Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

About all I do is work Sean. I work 40 hrs a week tattoo'ing and could work ALL the hours my body can stand beyond that. I also work 20-40 hours a week gardening. Yes I make more money gardening then tattoo'ing. I hit the ground with my feet running most days and do not stop until 9-10 at night. So to answer your question, I honestly would be putting in about half the days (not hours) as the painter to reach the dollar sum. Not to mention I don't have alot of freetime.

As far as being a perfectionist, it would not stop me from using the car. Yes it will hurt alittle more that first few scratches, but thats about it.

As far as supports, I already welded in the subframe connectors and added all other possible bracing. 

Time vs money is a great topic in and of its self. I am getting to an age I realize the less shit I need, the less I have to work. Now just to minimize all the bullshit. Of course that requires reevaluating my needs and eliminating anything wasteful. (harder said than done with a family) Guess you could say I got wrapped up in lifes BS, woke up and realized I was just another sheep in the crowd, going through the motions. What a dis-attached, vague meaningless life 95% of the ppl around us are living. I am to the point i really just want to button up all the things I am committed and not take on anymore pointless projects. Get on to enjoying my time, and get out of the hamster wheel.

LIFE is a limited time engagement. I try pack it with as many meaningful experiences as possible. :)

This is some of the most meaningful writing I have seen in a long time. Well said Jared.

Also makes me want to reevaluate things as well.

J

^-----entertaining 50mm video.

Won't fucking embed though.

Fuck.

Fuckfuckfuck

For the 2016 president election are you wanting to see a democrat or republican in office?

Communist or anarchist.

I like extremes.

For the 2016 president election are you wanting to see a democrat or republican in office?

Communist or anarchist.

I like extremes.

lol..

Nitto's ordered! Can't wait to cut the Michelin tires off!

http://www.nittotire.com/passenger-tires/motivo-all-season-ultra-high-performance-tire/

Those look like some well mannered tyres!

The problem in the tire world is as they gain popularity the price goes up. When they were first introduced the cost was $132.00 a tire, I got mine for $166.00 a tire.

I am told they are a kick ass performer on a car. We will see.

Still cheaper than the BFG's. Do you know how the Nitto's wear? Or is this your first pair?

This is my first for this tire, but I run tera grapplers on the 4runner and love them.

The 420's are supposed to wear great. I rape tires though

Favorite pastime in my part of the country

About all I do is work Sean. I work 40 hrs a week tattoo'ing and could work ALL the hours my body can stand beyond that. I also work 20-40 hours a week gardening. Yes I make more money gardening then tattoo'ing. I hit the ground with my feet running most days and do not stop until 9-10 at night. So to answer your question, I honestly would be putting in about half the days (not hours) as the painter to reach the dollar sum. Not to mention I don't have alot of freetime.

As far as being a perfectionist, it would not stop me from using the car. Yes it will hurt alittle more that first few scratches, but thats about it.

As far as supports, I already welded in the subframe connectors and added all other possible bracing. 

Time vs money is a great topic in and of its self. I am getting to an age I realize the less shit I need, the less I have to work. Now just to minimize all the bullshit. Of course that requires reevaluating my needs and eliminating anything wasteful. (harder said than done with a family) Guess you could say I got wrapped up in lifes BS, woke up and realized I was just another sheep in the crowd, going through the motions. What a dis-attached, vague meaningless life 95% of the ppl around us are living. I am to the point i really just want to button up all the things I am committed and not take on anymore pointless projects. Get on to enjoying my time, and get out of the hamster wheel.

LIFE is a limited time engagement. I try pack it with as many meaningful experiences as possible. :)

This is some of the most meaningful writing I have seen in a long time. Well said Jared.

J

Wow, guess I went on a tyrant. Still pertinent to the discussion though. (Hadn't smoked yet to dull my senses)

J, you should always reevaluate life. Often if not daily.

thank you everybody for being my soundboard. I cannot tell you guys how much I value your input. :)

J

Wow, guess I went on a tyrant. Still pertinent to the discussion though. (Hadn't smoked yet to dull my senses)

I try to reevalute where i am in life a few times a year at the least. It usually happens when something significant occurs. The main issue is deciding what needs fixing, and what is good as it is.

J

J

I try to reevalute where i am in life a few times a year at the least. It usually happens when something significant occurs. The main issue is deciding what needs fixing, and what is good as it is.

J

What works for me is writing down my goals, plans and just general things I have to do or want to accomplish. I make the lists on my phone in the notepad. I can Get everything written down and out my head, then I can focus on one thing at a time. I reflect on the lists often. This helps me stay in touch with my short and long term goals. Also not being afraid to admit when something isn't important, or is not working anymore, and being about to cut my loses. Keeps life organized and is efficient.

Time to do a brake job on the new Jeep BUT...I have the bad caliper design. While browsing ebay for the good calipers, ebay suggestions shows some Mercedes 4-piston calipers. 10 minutes later I spend $50 for 2 S-Class 4-piston calipers, made by Brembo. They need bigger rotors, which fit perfectly from a newer Grand Cherokee. S-class pads + new GC rotors are the same price as rotors + pads for the better designed calipers. Not to mention the better designed calipers are more expensive. Yay better brakes biggrin.png

That is one beautiful thing about jeeps, parts are abundant.  Good score!

Good Jeep calipers = $70

Benz S-Class calipers = $45

Picked up both yesterday and the Benz ones are lighter. Not much bigger but hooray 4-piston, the only bad part is I'm missing the pins which hold the pads and a metal clip. Should be cheap at the Benz dealer. 

Really curious on how the brakes feel after the upgrade. Going from 12" to 13" rotor, 2 46mm piston calipers to 4 piston (2 40mm, 2 44mm).

After rotors and pads it's the same price as regular brakes. So win-win. 

I am chomping at the bit to get started on the interior. At this point though is more productive to do the paint before I get to far. 

A test fit of the new back seat and side panels. 

10931180_854257764638011_503836001316917

21157_854257757971345_539142294877149385

Need to rebuild the door hindges and window regulators before anything. 

11062691_854257761304678_109593165601312

The race is still on, let's see who has it painted first :D

And in another stupid stroke of luck, I found the rear Addco sway-bar for sale. It's been backordered for quite some time new but I managed to find a NIB one on a forum add which was almost a year old. 

Bilstein 4600's also coming up at the same time as the Addco. 5100's are valved too hard for stock weight.  

:woot: upgrades

And in another stupid stroke of luck, I found the rear Addco sway-bar for sale. It's been backordered for quite some time new but I managed to find a NIB one on a forum add which was almost a year old. 

Bilstein 4600's also coming up at the same time as the Addco. 5100's are valved too hard for stock weight.  

:woot: upgrades

That's just stupid good luck that dude still had it after a year. Vehicles are a labor of love for us to go though so much to get them how we want them. I can't see bigger brakes being a bad thing either. :D

IF I pull the trigger on the painter I have lined up, I should have it done in 3-4 months. We stall see who wins as anything is possible.

J

J

What works for me is writing down my goals, plans and just general things I have to do or want to accomplish. I make the lists on my phone in the notepad. I can Get everything written down and out my head, then I can focus on one thing at a time. I reflect on the lists often. This helps me stay in touch with my short and long term goals. Also not being afraid to admit when something isn't important, or is not working anymore, and being about to cut my loses. Keeps life organized and is efficient.

I may try this out. Sounds effective as hell.

J

Writing down your wins, losses, encounters and goals is huge.

Review weekly. It's one of the most important rules you will learn.

If you haven't, read How to Win Friends and Influence People and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. Both my Dale Carnegie, and usually found together called Dale Carnegie's Lifetime Plan For Success.

HTMFAIP is Easily the most important book I ever read.

woot.gif upgrades

That's just stupid good luck that dude still had it after a year. Vehicles are a labor of love for us to go though so much to get them how we want them. I can't see bigger brakes being a bad thing either. biggrin.png

IF I pull the trigger on the painter I have lined up, I should have it done in 3-4 months. We stall see who wins as anything is possible.

The body guy told me to call him after Easter (this weekend). I have to strip the car as much as I can to make it easier for him. 

A realistic goal for me would be to have it ready for paint before you finish painting it :D

LIFE is a limited time engagement. I try pack it with as many meaningful experiences as possible. smile.png

J

J

J

Reflecting on the lists helps me to prioritize what I am doing with my time. Hell, sometimes they just give me a perspective change, and thats all I need. When nothing else can change, then change your perspective is my motto. 

If you haven't, read How to Win Friends and Influence People and How to Stop Worrying and Start Living. Both my Dale Carnegie, and usually found together called Dale Carnegie's Lifetime Plan For Success.

Honestly I have you to thank for that train of thought Matt. :)

I live pretty overly cautious FDA in my fridge.

My guess is you've broken a bunch of the rules.

Storage ONLY at under 40F or over 140F

Transport in less than an hour, much less without precautions

Freeze/cook immediately

Refridgerate for up to 4 days

Sure there are more. I have no problem at 5-7 days but I am very careful with my fridge. Messy as hell, but the temps are right and warm shit never goes in.

So you let stuff get to room temp before you put it in the fridge? 140 to room temp is probably more than an hour for a big cut of meat.

I have a chilling drawer in my fridge. I never let an hour occur outside of refridgeration.

I also use my fridge freezer as a frost collector. ie, for quick chilling of things for the fridge or for the initial freeze before the freezer. Defrosting or adding heat to your freezer is even worse than the fridge as not only is it unsafe, but it ruins food.

I try to keep a drawer in my freezer available for those times. Same with one of the "veggie" drawers in the fridge which all have a Quick chill option.

That's pretty interesting, thanks.

LIFE is a limited time engagement. I try pack it with as many meaningful experiences as possible. smile.png

J

J

J

Reflecting on the lists helps me to prioritize what I am doing with my time. Hell, sometimes they just give me a perspective change, and thats all I need. When nothing else can change, then change your perspective is my motto.

Honestly I have you to thank for that train of thought Matt. :)

Really?

I didn't know. I'm beyond flattered boss.

It's all the bed, I'm sure.

woot.gif upgrades

Awesome! :)

I actually give that book to all the managers that report to me, and most of my trainees.

Their willingness to read it and if they apply the info helps me gauge their interest in moving up in the company. It's obviously not even a metric we use to score people on. For me though if someone puts in the time to read it, I am more likely to spend time coaching them.

Jared I am looking forward to the finished project and lots of pictures.