Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Guessing thats the reason your dropping the funds on new wheels, is to have the "aftermarket" look?

Nope. My wheels are shot and leak like a sieve. Chrome rims are stupid (unless they are steel). Steel wheels are stupid (ruins comment 1). Since I have a performance flair on the Esclade I'd also like wider rubber.

Now the "extra" funds somewhat pertain to your comment. ie, I can buy the TBSS wheels which are like the stock although better balanced for the truck (ie 6 spoke versus 7) and available in polished aluminum where the factory reps of the stock wheels are only chrome. So those are a no brainer. The pain is what if I spend a "little" more and what it buys me. This is the only question. Do I spend a bit more and get something that I feel looks better.

Obviously $200 is a no brainer if I like them better, but going from $1300 to $3000 to get the clean 6 spokes in the link above I don't think I can stomach. I like them the best as well.

If the ones on the top were available in "raw" aluminum I'd do them for sure as they are only a couple hundred more than the TBSS knock offs but look better IMO. Yuor reasoning on those is exactly my goal. They could almost look stock, but look a little too good for that to be the case.

Can't go as low as the first one either. I am a couple inches higher and get some minimal rubbing when there is a bunch of articulation and corner. Pretty sure a ziptie and two well placed holes would resolve mine 100% though.

Going to drop my rear a bit more, but not until the 305's are on.

The third pic shown in the top post. The black with the (looks like) brushed aluminum wheels. Those look pretty damn nice IMO.

J

Thanks for picking the $800 wheels (that is each not a set). sad.png

Regrettably I like them in descending order of price. Aargh.

Much like yourself, I seem to have expensive taste. You unlike me, have the salary to afford such a taste.

I have champange tastes on a discount whiskey budget.

The reason I can afford it is because I am too cheap to do so though. Want/need and will spend are very different in my life.

Well Mr. Money bags, I want/NEED you to send me a couple money trucks my way :P

How does that fit being cheap?

I am in need of a vacation!!!!!!

I am almost in zombie mode...

I love running into a room to wrestle with someone after it's been filled with "top cop" double strength pepper spray from a fire extinguisher size canister.

Shit's still in my pores/lungs...

Why would you do that?
It's my job.
That didn't answer the question really. :P

More seriously yikes.

What type of answer would you rather?

It's the way my brain is hardwired. There was a call for staff to the max unit, so I run to help. No way I can sit back if there's a possibility one of may friends may be hurt or needs help. I work the segregation unit, so I'm primary responder for everywhere in the jail, as it's easiest for us to lock our unit down and run.

Not to tout my own horn, but generally I'm the first one up and running when a call for help comes across the radio.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if someone did get hurt and I had sat back and not helped.

I don't think anyone here knew you worked in a jail/lockup/prison.

So your description made little to no sense.

Ah. I thought most did. I know I've mentioned it before. Sorry for the confusion.

I was not aware either. Pepper bombs from hell aside, how do you like that line of work?

J

It has it's good and bad like any career. But for the most part I like it.

Biggest issue I would have is with other staff, but I realize no matter what you do for a living, or where you do it, you'll always have to deal with useless people.

I worked 7 years at a federal max prison, before it got closed down and needed to transfer, now I'm working the seg unit in a multi level facility. It's been a ton of boredom for the last year and a half, but in January we finally got our new max unit up and running, so things are starting to pick up and be fun again.

I love running into a room to wrestle with someone after it's been filled with "top cop" double strength pepper spray from a fire extinguisher size canister.

Shit's still in my pores/lungs...

Why would you do that?
It's my job.
That didn't answer the question really. tongue.png

More seriously yikes.

What type of answer would you rather?

It's the way my brain is hardwired. There was a call for staff to the max unit, so I run to help. No way I can sit back if there's a possibility one of may friends may be hurt or needs help. I work the segregation unit, so I'm primary responder for everywhere in the jail, as it's easiest for us to lock our unit down and run.

Not to tout my own horn, but generally I'm the first one up and running when a call for help comes across the radio.

I wouldn't be able to sleep at night if someone did get hurt and I had sat back and not helped.

I don't think anyone here knew you worked in a jail/lockup/prison.

So your description made little to no sense.

Ah. I thought most did. I know I've mentioned it before. Sorry for the confusion.

I was not aware either. Pepper bombs from hell aside, how do you like that line of work?

J

Sounds like a great job for an adrenaline junkie. I am sure you have some crazy story's. Is the pepper spray the preferred method of control for all styles of outbreaks?

Depends on situation. Pepper is great because it doesn't cause permanent damage and can be applied from a distance. There is a percentage of people it has no effect on though.

When something happens, we do have numerous options, it's deciding which one will be safest and most effective, while minimizing possible injuries.

There's everything from basic officer presence/verbal orders, all the way up to deliberately aimed shots from a firearm if required.

I think we are in a race for the painters Adrian!! Ready, set, GO!! biggrin.png

HAHA biggrin.png

You're on ! ! ! 

The sills are THICK. Money well spent, the seller wasn't joking when he said they are top quality. 

CPO 2011 328xi w/22k miles and loaded through the top.

Took my trade for way more than its worth, making the first payment, and met us down deep for a deal.

:woot: 

Slowest day ever, 5 more minutes and I'm out

Oh, and m5, as per your earlier reply, with the smiley, I didn't take it in any negative way.

Can't go as low as the first one either. I am a couple inches higher and get some minimal rubbing when there is a bunch of articulation and corner. Pretty sure a ziptie and two well placed holes would resolve mine 100% though.

The third pic shown in the top post. The black with the (looks like) brushed aluminum wheels. Those look pretty damn nice IMO.

J

Thanks for picking the $800 wheels (that is each not a set). :(

Much like yourself, I seem to have expensive taste. You unlike me, have the salary to afford such a taste.

Bourbon is better anyway

I was thinking the same.

J

Thanks for picking the $800 wheels (that is each not a set). :(

Bourbon is better anyway

Very true. Just trying to adjust the saying.

J

Can't go as low as the first one either.  I am a couple inches higher and get some minimal rubbing when there is a bunch of articulation and corner.  Pretty sure a ziptie and two well placed holes would resolve mine 100% though.   Going to drop my rear a bit more, but not until the 305's are on.

The third pic shown in the top post. The black with the (looks like) brushed aluminum wheels. Those look pretty damn nice IMO.J
Thanks for picking the $800 wheels (that is each not a set). :( Regrettably I like them in descending order of price.  Aargh.
Much like yourself, I seem to have expensive taste. You unlike me, have the salary to afford such a taste.I have champange tastes on a discount whiskey budget.
The reason I can afford it is because I am too cheap to do so though. Want/need and will spend are very different in my life.

They are VERY different. I look at all three on any major purchase. Hell its why I haven't picked up another bass yet.

I want a custom fretless Dean jazz bass.

I don't need a new bass right now

I can afford to wait.

J

Thanks for picking the $800 wheels (that is each not a set). sad.png

Bourbon is better anyway

Never really cared for liquor much..But I will take a swig of apple pie moonshine here and there smile.png

Man i am tired ass hell..4 days into the week and I have already hit 50.5 hrs and I have 3 days to go... 5th week strait 7 days a week,no clue when I will have a day off.Getting about 4 hours of sleep a night..And what little time I have for myself I am having to use to prepare for a upcoming speech..This shit is ridiculous!

so much stuff I need to do sad.png

If people above me would get there ducks in a row I might get some time for myself!!!!!

Man i am tired ass hell..4 days into the week and I have already hit 50.5 hrs and I have 3 days to go... 5th week strait 7 days a week,no clue when I will have a day off.Getting about 4 hours of sleep a night..And what little time I have for myself I am having to use to prepare for a upcoming speech..This shit is ridiculous!

so much stuff I need to do :(

If people above me would get there ducks in a row I might get some time for myself!!!!!

Oh hi there. Welcome to being a grown up.

Wait a few months and I'm sure somebody that blew thier tax returns on 24's will be broke. And then BAM you score!

Thats fucked up bro!!!

so much stuff I need to do :(

Lol

Dick.

But yeah, really, working to much sucks.

Thats fucked up bro!!!

Its true. Its said bluntly and without the sugar coating. But it is true.

J

Can't go as low as the first one either.  I am a couple inches higher and get some minimal rubbing when there is a bunch of articulation and corner.  Pretty sure a ziptie and two well placed holes would resolve mine 100% though.   Going to drop my rear a bit more, but not until the 305's are on.

The third pic shown in the top post. The black with the (looks like) brushed aluminum wheels. Those look pretty damn nice IMO.J
Thanks for picking the $800 wheels (that is each not a set). sad.png Regrettably I like them in descending order of price.  Aargh.
Much like yourself, I seem to have expensive taste. You unlike me, have the salary to afford such a taste.I have champange tastes on a discount whiskey budget.

They are VERY different. I look at all three on any major purchase. Hell its why I haven't picked up another bass yet.

I want a custom fretless Dean jazz bass.

I don't need a new bass right now

I can afford to wait.

I was going to sell my other guitar...lol. Not sure anymore. At least not until I buy another. Doh.gif I mean hell, I ordered another wall holder today. I suppose I could throw the bass up on it, but I don't have time to relearn 2 instruments atm.