Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Doesn't help how much the damn caddy throws shit around. The rear window took FOREVER to clay bar. Like 50 passes in each spot. Was insane.

Why would you clay glass? It's a waste of product. It's non-porous; there will only be surface contaminants. Save yourself a lot of time and some cash and buy some 0000 steel wool and some baby shampoo and distilled water in a sprayer. It's aquick, effective, abd removes everything without scratching.

Good tip!

Sucks because tomorrow I am supposed to go and get the boat. Wife asked if we could use her Volvo, lol.It does tow 4960lbs which would legally fit what Malibu says my boat weighs almost. They list the boat at 4200lbs + trailer...however mine scaled out at 6870lb. WTF???

Figuring on 2600 extra lbs I would say the trailer, water, gas, engine fluids, and upgrades account for the weight Sean.Especially if you changed the seating from stock.Or that could be stock weight, and yours has upgraded packages.J
I quoted the TOWING weight, not hull. Hull can't be more than 2k I thought. Engine/drive and fluids add up quick though.My seating is near stock. I double insulated one storage bin to create a 4' long cooler, but otherwise it is pretty stock. That is mostly foam with some glass and gel coat though so I wouldn't call it heavy. Also added a 4" riser to the seat which was a hunk of aluminum rectangle tubing.
Then where does that extra 2600 lbs come from if the manufacturers numer is towing? Is it the same trailor it was rated with?

Maybe you have kilos or cash in the tires or hull. It did come from the SW.

J

I'd live to know. Everyone with my boat says the same

This is a better perspectiveAMG%20LSV%201%20of%201_zpsrxkbphsj.jpg

I still miss the size of the AMG. It was really perfect. Big enough for a 2 week family trip, huge front buckets and enough seat for the boys in the backseat.

The damn thing looks like a toy truck next to the boat. Kinda reminds me of the BMW X3.

J

only it was as big as an x5

Doesn't help how much the damn caddy throws shit around. The rear window took FOREVER to clay bar. Like 50 passes in each spot. Was insane.

Why would you clay glass? It's a waste of product. It's non-porous; there will only be surface contaminants. Save yourself a lot of time and some cash and buy some 0000 steel wool and some baby shampoo and distilled water in a sprayer. It's aquick, effective, abd removes everything without scratching.
A long time ago i bought some aggressive glass clay. Been using it since

i also didnt know you could use steel wool on glass. I have 0000. Curious on the baby shampoo as well i normally just use sparkle

i also didnt know you could use steel wool on glass. I have 0000. Curious on the baby shampoo as well i normally just use sparkle

I have used scotch brite pads and detergent with good results.

http://www.scotch-brite.com/wps/portal/3M/en_US/Scotch-BriteBrand/Scotch-Brite/Products/Product-Catalog/~/Scotch-Brite-Non-Scratch-Scour-Pad?N=4337+3294631761&rt=rud

Edited by pmureika

Anyone use a tire dressing that lasts for more than a week?

I use the cheap Meguiars gel. I buy one of those curved applicators to apply, then let it sit for a couple hours, then rub it into the tire which also removes the excess.

That is what I was using too.

I don't mind a "wet" look either however.

I like low gloss.  I so badly miss that low gloss Armor-All formula from about 15 years ago.  Stuff was great!

You can use glass cleaner, but the baby shampoo is cheap.  Get some from a dollar store and it will last you about 10 years.   Add a couple drops to the spray bottle, fill with water, and voila. 

I used to do a lot of detailing as a side job and for the old man, so I like to use as little product and keep it cheap.

Razor blades and ammonia also work well for glass, Sean.

Distilled water and denatured alcohol.

Wouldn't the alcohol be hard on the paint?

Damn, the HOP is dead today, wheres everyone at

Working like a dog.
X2 I gotta work a fuckin weekend!
120 last 2 weeks round about.

No IT and barely enough sales to beat draw.

Makes for a long day don't it? 80% of the time I average 60-80 hrs a week it gets old,no time to do shit.

Long time ago my average was 72. Left that job. I wouldn't mind if my pay didn't better reflect my hours.

It is crazy when you work about twice as much as the average american in a week then hearing people complain being tired from a 36-40 hr work week..alot of times my days get all out off wack sometimes don't even know what day it is..I know you know what I mean if you been there..Several times when I have had sun off I jump up early in the morning rush to get ready...then feel like a dumbass when I realize I don't have to go in..lol

Damn, the HOP is dead today, wheres everyone at

Working like a dog.
X2 I gotta work a fuckin weekend!
120 last 2 weeks round about.

No IT and barely enough sales to beat draw.

Makes for a long day don't it? 80% of the time I average 60-80 hrs a week it gets old,no time to do shit.

Long time ago my average was 72. Left that job. I wouldn't mind if my pay didn't better reflect my hours.

It is crazy when you work about twice as much as the average american in a week then hearing people complain being tired from a 36-40 hr work week..alot of times my days get all out off wack sometimes don't even know what day it is..I know you know what I mean if you been there..Several times when I have had sun off I jump up early in the morning rush to get ready...then feel like a dumbass when I realize I don't have to go in..lol

I have done that. Get up thinking you're late for work and when you get there you are like two hours early or the wrong day!

So I got tired of buying a new $100 weed eater every year. I have a lot of maintenance that I have half assed for years and now I need to do something about it.

I decided to look at the multi-task units offered by Echo, Husqvarna, and Stihl. I elected to stick with these 3 brands as they are really excellent units for homeowners and professionals. I want to play with the various offerings like pole saws, hedge trimmers/lawn scythe, brush cutters, etc. My goal was 13 pounds with trimmer, simple trimmer head string swaps, 1.25HP, and a good warranty.

I picked up the Stihl first. I started looking at the homeowner's series head, the KM56RCE. It has a 2 stroke engine, 1.1 HP, right at 9 pounds for the head, an easy start (decompression set up), and a 2-4 year warranty. It was decent, but lacked the power I was really hoping for. The price of the head was a really easy $210, and let's be real, it's a Stihl. I have a 50 year old Stihl chainsaw that has outlasted 4 Poulans and an Echo. But the CARB tier was estimated at 150 hours... The professional Series (KM90, KM110, and KM130) have a 300+ estimated tier, and 4 stroke engines rated at 1.27, 1.4, and 1.9 HP rating and priced at $310, 350, and 390 respectively. The pro series also boasts a vibration damping system for the engine to reduce fatigue. They are heavier, but smaller than the 2 stroke motor.

I picked up the Echo and was not impressed. Usually they make a great product, but the attachments felt jenky in the connection. They were also very close lipped about the power ratings. At $300 for their top of the line offering, the price was excellent. Their 5 year warranty kicked ass.

I like the Husqvarnas. They make an amazing product, but right out of the gate I was turned off by the price. Their models that compared to the Stihl Homeowners series priced out at a whopping $450. At 1.1 HP and that price I stopped bothering with it.

I went with the Stihl KM90r. After talking to the rep (fully ready to throw down the money for the 130) I think it is a good fit. He said most pros who use their systems use the 90 motors. The 110 just really uses more gas, and the 130 is so hyper most people don't care for it. SO I grabbed the straight shaft Autocut trimmer head attachment, the brush cutter attachment, the pole saw attachment, and an additional Fix-Cut trimmer head (just insert 8" lines into the receptical, so no winding/etc.) for when the boy uses it. With oils, fuels, additional accessories I wound up spending about a grand on a god damn weed eater. It had better last me a long fucking time.

I just came in from using it for several hours. Started on the second pull cold, and 1st pull on successive startups. The trimmer is a monster, it straight throws some trimmings. I'm glad they gave me free safety glasses... I need them. The brush cutter is frightening. I used it for several hours, even grinding a stump down with it. Tomorrow I will be using the pole saw, to deal with some branches around the roof of my house. Unfortunately, I paid a shit ton of money for a weed eater that still requires user effort.

Wouldn't the alcohol be hard on the paint?

As a glass cleaner.

So I got tired of buying a new $100 weed eater every year. I have a lot of maintenance that I have half assed for years and now I need to do something about it.

I decided to look at the multi-task units offered by Echo, Husqvarna, and Stihl. I elected to stick with these 3 brands as they are really excellent units for homeowners and professionals. I want to play with the various offerings like pole saws, hedge trimmers/lawn scythe, brush cutters, etc. My goal was 13 pounds with trimmer, simple trimmer head string swaps, 1.25HP, and a good warranty.

I picked up the Stihl first. I started looking at the homeowner's series head, the KM56RCE. It has a 2 stroke engine, 1.1 HP, right at 9 pounds for the head, an easy start (decompression set up), and a 2-4 year warranty. It was decent, but lacked the power I was really hoping for. The price of the head was a really easy $210, and let's be real, it's a Stihl. I have a 50 year old Stihl chainsaw that has outlasted 4 Poulans and an Echo. But the CARB tier was estimated at 150 hours... The professional Series (KM90, KM110, and KM130) have a 300+ estimated tier, and 4 stroke engines rated at 1.27, 1.4, and 1.9 HP rating and priced at $310, 350, and 390 respectively. The pro series also boasts a vibration damping system for the engine to reduce fatigue. They are heavier, but smaller than the 2 stroke motor.

I picked up the Echo and was not impressed. Usually they make a great product, but the attachments felt jenky in the connection. They were also very close lipped about the power ratings. At $300 for their top of the line offering, the price was excellent. Their 5 year warranty kicked ass.

I like the Husqvarnas. They make an amazing product, but right out of the gate I was turned off by the price. Their models that compared to the Stihl Homeowners series priced out at a whopping $450. At 1.1 HP and that price I stopped bothering with it.

I went with the Stihl KM90r. After talking to the rep (fully ready to throw down the money for the 130) I think it is a good fit. He said most pros who use their systems use the 90 motors. The 110 just really uses more gas, and the 130 is so hyper most people don't care for it. SO I grabbed the straight shaft Autocut trimmer head attachment, the brush cutter attachment, the pole saw attachment, and an additional Fix-Cut trimmer head (just insert 8" lines into the receptical, so no winding/etc.) for when the boy uses it. With oils, fuels, additional accessories I wound up spending about a grand on a god damn weed eater. It had better last me a long fucking time.

I just came in from using it for several hours. Started on the second pull cold, and 1st pull on successive startups. The trimmer is a monster, it straight throws some trimmings. I'm glad they gave me free safety glasses... I need them. The brush cutter is frightening. I used it for several hours, even grinding a stump down with it. Tomorrow I will be using the pole saw, to deal with some branches around the roof of my house. Unfortunately, I paid a shit ton of money for a weed eater that still requires user effort.

That's why my dad had kids so we could do all the lawn work.biggrin.png

Thank you so much. I have been going through cheapies every 2 years.

Great input.

The smd site is about the biggest piece of shit audio site. . . . Got kicked off in one day for not praising smd products. . That site should not be an audio forum. Its an smd product promotion site

The smd site is about the biggest piece of shit audio site. . . . Got kicked off in one day for not praising smd products. . That site should not be an audio forum. Its an smd product promotion site

Who needs SMD when you have SSA anyways.

Sucks because tomorrow I am supposed to go and get the boat. Wife asked if we could use her Volvo, lol.It does tow 4960lbs which would legally fit what Malibu says my boat weighs almost. They list the boat at 4200lbs + trailer...however mine scaled out at 6870lb. WTF???

Figuring on 2600 extra lbs I would say the trailer, water, gas, engine fluids, and upgrades account for the weight Sean.Especially if you changed the seating from stock.Or that could be stock weight, and yours has upgraded packages.J
I quoted the TOWING weight, not hull. Hull can't be more than 2k I thought. Engine/drive and fluids add up quick though.My seating is near stock. I double insulated one storage bin to create a 4' long cooler, but otherwise it is pretty stock. That is mostly foam with some glass and gel coat though so I wouldn't call it heavy. Also added a 4" riser to the seat which was a hunk of aluminum rectangle tubing.
Then where does that extra 2600 lbs come from if the manufacturers numer is towing? Is it the same trailor it was rated with?

Maybe you have kilos or cash in the tires or hull. It did come from the SW.

J

I'd live to know. Everyone with my boat says the same

Get it xrayed. Might pay off.

J

Went to an auction today that was mainly from a liquor store. Ended up with a 7ft wood makers mark umbrella, 2 seagrams sweet tea tailgating chairs, a pair of hanging blown glass lights, and about 5000 humidification pillows for ahipping cigars. Everything brand new in the boxes.

They had some woodford reserve, jameson, and sailor jerry stuff but those items went for apdamn near (if not over) retail pricing.

J

Who needs SMD when you have SSA anyways.

I know . Just wanted to see how it was over there lol

Thank you so much. I have been going through cheapies every 2 years.

Great input.

Dude, I got so tired of wasting my money and time. I would get irritated when they would get hard to start. I generally got a year out of a $100 "Weedeater" or Craftsman weed eater, then I would throw the fucker in the burn pile. 3 weeks ago my eater died. I figure I have been a homeowner for over 20 years, so I have spent roughly 2K on crap weedeaters. Why not buy one that will likely outlast me? I just hope this survives the test of time.

Plus I got the bonus of the pole saw, brush cutter, and a lot of other great attachments like a killer blower, lawn scythe, edger, cultivator... and like 14 other attachments. It's really a cool tool.

stihl-kombi-tools.jpg

Hey hey, lemme sell you this sweet blender I have. I'll give you good deal

And hard starts. Seriously... Why does a 50cc little fucker take 300 pulls and some ether to get going.

Fuck.