Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

A little fix for Mikey ;)

FB_IMG_1443920452019_1.jpg

the Big Ugly got towed today. Yay!! GM. Water pump took a dump.

The best part of this is he had a g string that he would act like he was taking off and put it on guys who were checking him out, hell he even got phone numbers written on his arm.

Good kid, I may have had a hand in raising him.

Might be a stupid question, but why did you not replace it when the super charger as installed?

And if course not 2 weeks ago did I completely flush my cooking system. Yay for doing things 2x.

You know that water pump is made right next to Ford, Toyota, and Honda pumps.

You know that water pump is made right next to Ford, Toyota, and Honda pumps.

Do they fail in those applications? My buddy who is mechanic yesterday said he wasn't surprised as he see's a shitload of GM ones at about 100k. I would have preventatively done it had I realized.

In general though I am rather familiar with the suppliers as they are all our customers.

A water pump at 100 to 150k was the norm I thought.

Water pump, alternator, plugs, wires, suspension, brakes all in the same range.

Time to order an alternator then, the rest has been done!

A little fix for Mikey wink.png

FB_IMG_1443920452019_1.jpg

lol mofo!biggrin.png

How is everybody doing today? I had to work of course. sad.png

http://minidsp.com/products/minidsp-in-a-box/c-dsp-6x8

275 is not a bad price for an 8 channel dsp. much cheaper than the ppi version they made, iirc.

I paid $180 for my PPI.

i think this minidsp unit is the equivalent of the ppi deq rather than the dsp-88r.

There's not enough difference between any of them to justify more than a $20 price difference. Still too much IMO.

I'm looking to buy some new dsp's I think. in between cars I had my minidsp's in a box and my dad accidentally damaged them, at least that's my current theory. I'm still diagnosing the problem but it sounds like I'm overloading the inputs with my behringer uca222 (im hearing some static and popping) but changing the jumper didn't help. bypassing the dsp and going directly to the amp fixes the issue. But there is also some dependency on air temp which is making me second guess everything.

I don't think my Behringer overloads the inputs on the minidsp's in my truck. I also may have never turned it up all the way though either... Very possible my gains are hot enough to melt the fuck out of anything but I am not concerned as I don't run it hard pretty much ever.

Ya I think i'll get more aggressive with the gain and see what happens. 

I have a reserve hidden volume knob in my car to prevent idiots from frying everything. Minidsp built in volume control as a safety tongue.png

Might be a stupid question, but why did you not replace it when the super charger as installed?

Because it didn't have to come off. Intake pulls off the LS's QUICKLY so I only did what I needed to. Figured a short block is in my future and then I'd...

yeah, whoops.

Just wondering, but since you did not have to open it I understand.

LOL

reminds me of when I heard a ping and my belt tensioner broke. No more power steering and alternator. I was a mile from home. 

Time to order an alternator then, the rest has been done!

:lol: 

Mine failed at the Austrian/Hungarian border, so I had about 400 miles to drive before getting home. I had my Ctek charger among the tools and decided to just drive fast. Viscous heater bearing shat itself, the pulley rubbed on the coil and made some horrible burnt plastic smell. So I couldn't drive fast. But we got home...

Water pump went on my 90 model but not on my 02. Replaced the fuel pump at 200K, Alternator at ~160K. I have replaced both L and R wheel bearings (stupid lift). I have replaced the battery a couple times and that's about it.

I nearly shit myself in a suit trying to make a sales training thing this morning.

I must have made some goofy choices to end up in this weird place profesionally.

I woke myself up farting. Not sure if that that relates.

My ex-wife did that a couple of times while I was still awake.

Do they fail in those applications? My buddy who is mechanic yesterday said he wasn't surprised as he see's a shitload of GM ones at about 100k. I would have preventatively done it had I realized.

In general though I am rather familiar with the suppliers as they are all our customers.

Fucking Dex-Cool eats engine parts from my experience.

Standard issue Propylene/Ethylene Glycol and Water is the only way to fly.

Fucking Dex-Cool eats engine parts from my experience.

You'll only see issue with improper mix ratio and anything besides distilled water. Most problems occur because the system's been opened before and not serviced properly.