Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Anybody in here play XBox One? Wih how unreliable Playstation has become, I am really thinking of trading mine.

J

Anybody in here play XBox One? Wih how unreliable Playstation has become, I am really thinking of trading mine.

J

Mine's been a total PITA. As soon as we're done with Halo, it's getting sold.

Those look awesome Seth!

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

J

I have a buddy with an early PS4, he has had no problems. I bought the Star Wars Battlefront PS4 and have had no issues. I've heard numerous issues with XB1s. What issues have you had with PS4?

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Those look awesome Seth!

Paradigm love! I assume you still have yours?

I really like the Digms, but they carry a hefty price tag. With what I have dumped into the headphone set-up and now the analog rig, I will have to chill out for a few months. I have a chunk in the Jolida right now and am looking for several desirable NOS tubes to play with the sound. I am focusing on the small signal tubes right now, but the power tubes will likely be swapped out from the 6550s to some NOS Tung Sol KT88s

Yes I sure do. Not sure I could go without them.

J

What became unreliable? I have 4 in my house!

:-)

Edited by dem beats

So much so that i've actually never seen one working

Of course I've never seen one not working either

J

What became unreliable? I have 4 in my house!

:-)

The PS network as a whole. It consistantly crashes, they have had 5-7network outsges with little in return for their piss poor networks. Meanwhile when Microsoft goes down, they are back up much sooner, and when they take their time coming back up they gave their subscribers much more to make up for it. They actually seem to give a fuck, where as Sony has a 'blow it out your ass' mentallity.

J

Also, I have discovered my Photography I class is based in 35mm where their advisor as well as one person who 'had taken the class' both claimed it was in digital.

J

You have to pay for Xbox Live, I would hope they don't have as many issues as the free Playstation network. 

that being said, Playstation all the way. How's that HD DVD working for ya?

20F and I just ride 5 miles for a burrito. The 5 home is what has me worrying as I am sweating like a hog. Just wearing rights a shirt and a thin polar fleece jacket

20F and I just ride 5 miles for a burrito. The 5 home is what has me worrying as I am sweating like a hog. Just wearing rights a shirt and a thin polar fleece jacket

Work that burrito out of ya!

The meat sweats can be a bitch when you have to be active.

If it gets any colder my balls will need a vapor barrier, lol

I'm so angry. I need some cheep ear buds.

Cheep and me never go well. Cheep and audio even less.

I cannot responsibly spend $$$ on some good in ears. Do I put off some bills and get a great pair and spend less overall, or buy some meh earbuds, keep chipping at my bills hard and spend more in the long run?

And yes that is what I use. Not saying they sound great, but they sound fine. Pretty much my airplane solution. Doesn't suck they work as hands free at the same time. I think they were $4 when I bought them. As long as they fit tight in the ear they are really acceptable.

Yep, me too.  I needed something while I shopped and bought those.  I've never replaced them, lol.  Hardest thing for me is fit in my monster sized ears and they aren't great for that but if I push them in they work.  If I spent anymore it'd be for custom ear inserts.

Grab some Sennhiesers for $30-40. They make solid buds for the $.

Speaking of cheap audio...

smDSCN3410_zps2vbvyx9v.jpg

So beautimus.

How big are the tubes? The 6550s are pretty fucking big. My hand is a shade bigger than average. By average, I am 6'1". I have some KT88 NOS Tung Sols on the way for the power tubes.

smDSCN3409_zps4jmvsiwc.jpg

Yeah, I know... my jogging pants and shirt are on the bed.

smDSCN3408_zpstbdrh8ic.jpg

OK, we care about lit tubes, not bed shots. Please keep in mind I am running this temporarily. I have it on right now with no music trying to burn in the NOS Mullard tubes I put in the pre-amp side of it. The front 4 small tubes have been changed since all these pics. I just set my bias with the tubes in it, and gave it it's first spin with them in it.

smDSCN3411_zpsyz6vfhhs.jpg

And the analog rig as it sits now...
smDSCN3412_zpsagh5jqmk.jpg

Sounds beautiful The stage is so expansive and the image has so much air. The tubes in it have a little shimmer, but the Mullards should tame it. Midrange is ridiculous, and upper end extension is superb. The JJs are known to be a little bright, so I expected the extension and shimmer. The Tung Sol 6550s are also a tad on the bright side, and I expect them to really be a kick ass compliment to the slightly dark nature of the Mullards. I am going to beat it up for several days and will offer more insight.