my area smile.png
More than we've had since Dec 1st. sad.png

anyone have advice on what kind of cookware to use with those glasstop electric stoves? 

i grabbed some cheapo's from wally world when I moved in with the intention of buying better stuff later.

Depends on what you are cooking. Anything that is no stick or teflon coated should be thrown in the garbage. Not useful for any kind of cooking.

The car is coming along like a champ jared and yes ASU is quite a party school. While they have great education, the ratio of whores to decent women is easily 3:1. BTW are you going on vacation this summer? I am planning a trip to NY the beginning of August and am considering swinging out to CO for a week as well.

Sean what model Soloist is it you are truly after? I found a few SL2H with the floyd rose tremolo and seymor duncan pickups with the neck thru design. Both are around 1200 and are listed on the tampa CL.

Not on much due to school and other commitments.

J

SL2 or 2H, floyd or schaller, seymour duncan or EMG

Would highly prefer US made

Also would prefer an oiled neck

All that being said, I have only seen 2 oiled neck USA Jackson's for sale. Both were over $2k.

$1200 should be US made

I'll shop harder once I return from Japan. Fender/Jackson Japan made exact copies of the US ones and sold them as Jackson Stars. Hoping to find one there in the $500 range. Would be sort of unique as the name is different due to a Japanese copyright. Physically the only difference is a non color code head and no MOP inlay for the Jackson name.

I haven't scoured National CL lately...off to Tampa to peak smile.png

The one for $1100 on TB (quilted top) is a Japanese Jackson Star sold here as a Jackson. They only fetch $500-600 in Japan. In the US that would be a SLA as it has an arch top. I love the blue and the quilting, but for $1100 it better be made here. The $1500 shattered glass is overpriced and not my thing....but it is fucking close.

Thanks for thinking of me!!

Depends on what you are cooking. Anything that is no stick or teflon coated should be thrown in the garbage. Not useful for any kind of cooking.

Yes.

The one for $1100 on TB (quilted top) is a Japanese Jackson Star sold here as a Jackson. They only fetch $500-600 in Japan. In the US that would be a SLA as it has an arch top. I love the blue and the quilting, but for $1100 it better be made here. The $1500 shattered glass is overpriced and not my thing....but it is fucking close.Thanks for thinking of me!!

I wasn't certain about thr first one and the second one once I double checked and saw that it was painted not oiled neck, I knew it wasn't right.

I'm still on the hunt for the right fretless bass. Sadly I don't know what it is yet. I'll know it when I play it. The closest so far is a made in America Fender jazz bass and a custom PRS bass that I came across. Sadly that bass was well over what I want to pay.

J

When i have electricity I use Paula Deen on my Frigidaire glass top...not to bad.smile.png

The one for $1100 on TB (quilted top) is a Japanese Jackson Star sold here as a Jackson. They only fetch $500-600 in Japan. In the US that would be a SLA as it has an arch top. I love the blue and the quilting, but for $1100 it better be made here. The $1500 shattered glass is overpriced and not my thing....but it is fucking close.Thanks for thinking of me!!

I wasn't certain about thr first one and the second one once I double checked and saw that it was painted not oiled neck, I knew it wasn't right.

I'm still on the hunt for the right fretless bass. Sadly I don't know what it is yet. I'll know it when I play it. The closest so far is a made in America Fender jazz bass and a custom PRS bass that I came across. Sadly that bass was well over what I want to pay.

J

What turns your crank? I've seen a bunch lately. Almost bought one myself lol. Always wanted one bad when I played all the time. I miss my upright.

ie, if you have some idea I'll keep my eyes peeled as well. Some great shops up here.

ie, if you have some idea I'll keep my eyes peeled as well. Some great shops up here.

Looking for a 4 or 5 string with active pickups, narrow (read not extra deep) neck, painted fretlines. Much like you, I tend to play more on feel. Needs to be comfortqble sitting to practice as my Dean flying V is not.

Not opposed to the right acoustic as well.

The fretless you found is a steal at 175 especially if the glide is right.

J

Look at guitar center's website as well. They have ample soloists of different models and all over the country. A few may be right up your alley.

J

Look at guitar center's website as well. They have ample soloists of different models and all over the country. A few may be right up your alley.

J

100% are painted necks, I wrote to all of them.