Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Alright, I think I am dialed for what to look for when buying the E46. None are deal breakers, but good to go into it eyes wide open. The biggies are avoid the SMG setup, and check the rear frame for cracks. 

As far as maintenance records, check to make sure the service was done at the correct intervals, and had regular fluid changes. I gather the water pump, thermostat, belts, hoses, fuel filter, tranny fluid, diff fluid, coolant, brake fluid flush, idler pulleys every 60k, o2 sensor at 100k.

Whats the service interval for the VANOS? Looks like a technical process, but not out of my ability's.

They claim no need to change the timing chain. Whats the likely failure of one of those? 

Other things I can think would be check if any of the suspension bushings, and rear springs have been replaced. And hope the window regulators still work.

E46 is the one generation I skipped so I can only guess...

Yes to the big no on the SMG. This is fact.

Maintenance records and the desire to keep things clean. I love buying from people and not dealerships. I want to see their garage and house. If it isn't in order, I would expect them to have neglected the car. Neglected and German is bad.

VANOS is a Seth question. Been on the bimmerboard asking?

Timing chain. I've NEVER heard of a BM'er timing chain concern. Belts yes, greatest reason to not buy a pre-92 2.5L

I would be busting out some green chili with all that pork, If I was you!

Me too. Lots of it smile.png

J - had no idea Hobart WNY was in the fam. A wee bit more industrial than my needs which account to doing something once/month max...but my interest is piqued. I am going to rethink my needs a bit and come up with some questions smile.png

Thank you!

My first delivery

IMG_20150408_142219_zpsbwdyzhlc.jpg

DAMN are these things spendy. $100+ each. Of course they will support 1000hp biggrin.png

J - had no idea Hobart WNY was in the fam. A wee bit more industrial than my needs which account to doing something once/month max...but my interest is piqued. I am going to rethink my needs a bit and come up with some questions :)Thank you!

We do buy back 'old stock' from smaller business' as well. I have put smaller slicers in bars, and Elks lodge kitchens.

And yes Raiff Bros Inc. has been around for about 90 years now. My father currently runs it, and I am not directly involved. I could have been, but honestly did not see staying in WNY as a great life move in comparison to Active Duty in 2005, or moving to FL in 2013. WNY is too expensive, and honestly I get sick of seeing the same people, doing the same shit, the same way 5+ years after I saw them last. Makes life depressing, and quite often drags you down too.

J

Sorry didn't see it before, I have used that device. Works great, what car?

Is on the Mustang. I don't have the tool, was going to do the second video's route.

Only other route is change the rims which I don't really want to do.

I dont see why not. The only issue would be the quality of the metal that you are trying to roll out and maybe getting the paint too hot

Worked fine with the baseball bat. I didn't have to worry about paint. :)

W140, on 08 Apr 2015 - 12:53 PM, said:snapback.png

j-roadtatts, on 08 Apr 2015 - 11:44 AM, said:snapback.png

W140, on 08 Apr 2015 - 11:39 AM, said:snapback.png

Is on the Mustang. I don't have the tool, was going to do the second video's route.

I dont see why not. The only issue would be the quality of the metal that you are trying to roll out and maybe getting the paint too hot

Worked fine with the baseball bat. I didn't have to worry about paint. smile.png

Glad to hear that. I have that eastwood paint roller and I am less than impressed with it.

Worked fine with the baseball bat. I didn't have to worry about paint. :)
Awesome and :stfu:

That steak was cooked one minute per side, with the grill as hot as possible. Moved to a new spot on the grill when flipped. (to make up for the grill's deficiency) And rested for 8-10 minutes before serving.

Makes me want a good ole sirloin or such..But I have alot of pork that needs ate up even after I am going to give some away..

Ribeye FTMFW!!

Yes! I agree smile.png

I am going to pull a few pounds and share with some buddies smile.png  Whats up with the green chili? I don't have any of those,but I do have a few gallon freezer bags of Banana peppers and Jalapeno's from the garden  last year.

I am going to pull a few pounds and share with some buddies smile.png Whats up with the green chili? I don't have any of those,but I do have a few gallon freezer bags of Banana peppers and Jalapeno's from the garden last year.
those won't help, need some hatch chile

I am going to pull a few pounds and share with some buddies smile.png Whats up with the green chili? I don't have any of those,but I do have a few gallon freezer bags of Banana peppers and Jalapeno's from the garden last year.
those won't help, need some hatch chile

After pulling maybe 3-4 pounds this is what I have left to work with.

">http://20150408_191742_zpszbkl8inv.jpg

">http://20150408_191756_zpsknjvgxzf.jpg

Looks dry as hell IMO.

J

Looks dry as hell IMO.

J

It has been in the fridge for a few days...Of course it will be a bit dry than it was out of the smoker...Looking for a use and not to waste... Fresh off the smoker the juice dripped off the meat nothing dry about it really.And the pics was taken cold of course.

Motherfuck. I ordered a Pioneer that was supposed to plug right into the dash, and wouldn't you know it, nit a chance.

Looks dry as hell IMO.

J

Didgie temp in the fridge reads 37 Fahrenheit so of course the juice will be glazed after chilling for 3 days at said temp..

Motherfuck. I ordered a Pioneer that was supposed to plug right into the dash, and wouldn't you know it, nit a chance.

Model? And what is it going to installed in? All else fails I should be able to make your adapter and list it on ebay for you...

Still shocked that Tanner has surgery and FoxPro5 has a baby at the same hospital on the same day.

Huh?

Baby foxes?

It is mild Australian and I prefer something local with some aged fat, but my wife isn't quite as keen on that.

She never complained about my aged fat.......

Getting real pita's is key too.

Btw Matt - when in dinkytown, Bill's Imported Foods make the best ones in town. Great selection of cheap feta, olives, and olive oil. The latter being what they think is good eating oil that I use as cooking oil, but great price and super flavor for that. Not mild grocery store bullshit. Great use of Kalamata oil wink.png

I usually end up a Wally's for late night schwarm.

I'll check it out.

By just I don't mean exclusive, but that is the base.

So good on my rubins though...

Getting real pita's is key too.

Btw Matt - when in dinkytown, Bill's Imported Foods make the best ones in town. Great selection of cheap feta, olives, and olive oil. The latter being what they think is good eating oil that I use as cooking oil, but great price and super flavor for that. Not mild grocery store bullshit. Great use of Kalamata oil wink.png

I usually end up a Wally's for late night schwarm.

I'll check it out.

Wally's??

Still shocked that Tanner has surgery and FoxPro5 has a baby at the same hospital on the same day.

Huh?

Baby foxes?

Nein, FoxPro5 is a member on here. John.

By just I don't mean exclusive, but that is the base.

So good on my rubins though...

I never said it was bad, just odd on lettuce IMO