Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

If you like the pistol that is Ll that matters.

My buddy is buying an XD in .40

I myself don't even see a point in calibre outside of .45 and 9mm as a primary/first pistol. But if you get it for dirt cheep and you like it, it's all good.

As long as the projectile can pass the FBI test through a few layers of denim, its an ok choice.

I checked out the XD 40, they were 550$ plus tax and I just didn't want to spend that much, but I will take it into consideration for a 2nd handgun.

How else would you shoot a gun without a few dozen beers.

Hell ya bro!!!

Payed 400$ for a used S&W bodyguard 38 special with a beam on it. It was in very good shape, looked new actually. The place where I bought it has to do a background check, and then I can pick it up on march 10th. Figured the bullets aren't really expensive, it's not to small of a bullet, I could carry it with me, use for home defense and take it to the range. Do you guys think it will be a good 1st gun? And if it was a descent price.

Being that you live on California that is probably a decent deal. Do you know the model #?

Nothing wrong with a 38 special, just make sure you like the fit, feel, and look. 

Just guessing that it is a 38MA.

Payed 400$ for a used S&W bodyguard 38 special with a beam on it. It was in very good shape, looked new actually. The place where I bought it has to do a background check, and then I can pick it up on march 10th. Figured the bullets aren't really expensive, it's not to small of a bullet, I could carry it with me, use for home defense and take it to the range. Do you guys think it will be a good 1st gun? And if it was a descent price.

I had a 38 Taurus fire off on me when dropped blew a chunk out of my left calf muscle..Was a hollow point lucky it missed my arteries..
It wouldn't surprise me if you were drinking

Honestly I was...critter was getting in the garbage and I slipped on the back deck of my old house when it was raining with the hammer cocked smile.png

Sound like you need to ease of the alcohol bro, at least you weren't seriously hurt and didn't get shot in that special spot lol :)

Being that you live on California that is probably a decent deal. Do you know the model #?

Nothing wrong with a 38 special, just make sure you like the fit, feel, and look.

This is the exact gun

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_832549_-1_792654_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Yes I have a gun sickness!

Once this FFL is completed FNH Scar will be on the way!

I had a 38 Taurus fire off on me when dropped blew a chunk out of my left calf muscle..Was a hollow point lucky it missed my arteries..
Honestly I was...critter was getting in the garbage and I slipped on the back deck of my old house when it was raining with the hammer cocked smile.png

Sound like you need to ease of the alcohol bro, at least you weren't seriously hurt and didn't get shot in that special spot lol smile.png

Not a alcoholic just a beer fanatic !! That was like in 2009 anyway! I am 100% drug free except my brewskies I see no problem with the alcohol!

This is the exact gun

http://www.smith-wesson.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product4_750001_750051_832549_-1_792654_757781_757781_ProductDisplayErrorView_Y

Nice gun. 

Once things are all done I can sell you that gun brand new for $437.39 here in PA.

Only gun I own anymore is a Ak-74..That is because it was a family hand me down!

The SCAR is nice.

I like Stoner Based rifles more, but it's a nice feeling gun.

Sound like you need to ease of the alcohol bro, at least you weren't seriously hurt and didn't get shot in that special spot lol smile.png

Not a alcoholic just a beer fanatic !! That was like in 2009 anyway! I am 100% drug free except my brewskies I see no problem with the alcohol!

Nothing wrong with having a few beers or getting a buzz, but it can be taken to far.

Nothing wrong with having a few beers or getting a buzz, but it can be taken to far.

I just drink beer..That is it no drugs what so ever or hard liquor..

This is the exact gun

Nice gun.

Once things are all done I can sell you that gun brand new for $437.39 here in PA.

You are opening a gun store? I payed 461$ with tax

The SCAR is nice.

I like Stoner Based rifles more, but it's a nice feeling gun.

I do also, but the cost of a scar is sweet on our side and I must have one for shows.

This is the exact gun

Nice gun.

My brother and I are hoping to get an FFL together to have a store front and do gun shows and most importantly supply my addiction.

This is the exact gun

Nice gun.

My brother and I are hoping to get an FFL together to have a store front and do gun shows and most importantly supply my addiction.

That's badass.

I like what Kalashnikov made too.

:-)

Mikhail was a genius I love the 5.45 more than the 7.62 better accuracy IMO...Gun was a hand me down in a will.

This is the exact gun

Nice gun.

That's badass.

We are hoping the interview goes well and things are completed no later than June.

I hope you can keep my addiction going.

I would be willing to put down healthy $$$$ to make initial purchases to sell products.

I almost plopped a few grand on a DTA rig to help a friend become an authorized dealer.

I plan to have my own business up and going by mid 2016 hopefully smile.png

anyone have advice on what kind of cookware to use with those glasstop electric stoves? 

i grabbed some cheapo's from wally world when I moved in with the intention of buying better stuff later.

Depends on what you are cooking. Anything that is no stick or teflon coated should be thrown in the garbage. Not useful for any kind of cooking.

I'm a pretty shit cook but thats mostly due to lack of experience. Just want to get a few decent pans, a knife, and speed more time cooking rather than heating cans of soup in the microwave lol.

what do you cook or want to cook? That somewhat determines the pan.

Mostly I'd still figure out what you need and then shop Homegoods/TJ Maxx places for bargains. As a general rule I think All Clad from there is usually a reasonable thing to think about buying.

i'll have to do some thinking about that. figured i'd start with the basics. Fry pan, sauce pan, maybe a wok for stir fry. 

What would be the best way to cook a steak? Sear then throw it in the oven?

Steak needs REALLY high heat and then not so much heat. Can do the opposite as well. Either a grill or stove top for the hot part and either a grill or oven for the low part. Make sure whatever pans you buy can go from stovetop to oven otherwise I would say that is also a useless pan.

i was thinking about using a caste iron pan for just the oven part if i cant find something that can do both.