Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

More seriously I'd MUCH rather drive a minivan than that pos.

I kinda have a thing for the Chrysler Pacifica...lol
you have a mullet your opinion is worthless

That is just hardcore!!

"brushes hair"

sad.png

More seriously I'd MUCH rather drive a minivan than that pos.

I kinda have a thing for the Chrysler Pacifica...lol
you have a mullet your opinion is worthless

You will grow one when I finally decide to sell you my priority Camaro project smile.png  And you will let your mullet flap in the wind with the T-Tops out from the torque from the twin turbo National motor cool.png

biggrin.png

Not to mention Sean this will be a 100% Team SSA vehicle to show my love..cool.png

May take some time to find what I need,but I am ambitious individual smile.png

Talked to the wife. The big take away is she doesn't feel comfortable in a car and wants to be up higher.

That's what my wife said.

I made her watch crash tests and how bad small SUV wrecks turn out compared to das German.

Blood in the streets drivers ed type shit.

Then showed her she can't get low MPG, low cost, and an interior that isn't horrible for her price point.

you live in bumfuck nowhere, what would being higher up do???

Farm animals, deer, etc.

J

Talked to the wife. The big take away is she doesn't feel comfortable in a car and wants to be up higher.

I made her watch crash tests and how bad small SUV wrecks turn out compared to das German.

Then showed her she can't get low MPG, low cost, and an interior that isn't horrible for her price point.

Farm animals, deer, etc.

J

I like deer jerky!! smile.png

We talked about it and it has nothing to do with logic.

She just grew up in trucks, jeeps, etc and enjoys being higher off the ground. We talked about how a higher vehicle is not safer, but she doesn't really care.

Maybe if I can get her to drive some different vehicles she'll change her tune, but I think the being low will always be an issue.

On the flip side I grew up in full size trucks and I LOVE being close to the ground. Heck, put in a window so I can see how close my butt is to the ground!

She obviously want a a minivan. It fulfills ALL of your criteria btw

ANNND she hate's minivans

Doesn't like the Edge because it is Minivan-esque

IMG_20150518_175357714_zpsat1cned4.jpg

What you guys think?!?!

Go rent one and drive it for a day. If you still are contemplating it, I will personally drive down and beat the shit out of you.

I had to suffer on one as a rental. I wish I had insurance on it as I would have totaled it out to get a different car. Seriously shit

smile.png

That is our rental until we replace the car. The wife got in it the first time, started reaching for some of her cars features (seat height, telescoping wheel,etc) and then said, "This is a piece of crap!"

Also, I'll throw in that I hate renting cars. can I seriously not have ANY say in what car I get other than a grab bag of random ass vehicles that have probably been smoked in?

What's the Subaru wagon/SUV? Outback or something? That sounds like what she needs.

Doesn't like the look.

Woman logic.

Or rather to not be sexist, people who don't understand cars, physics, or anything else logic.

To me, being higher up has one benefit. When my arthritis was at its worst, it was easier to climb up an in than to climb up while getting out.

Great for when I'm wheelchair bound and don't have cartilage left.

Lol

I will still refuse to push one.

LoL

Mike you have a handfull. Take some time to educate her, or just buy her what she wants and you be the responsible smart one with the vehicle. My wife got a cobalt as her last car, learned her mistake. Her independent nature made her fight me this time, but eventually she became overwhelmed and let me help.

I tested drive cars 3-4 times a year, and basically read up on everything new and how they age because I'm neurotic. Even then, having a good dialogue and explaining consequences was hard.

ANNND she hate's minivans

No she doesn't, she just thinks she does. She is describing one to a TEEEE in her description of wants.

Plus, this:

2007_mercedes-benz_r-class_r63_amg-pic-3http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/07/03/18/54/2007_mercedes-benz_r-class_r63_amg-pic-37228.jpeg]

Although not in your budget, nor do you want to maintain it.

Ok, no sliding door so perhaps you could call it a wagon but I disagree. Minivan built by men, for me. Gay ones, but what he hell. I sort of want one.

For the wife to drive

Doesn't like the Edge because it is Minivan-esque

And the CRX is okay? WTF?

Woman logic.

Or rather to not be sexist, people who don't understand cars, physics, or anything else logic.

To me, being higher up has one benefit. When my arthritis was at its worst, it was easier to climb up an in than to climb up while getting out.

If you bumper to bumper a lot being up high doesn't suck either.

Was about to say I used to drive everything but haven't in a while...then as I started typing I realized it is spring. Not a fan of winter test drives.

Ok, no sliding door so perhaps you could call it a wagon but I disagree. Minivan built by men, for me. Gay ones, but what he hell. I sort of want one.

Roommates professor had one when he was in grad school.

That and you need a packing lesson.I can live for 3 weeks in a 20" carry-on EASY

Tips or links to? I'd love to be able to do this for me and the girl.J
The biggest tip possible is pack everything that you need, but NOTHING you won't use.
That I figured on. What about folding techniques, or things thereof.

J

don't fold....ever. Roll. Depends on what you pack. I am lazy and use a suiter

Great tip actually. Helps a lot to roll clothes instead of folding. 

Woman logic.

Truth, that is one thing nice about my lifted truck.

Woman logic.

Truth, that is one thing nice about my lifted truck.
But you have NO traffic...