Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

My problem as always.  I like aluminum wheels.  No paint, no chrome, no dumb bullshit. Polished or partially can be okay, but come on.  There are SO MANY fucking ugly as choices for my truck it is insane.  

Can't go as low as the first one either.  I am a couple inches higher and get some minimal rubbing when there is a bunch of articulation and corner.  Pretty sure a ziptie and two well placed holes would resolve mine 100% though.  

Going to drop my rear a bit more, but not until the 305's are on.

I like the top wheel a lot, but it only comes in that finish or chrome plated.  Boo.  

I love running into a room to wrestle with someone after it's been filled with "top cop" double strength pepper spray from a fire extinguisher size canister.

Shit's still in my pores/lungs...

Why would you do that?
It's my job.

That didn't answer the question really. :P

More seriously yikes.

What type of answer would you rather?

It's the way my brain is hardwired. There was a call for staff to the max unit, so I run to help. No way I can sit back if there's a possibility one of may friends may be hurt or needs help. I work the segregation unit, so I'm primary responder for everywhere in the jail, as it's easiest for us to lock our unit down and run.

Not to tout my own horn, but generally I'm the first one up and running when a call for help comes across the radio.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if someone did get hurt and I had sat back and not helped.

I went from 1-2 discrepancies last inventory to 3 pages of being fucked in the goat Ass.

In one month.

Fuck

My

Life

Wtf? How did it get away from you?
#1 the system fucked me somehow.

#2 I entrusted my assistant manager.

It's. Combination of these things.

Thankfully a lot of it was, short one thing and over another.

I called my boss and let him know ASAP, he wasn't happy but understood as a bunch of it was these discontinued items that have been seriously fucking up my life.

I also got it down to a little less than 2 pages in the end. I was able to track down errors. My new Assistant is brilliant at inventory, that's how we caught the errors. He also has the flu, so when I double and triple checked the work we found he had confused numbers or didn't know about something weird.

#3 my warehouse fucked me bad. They skipped an invintory truck and still finalized it as if I got it.

Jesus man. Sounds like the system is hating your ass.

J

Kind of, but Fuck 'em. I'm in the absolute top of the rankings in general and I'm training new management or getting more from existing staff than anyone.

I manned up and took responsibility. No one's fault but my own, I should have watched my last assistant better. I made the assumption that a 60 year old with 20+ years in the biz was ready to handle it.

I love running into a room to wrestle with someone after it's been filled with "top cop" double strength pepper spray from a fire extinguisher size canister.

Why would you do that?
It's my job.

More seriously yikes.

It's the way my brain is hardwired. There was a call for staff to the max unit, so I run to help. No way I can sit back if there's a possibility one of may friends may be hurt or needs help. I work the segregation unit, so I'm primary responder for everywhere in the jail, as it's easiest for us to lock our unit down and run.

Not to tout my own horn, but generally I'm the first one up and running when a call for help comes across the radio.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if someone did get hurt and I had sat back and not helped.

I don't think anyone here knew you worked in a jail/lockup/prison.

So your description made little to no sense.

Crap dude, that sucks. :(

As long as that's the last time I'm ok.

I will accept responsibility for things under my purview every time. If it happens again however I'll know something more sinister is afoot.

My boss is reasonable and said clean it up and make sure it's not a problem again. Corporate sprung this inventory so I couldn't clear up things early especially since I called in sick and worked 6 days last week.

I'm also completely transparent. I don't call him without some kind of solution ever, but I never hide anything.

One of the cornerstones of my management style is that you must never hide anything from me. Secondly, emergency aside, you must come to me with some type of solution before you come to me with a problem.

Since I expect that of my team, I always deliver to my bosses. It's served me well.

Edited by dem beats

I ranked #88 in the nation recently, and top 10 in my region for overall performance in my area. It's basically just exceeding goals, but it still felt great.

Kind of a big deal. Newest in my role under my boss and the only guy to even make the list. Felt good.

Why would you do that?
It's my job.

More seriously yikes.

Ah. I thought most did. I know I've mentioned it before. Sorry for the confusion.

Can't go as low as the first one either.  I am a couple inches higher and get some minimal rubbing when there is a bunch of articulation and corner.  Pretty sure a ziptie and two well placed holes would resolve mine 100% though.  

The third pic shown in the top post. The black with the (looks like) brushed aluminum wheels. Those look pretty damn nice IMO.

J

Why would you do that?
It's my job.
That didn't answer the question really. tongue.png

More seriously yikes.

The :P was to show that your answer was fine, but left out the detail you just shared.  The Yikes was me feeling sorry for you, but I also appreciate your fervor and attitude.  No negatives in my response.

Why would you do that?
It's my job.

More seriously yikes.

Ah. I thought most did. I know I've mentioned it before. Sorry for the confusion.

I was not aware either. Pepper bombs from hell aside, how do you like that line of work?

J

One of the cornerstones of my management style is that you must never hide anything from me. Secondly, emergency aside, you must come to me with some type of solution before you come to me with a problem.

Since I expect that of my team, I always deliver to my bosses. It's served me well.

I do exactly the same. Although the solution is allowed to just be an idea. I consider it my job to improve that idea. Sure you are saying the same though.

I went from 1-2 discrepancies last inventory to 3 pages of being fucked in the goat Ass.

In one month.

Fuck

My

Life

I called my boss and let him know ASAP, he wasn't happy but understood as a bunch of it was these discontinued items that have been seriously fucking up my life.

I also got it down to a little less than 2 pages in the end. I was able to track down errors. My new Assistant is brilliant at inventory, that's how we caught the errors. He also has the flu, so when I double and triple checked the work we found he had confused numbers or didn't know about something weird.

#3 my warehouse fucked me bad. They skipped an invintory truck and still finalized it as if I got it.

J

Kind of, but Fuck 'em. I'm in the absolute top of the rankings in general and I'm training new management or getting more from existing staff than anyone.

I manned up and took responsibility. No one's fault but my own, I should have watched my last assistant better. I made the assumption that a 60 year old with 20+ years in the biz was ready to handle it.

You handled it the best way possible man. I am sure not only is your boss proud of you, he respects you more for having the balls to admit your mistake.

J

Why would you do that?
It's my job.

More seriously yikes.

Yep zero idea on that here.

The third pic shown in the top post. The black with the (looks like) brushed aluminum wheels. Those look pretty damn nice IMO.

J

Thanks for picking the $800 wheels (that is each not a set). :(

Regrettably I like them in descending order of price.  Aargh.

In one month.

Fuck

My

Life

J

You handled it the best way possible man. I am sure not only is your boss proud of you, he respects you more for having the balls to admit your mistake.

J

Indeed.  I never come down on someone for a mistake in the past (as long as they learn for the future) but I will surely come down like hell on someone if they hide a mistake in the past from me.

J

Thanks for picking the $800 wheels (that is each not a set). :(

Much like yourself, I seem to have expensive taste. You unlike me, have the salary to afford such a taste.

I have champange tastes on a discount whiskey budget.

In one month.

Fuck

My

Life

J

J

Indeed.  I never come down on someone for a mistake in the past (as long as they learn for the future) but I will surely come down like hell on someone if they hide a mistake in the past from me.

The best types of leaders mentor, and are down there doing work with their employees. The worst ones don't say shit, just keep driving them with no understanding that shit happens.

J

Why would you do that?
It's my job.

More seriously yikes.

I was not aware either. Pepper bombs from hell aside, how do you like that line of work?

J

Sounds like a great job for an adrenaline junkie. I am sure you have some crazy story's. Is the pepper spray the preferred method of control for all styles of outbreaks? 

Need to post these all together here while I shop elsewhere.  Didn't save pics last time, just my post lol.

20150131_154837.jpeg
Cadillac_Escalade_03_000.jpg
Cadillac_Escalade_02_000.jpg
c31b6c39.jpg

I had been leaning towards the 7 spokes (first pic) since you started. I think they have the most "aftermarket" look, without the gaudiness.  Now I think I am leaning towards the 3rd pic though, they look so clean on there. Plus they have an equal of lugs to spokes. Don't ask me why, but that shit can bother me. lol

If it was my ride I would probably end up with something blacked out except for the face of the spokes. 

Guessing thats the reason your dropping the funds on new wheels, is to have the "aftermarket" look?

I do exactly the same. Although the solution is allowed to just be an idea. I consider it my job to improve that idea. Sure you are saying the same though.

Exactly the same. And if they are in a panic I don't hold it too hard against anyone. Not that there is a lot of panic in my line of work.

Need to post these all together here while I shop elsewhere. Didn't save pics last time, just my post lol.

20150131_154837.jpeg

Cadillac_Escalade_03_000.jpg

Cadillac_Escalade_02_000.jpg

c31b6c39.jpg

For me, #1 wins. #2 & #3 tie.

If you ever chrome delete though, number 3 will look out of place I feel.

:)

In one month.

Fuck

My

Life

J

J

Indeed. I never come down on someone for a mistake in the past (as long as they learn for the future) but I will surely come down like hell on someone if they hide a mistake in the past from me.

The best types of leaders mentor, and are down there doing work with their employees. The worst ones don't say shit, just keep driving them with no understanding that shit happens.

J

I'm honestly to the point now where I have to groom my resume to move on. I'm quite a bit underpaid for the level of work I do. Or maybe more accurately I'm grossly underpaid for the work I do and the uneven work life balance.

J

Thanks for picking the $800 wheels (that is each not a set). sad.png

Much like yourself, I seem to have expensive taste. You unlike me, have the salary to afford such a taste.

I have champange tastes on a discount whiskey budget.

The reason I can afford it is because I am too cheap to do so though. Want/need and will spend are very different in my life.