Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

My biggest problem is paying $900 for the enclosure and subs.

I am sure that it will be sellable for $400+ down the road, but it hurts to buy such chinsy subs for so much dough.

The location and integration is somewhat perfect though

7184198012_ffc03be4cc_c.jpg

Hmm, that isn't actually the right car but the label said it was.

JL_StealthBox_zps0yoqpgwk.jpg

With all that rear space behind the seat it either means console or there.  Console I "could" fit a wimpy 8 or I could move electronics elsewhere and fit my SoundSplinter Rli 8 but I'd rather lose no storage and do something like that.  I really wish I could see one in person though before buying as I am still frightened it'll be crap.  The JL portion gives me confidence it won't be utter shit, but still....

I seriously don't give a shit about "bass" but definitely want to round out the last octave as it isn't quite enough atm.

More power and eq may solve that, but I'll only get power by upping my input voltage

Room for a shallow mount under the drivers seat perhaps? I think pioneer makes one already in an enclosure, assume other company's do too.

I don't think I could bring myself to pay that for a prefit box ethier.

I've been speaking my mind, lol.  Big cam needs heads.  Big carb needs complete package: fuel pump, heads, intake, exhaust etc.

Thank you Sean, for taking the time to explain everything you have. I gained a ton of knowledge. I was trying to find a softer, easier way but there isn't one.

Looks like I will be tearing it down to find the cam specs. Will go from there. :)

Event Coordinator currently, was props master at a few theatres as well.

Both sound like some fun jobs. Event coordinators stay busy around Aspen and vail areas.

My daughter is starting up at CSU next year for business. Event coordinator is high on her list of future job prospects. :)

My workbench is TOO SMALL!

I'm like a kid at Christmas with parts. I get up in the middle of the night just to look at them. :D

Any 10" sub with a less than 4.75" mounting depth that you'd rather own than JL 10w1v3's?

And yes, I don't really want those either but from an output perspective they will be nearly an equal to the SS RLp I ran sealed in my old truck so they will do what I need.

1.3cuft is the shared volume for the pair...

Yes, stupid Stealthbox. Really wish Dcon's fit. Not that I can buy the Stealthbox unloaded, but I figure I'd try a local dealer and see. And yes any sub really will be fine if the w1's work, I know....just would prefer to not have JL's lol.

I might have something for you. Let me go measure depth.

Shit, nevermind. 5.5"

Another mountain shot. J might remember being here. 

11146248_850517888347831_371599337420287

Looks like my ex-wife from the back...My router in that pic somewhere  huh2.gif

Room for a shallow mount under the drivers seat perhaps? I think pioneer makes one already in an enclosure, assume other company's do too.

I don't think I could bring myself to pay that for a prefit box ethier.

There are a few that fit, but I bet my mids play bass as well as they do.  :Doh:

I've been speaking my mind, lol.  Big cam needs heads.  Big carb needs complete package: fuel pump, heads, intake, exhaust etc.

Thank you Sean, for taking the time to explain everything you have. I gained a ton of knowledge. I was trying to find a softer, easier way but there isn't one.

Looks like I will be tearing it down to find the cam specs. Will go from there. smile.png

Don't call it explaining, just my perception which may be wrong.  I am not confident I know what I am doing yet, but always tryto simplify things to what I know.

Shit, nevermind. 5.5"

Thanks for looking.

My other option is to stay subless...but then I need to put 8's in the doors and build some full rangers up top.  Don't have time for that shit right now.

Looks like my next-wife from the back...My router in that pic somewhere  huh2.gif

Careful buddy

Looks like my next-wife from the back...My router in that pic somewhere  huh2.gif

Careful buddy

Nice edit..Lol I said ex biggrin.png

I remember it very vividly. Long ass walk, being passed by senior citizens because I was moving slow as hell. Reciting John Valby and The Jerky Boys with you and Marky the day after finishing my sleeve, and the day before I flew out. Standing on the log floating on the crystal clear glacial melt pond.

I still reflect on it as one of my 'zen' places when shit stresses me out too much.

J

Shit, nevermind. 5.5"

Thanks for looking.

My other option is to stay subless...but then I need to put 8's in the doors and build some full rangers up top.  Don't have time for that shit right now.

I may be completely out of my mind here, but what about 2-4 6" subwoofers under the seats? Since all you want is the sound, they may work out.

J

I'm happy that I am my worst critic. People liked my photos more than a friend who was an actual photographer.

That was certainly an ego boost.

I'm happy that I am my worst critic. People liked my photos more than a friend who was an actual photographer.

That was certainly an ego boost.

Care to show us as well?

J

Sean, just build a wall and be done.

:-D

The JL Stealthbox is a wall.  Separates the back of the window from the front.  I think it is actually a 4th order BP wall too.  At least it hits like it Yo!