Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I get confused because so many people say hot then so many say cold for muscles. However after my 5K last weekend the soak in the hot tub REALLY made me want one.

I get confused because so many people say hot then so many say cold for muscles. However after my 5K last weekend the soak in the hot tub REALLY made me want one.

I have been enjoying my wife's. Glad I bought it for her.

Sean do you think the filling made like a meatloaf with oats and instant broccoli&cheddar rice would be decent? And then stuff the raw bell's and bake for a few to ensure a crispy texture would be ok?

I don't eat meatloaf

Payed 400$ for a used S&W bodyguard 38 special with a beam on it. It was in very good shape, looked new actually. The place where I bought it has to do a background check, and then I can pick it up on march 10th. Figured the bullets aren't really expensive, it's not to small of a bullet, I could carry it with me, use for home defense and take it to the range. Do you guys think it will be a good 1st gun? And if it was a descent price.

I had a 38 Taurus fire off on me when dropped blew a chunk out of my left calf muscle..Was a hollow point lucky it missed my arteries..
It wouldn't surprise me if you were drinking
Honestly I was...critter was getting in the garbage and I slipped on the back deck of my old house when it was raining with the hammer cocked smile.png
Sound like you need to ease of the alcohol bro, at least you weren't seriously hurt and didn't get shot in that special spot lol smile.png

Not a alcoholic just a beer fanatic !! That was like in 2009 anyway! I am 100% drug free except my brewskies I see no problem with the alcohol!
roids are a drug

ie, if you have some idea I'll keep my eyes peeled as well. Some great shops up here.

Looking for a 4 or 5 string with active pickups, narrow (read not extra deep) neck, painted fretlines. Much like you, I tend to play more on feel. Needs to be comfortqble sitting to practice as my Dean flying V is not.Not opposed to the right acoustic as well.The fretless you found is a steal at 175 especially if the glide is right.J
Are you only interested in painted lines? ie, are dots enough? Have you tried to use a footstool like classical guitarists with the Dean? Do you like the Dean neck?The frets actually confuse me on a bass, but I played upright for so long and just grabbed an electric for when I couldn't travel wtih the upright. I love attempting to play old school funk or flea funk on the bass. I used to have a Fender Jazz Bass and a nice Peavey. At some point around 2000 I bought a Japanese Ibanez for dirt cheap which is all I have now. Still fun to pound on occasionally. Amazingly nice action for the $125 I paid for it lol
More of a lines kind of guy. I have played with dots but I get off a bit too easily at this point. Usually I play one leg up, other leg supporting the body. With the V the only resting spot while seated is in the notch, making reaching the top of the neck a PITA. That being said, the neck while standing glides easily in my hand, not too wide, but could stand to be slightly thinner.

The Fender Jazz bass and the old Peavy I played in HS was a copy of the Fender strat body. I also had a DeArmond JetStar that was great to play, but was a bitch to sit and play. Ibanez has never had the right feel or sound for my taste, as I tend to bounce between a jazz line, and a metal line. All depends on my mood,

J

I don't like the new either but for the price it is sweet. Sou d on a bass to Mr is all pickups and strings but feel is HUGe

ie, if you have some idea I'll keep my eyes peeled as well. Some great shops up here.

Looking for a 4 or 5 string with active pickups, narrow (read not extra deep) neck, painted fretlines. Much like you, I tend to play more on feel. Needs to be comfortqble sitting to practice as my Dean flying V is not.Not opposed to the right acoustic as well.The fretless you found is a steal at 175 especially if the glide is right.J
Are you only interested in painted lines? ie, are dots enough? Have you tried to use a footstool like classical guitarists with the Dean? Do you like the Dean neck?The frets actually confuse me on a bass, but I played upright for so long and just grabbed an electric for when I couldn't travel wtih the upright. I love attempting to play old school funk or flea funk on the bass. I used to have a Fender Jazz Bass and a nice Peavey. At some point around 2000 I bought a Japanese Ibanez for dirt cheap which is all I have now. Still fun to pound on occasionally. Amazingly nice action for the $125 I paid for it lol
More of a lines kind of guy. I have played with dots but I get off a bit too easily at this point. Usually I play one leg up, other leg supporting the body. With the V the only resting spot while seated is in the notch, making reaching the top of the neck a PITA. That being said, the neck while standing glides easily in my hand, not too wide, but could stand to be slightly thinner.

The Fender Jazz bass and the old Peavy I played in HS was a copy of the Fender strat body. I also had a DeArmond JetStar that was great to play, but was a bitch to sit and play. Ibanez has never had the right feel or sound for my taste, as I tend to bounce between a jazz line, and a metal line. All depends on my mood,

J

I don't like the new either but for the price it is sweet. Sou d on a bass to Mr is all pickups and strings but feel is HUGe

The body does play a factor as does the neck setup. Hell the difference in tone with a fretless and fretted Fender jazz bass is HUGE.

I will agree that feel is paramount

J

I hope you can keep my addiction going.

I would be willing to put down healthy $$$$ to make initial purchases to sell products.

We are doing on online store as well. So hopefully we will be able to keep you happy.
You have a buyer in me! I need some bulk .223 and a buttload of Pmags!
Lol how many ya need......i may know a guy who has some .223 military 30 round mags.

J

Depends on price, but I was going to buy 14 loaded with Federal green tips, and then Mr. Obama fucked that up.

Hmmm how much are they in your area?

J

The body does play a factor as does the neck setup. Hell the difference in tone with a fretless and fretted Fender jazz bass is HUGE.

I will agree that feel is paramount

J

play the same sake exact bass made out of two different woods and you'll agree a lot more. Sustain is about all that changes and even that is pretty slight. Not saying a pos will sound like a fender jazz bass but within reason I find no difference

Heat and ice are great for aches. Best to end with ice if you are nursing a strained muscle though.

Payed 400$ for a used S&W bodyguard 38 special with a beam on it. It was in very good shape, looked new actually. The place where I bought it has to do a background check, and then I can pick it up on march 10th. Figured the bullets aren't really expensive, it's not to small of a bullet, I could carry it with me, use for home defense and take it to the range. Do you guys think it will be a good 1st gun? And if it was a descent price.

I had a 38 Taurus fire off on me when dropped blew a chunk out of my left calf muscle..Was a hollow point lucky it missed my arteries..
It wouldn't surprise me if you were drinking
Honestly I was...critter was getting in the garbage and I slipped on the back deck of my old house when it was raining with the hammer cocked :)
Sound like you need to ease of the alcohol bro, at least you weren't seriously hurt and didn't get shot in that special spot lol :)
Not a alcoholic just a beer fanatic !! That was like in 2009 anyway! I am 100% drug free except my brewskies I see no problem with the alcohol!
roids are a drug

Prescribed z pack ?

8,500lbs for a vehicle and trailer sounds really, really, light.  

Find a farmer with one of the Fendt or similar tractors with a high speed road gear in it.  

Too much hassle. I have nobody reliable who can go check it. 400 miles round-trip. I'm going to take the course next week, rent the trailer and just go see the car. Then decide on the spot if we buy it. Worst case, we're out $80 per person (fuel + trailer rental) 

Car dolly?

Impossible to find for renting here. Plus the car no longer has insurance and road inspection. Otherwise we could've drove it here. 

The parts list adds up to over $1500 just by judging used prices, and there is nobody parting out a Miata within 1000 miles. 

Wish I could help man! That is some B.S. A light weight car..We could probably pick it up and load it in a box style UHAUL..

Thanks ! 

It's only a week delay, the course is cheap and I will probably find use for it in the future. 

Find a farmer with one of the Fendt or similar tractors with a high speed road gear in it.

Too much hassle. I have nobody reliable who can go check it. 400 miles round-trip. I'm going to take the course next week, rent the trailer and just go see the car. Then decide on the spot if we buy it. Worst case, we're out $80 per person (fuel + trailer rental)

Car dolly?

Impossible to find for renting here. Plus the car no longer has insurance and road inspection. Otherwise we could've drove it here. The seller rear ended it, bought it from it's original owner and is now trying to sell it to recoup some of his loss. With the bureaucratic jungle here it would be impossible to buy and re-register it under a different name.

Simplest option is to buy and part out. Or maybe build a Lotus 7 replica. Or some crazy kit car.

The parts list adds up to over $1500 just by judging used prices, and there is nobody parting out a Miata within 1000 miles.

I'm not suggesting this, but I am. In America you could probably get away with either with the right choice of roads.

Way way too much risk. You know, you don't get pulled over for 10 years straight and then when you are doing something "illegal" you get pulled over. Nevermind the ticket, you get a criminal record and they will also cancel your license for some time. If somebody hits me, I get the full blame, insurance doesn't cover anything since I did something illegal.

Just thinking about getting in a shitty situation and then saying "man, I should've done it right" makes my stomach turn. 

Snow is almost gone....

Car dolly?
Impossible to find for renting here. Plus the car no longer has insurance and road inspection. Otherwise we could've drove it here. The seller rear ended it, bought it from it's original owner and is now trying to sell it to recoup some of his loss. With the bureaucratic jungle here it would be impossible to buy and re-register it under a different name.

Simplest option is to buy and part out. Or maybe build a Lotus 7 replica. Or some crazy kit car.

I'm not suggesting this, but I am. In America you could probably get away with either with the right choice of roads.

Way way too much risk. You know, you don't get pulled over for 10 years straight and then when you are doing something "illegal" you get pulled over. Nevermind the ticket, you get a criminal record and they will also cancel your license for some time. If somebody hits me, I get the full blame, insurance doesn't cover anything since I did something illegal.

Just thinking about getting in a shitty situation and then saying "man, I should've done it right" makes my stomach turn.

You passed the test.

Yeah I was totally testing you.

Yep.

Car dolly?

You passed the test.

Yep.

I've done such things,but I realize that I only drove 5-10 miles when I did.

Car dolly?

You passed the test.

Yep.

I've done such things,but I realize that I only drove 5-10 miles when I did.

I towed a 14,000lb boat that was 11.5' wide 100mi home without permit. Towed it with a rig that wasn't rated for towing and had no rear brakes either. Oh to be young & dumb.

Love it when the architect listens to my designs.

Sitting in business class on a flight to LAX. Pilot took my picture in the pilots seat smile.png LAX to Tokyo next. Thank god for business class...

anyone have advice on what kind of cookware to use with those glasstop electric stoves?

i grabbed some cheapo's from wally world when I moved in with the intention of buying better stuff later.

Depends on what you are cooking. Anything that is no stick or teflon coated should be thrown in the garbage. Not useful for any kind of cooking.

I'm a pretty shit cook but thats mostly due to lack of experience. Just want to get a few decent pans, a knife, and speed more time cooking rather than heating cans of soup in the microwave lol.

what do you cook or want to cook? That somewhat determines the pan.

Mostly I'd still figure out what you need and then shop Homegoods/TJ Maxx places for bargains. As a general rule I think All Clad from there is usually a reasonable thing to think about buying.

i'll have to do some thinking about that. figured i'd start with the basics. Fry pan, sauce pan, maybe a wok for stir fry.

What would be the best way to cook a steak? Sear then throw it in the oven?

Steak needs REALLY high heat and then not so much heat. Can do the opposite as well. Either a grill or stove top for the hot part and either a grill or oven for the low part. Make sure whatever pans you buy can go from stovetop to oven otherwise I would say that is also a useless pan.

i was thinking about using a caste iron pan for just the oven part if i cant find something that can do both.

I thought I'd post a my 2 pennies on this. If I had to start with nothing and had little money I would get a good cast iron skillet. Do NOT buy lodge, find an old Wagner or something similar. If you are cooking on glass top make sure your cast iron is flat on the bottom (mine has a rim and it hurts heat transfer significantly on my flat top). You can buy pretty bad looking cast iron at a garage sale and restore it to former glory.

Get a good knife if you can (per Sean's recommendation) and I would recommend a cheap Victorinox back up ($15) with a similar pairing knife. To me I like the cheap one in case I have to cut something odd that I don't want to use my good one for.

Then a good size stainless pot. Its of course good for cooking large meals on a budget.

After that a good stainless skillet (again like Sean said, get at TJ Maxx etc).

I would still have a small non stick for little things (eggs, toasting spices, etc).

I did the majority of my cooking in college on a cast iron pan and pot. They are great because you really can't screw them up.

Wish these fuckers would get back to me as to which store this one is in:

http://www.digimart.net/search?category12Id=359&keywordAnd=80-315304309+&x=0&y=0

About $500, painted neck but at that price I'd buy it as a 2nd guitar for alternative tunings and use it as my primary until I find it. The blood red is pretty sweet IMO. I'd rather have a quilt top, but I like this one.