Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

More shit wore out from sitting than driving. Not a lack of maintenance, just a lack of use.

That is some tail

You would of been jelly over the wine collection Sean. would guess was a 20' x 50' double walled walk in cellar. 

They say only 1 in 5 lobster tails served in restaurants aren't ruined from one factor or another. I would go with closer to 1 in 10 are edible. This one was spot on. The W even tried it and was amazed it was tender as it was. Funny I go to a 5star steakhouse and order seafood. 

Just for you Mikey.

11137123_865216373542150_617433664695003

11149375_865216376875483_921563474794051

Hell ya!! I just got real hungry all of a sudden.

Another one for you Mikey! 

gallery_10399_415_42964.jpg

Holly shit ! Thats a big lobster!

Alright, I think I am dialed for what to look for when buying the E46. None are deal breakers, but good to go into it eyes wide open. The biggies are avoid the SMG setup, and check the rear frame for cracks. 

As far as maintenance records, check to make sure the service was done at the correct intervals, and had regular fluid changes. I gather the water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, fuel filter, tranny fluid, diff fluid, coolant, brake fluid flush, idler pulleys every 60k, o2 sensor at 100k.

Whats the service interval for the VANOS? Looks like a technical process, but not out of my ability's.

They claim no need to change the timing chain. Whats the likely failure of one of those? 

Other things I can think would be check if any of the suspension bushings, and rear springs have been replaced. And hope the window regulators still work. 

Just for you Mikey.

11137123_865216373542150_617433664695003

11149375_865216376875483_921563474794051

Hell ya!! I just got real hungry all of a sudden.

My mom dropped off a freezer full of beef from a half cow she bought. I am jazzed as its easily 6-9 months worth. I am already thinking of the first few things I am going to make.

That steak was cooked one minute per side, with the grill as hot as possible. Moved to a new spot on the grill when flipped. (to make up for the grill's deficiency) And rested for 8-10 minutes before serving. 

I'm not sure on the mileage and I think there was premature failure anyways in certain cars. I would just do the maintenance as soon as you get it, then you know its done. 

Unless the PO can show you the maintenance has recently been performed

Oh and common failure is the seals

I'm not sure on the mileage and I think there was premature failure anyways in certain cars. I would just do the maintenance as soon as you get it, then you know its done. 

Fair enough. I have read quite a bit about them failing. I studied the repair procedure too, so understand whats failing. (seal, bearings,anti-rattle piece) The re-installation is about the most technical part to preventing failure it seems.

That steak was cooked one minute per side, with the grill as hot as possible. Moved to a new spot on the grill when flipped. (to make up for the grill's deficiency) And rested for 8-10 minutes before serving.

Makes me want a good ole sirloin or such..But I have alot of pork that needs ate up even after I am going to give some away..

Makes me want a good ole sirloin or such..But I have alot of pork that needs ate up even after I am going to give some away..

Ribeye FTMFW!!

I would be busting out some green chili with all that pork, If I was you!

Any ever roll the fender lip on a car before? I just ruined a brand new tire, and I am not amused.

I take it no one here has had to do this? 

I am getting ready to do the baseball bat technique here in a minute. I figure if a guy that drives a Subaru can do it, I should have no problems.

Sorry didn't see it before, I have used that device. Works great, what car?

Is on the Mustang. I don't have the tool, was going to do the second video's route.

Only other route is change the rims which I don't really want to do.

Is on the Mustang. I don't have the tool, was going to do the second video's route.

Only other route is change the rims which I don't really want to do.

I dont see why not. The only issue would be the quality of the metal that you are trying to roll out and maybe getting the paint too hot

Honest opinions about the look of this ride? Not to guido?http://cosprings.craigslist.org/cto/4943229692.html

I like the look, but I also am curious about the service records like Sean is. Additionally the lack of a head on shot makes me wonder if it has frontend damage from a prior accident.

J

Honestly was just curious what you guys thought of the murdered out look. Had no intentions of buying or even test driving that particular one. (Is 3.5hrs away and way over KBB value) My taste for most things is an "industrial" or "steampunk" look. As far as cars I like "atomic" era body styling. My point is I would not buy a car to boost my ego or impress ppl. Is strictly for fun. Sean nailed on the head though as far as the persona. Hadn't veiwed it that way.

Never saw you as an egotistical guy at all. Too damn down to earth and humble for that shit.

J

I don't really follow current fashions a whole lot either. Kinda sway to the beat of my own drum. Guess I should of ran black rims when it was in. lol 

Sean could of said it looks like a 17 yo's car and would of meant about the same as what he posted. :P

Usually means you can find shit cheaper than normal. Not a bad thing bro.

J

So I being told I have allergies and not a sinus infection. Not real sure, but at this point I am willing to try anything.