Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

We are under a TOR:CON level 4 alert..

I have to ask, why do ppl live where there are tornado s? I just don't understand the logic is all. Bc its all you know perhaps?
Actually you may think it is weird but I like it when it storms..Exciting to me,I have always be fascinated by the weather it is amazing how mother nature works.
Thats why I love Tampa/St Pete. Beautiful storms down here. The thunder and lightning are amazing.

J

Spring up here some nights you can read books by the lightning. Love it.
I would give my left nut for a full day/night of dark storm clouds with tons of thunder and lightning.

Nothing beats a storm that lights up the sky and shakes the house.

J

You sound like mike he practically said the same thing yesterday

This suede headliner is a BITCH!  Much better than stock though.  Wish I could do the dash.

Why can't you?  Is it a headliner you bought?  The Escalade needs love!

No, I bought the material and covered myself.  It would have been better had I had a couple friends, but was difficult to do alone.  I did one side at a time, and on the second side, I learned to do a small area at a time so I could pull what I needed.  The dash might be easier since I can pull it out of my other car, plus it won't be foam backed so I don't have to worry about the foam separating from the material if I have to reposition.  I'll snap some pics and show you.  I  have a few fuck ups, but I LOVE it in comparison.  I have to order more material though to do the rest of trim. 

I REALLY want my dash done.  Headliner in the SUV is huge...but would be cool for sure.

Sean, you ever learn any German for work? I imagine they all speak English, but...

Not really, but that being said I can follow any conversation in the building.  Lots of people there think I speak German considering how interactive I can be.

Nothing serious at this point, but I'm thinking Germany would be a cool place to go for school if I can swing it, so I'm learning German. laugh.png

Germany is the LAST place in Europe I'd go for anything

except maybe school, but it sucks that it is in Germany

Sean, you ever learn any German for work? I imagine they all speak English, but...

Not really, but that being said I can follow any conversation in the building.  Lots of people there think I speak German considering how interactive I can be.

Nothing serious at this point, but I'm thinking Germany would be a cool place to go for school if I can swing it, so I'm learning German. laugh.png

Haha, I admit I haven't put much thought into it, but going somewhere for school outside of America is exciting. The idea just struck me and I thought why the fuck not, I'm only going to live once...

I also know PhDs are setup differently in Europe than in US, eg here you have course work and research, in Europe it's primarily research and they usually require a masters beforehand, hence the less/no coursework.

Haha, I admit I haven't put much thought into it, but going somewhere for school outside of America is exciting. The idea just struck me and I thought why the fuck not, I'm only going to live once...

Idea is great.  Germany just sucks as a country to be in.  Probably my least favorite.  And of course where I go the most.  The food is horseshit.

What makes it so bad? Switzerland?

What makes it so bad? Switzerland?

It's full of Germans.  Did I mention awful food?

Even their cities blow.  Really a shit hole for a country when it comes to visiting Europe. 

Speaking of shit shows.  Be in LA in an hour, get to sit there for a couple hours.  14 hours later I'll be in Guangzhou China.  Get to sit in that SHIT hole for 6 hours and then a short flight to Taiwan.

Going to visit some Silicon Wafer manufacturers.  See if we can help alter that industry a bit.

I've got to get to a new page.  I keep seeing all those veggies in a bag on this page and it makes me sad.

Combining things to cook that take significantly different amounts of time to cook is like putting two different subs connected to different powers of amplifiers in the same box.  May actually be worse.

Even more sad that the meat is left unbrowned.  Perhaps the goal was to make dog food......again

I understand wanting to soften the starchy potatoes, but what did the carrots, celery or onions do to you?

By the time that meat is cooked those will be mush and nasty.  One note meals where everything tastes the same should stay relegated to prisons

Seen the movie: Better Off Dead?

If so, you'll understand the boiled bacon comment.  If not, you can probably still imagine why this generally is a bad idea.  

I guess you went to cooking school in Germany, eh Mike?

When will this page fucking end?

New race for the top...although in this case it is more of a bottom

Speaking of shit shows.  Be in LA in an hour, get to sit there for a couple hours.  14 hours later I'll be in Guangzhou China.  Get to sit in that SHIT hole for 6 hours and then a short flight to Taiwan.

All so the wife won't catch you getting a handy.

Trying the old bag method,not sure how good it will be..Veggies was seasoned with Mrs Dash smile.png

">http://20150419_171003_zpsdmhiv4tt.jpg

">http://20150419_171139_zpsmsw5cawl.jpg

Yikes, no way.  Mush for vegetables and steamed meat is BAD.