Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Helga is back home.

I didn't even know how much I missed her.

Some shmuck got mud on the inside door ignition button and shifter thingy.

Kinda pissed about that.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

C'mon Bengals

Watching the stats for that game while watching some real men play hockey. Holy hell does it look like a boring game.

Couldn't agree more on the go tigers part of the comment though.

Pacman, holy hell.

I just went from wanting the Bengals to win to rooting for the Steelers. This is ridiculous

Milk Kefir was started just from a powder (was a free sample)

After 14 hours it really just tasted like a better milk. I enjoyed it, but it wasn't anything like Kefir in the store as there was no tang. Probably would be more like it if I let it go to 24 hours, which is the max they say to do it.

As for the Water Kefir. The plan was to pull it out tomorrow after church, cap it and let it sit another 24 hours to get some fizz going. However, the wife turned on the oven, where I was storing it so it got pretty warm and probably ruined the kefir grains...

I was reading how they used to make kefir. apparently they hung the fermenting kefir in a bladder by the door. When anyone came into the house/room they would punch the bladder to keep in stirred up... Amusing.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

With the Mullards in.

smDSCN3416_zpsf1vbizid.jpg

smDSCN3414_zpsskqblw8n.jpg

smDSCN3419_zpsuikr0gzc.jpg

sweet tubes. Im planning buy a new pair of can this year, probably some hd600s. haven't decided on the amp yet. maybe build a bottlehead crack. 

Love the HD600s. I absolutely suggest them if you are not looking for planars.

Lots of tube options for cans now. If you want to DIY, the Crack with Speedball is about as good as it gets. If you want point to point (no boards) high end, beautiful classic tube look, Look into the Woo Audio amps. The WA3 is an OTL design that is said to be the perfect match to the HD600s. The OTL is only a high impedance driver topology. For something you can use on high and low load cans, the WA6 fits the bill. Of course, it is easy to drop $200 on a damn fine Chinese tube amp (seriously, they are really building some really kick ass tubes) that only require about a $75 tube upgrade to sound top notch.

I have been spending a ton of time researching analog, and tubes have always been an obsession of mine. The fact that the Chinese are doing a killer job with their tubes may seem odd, but they really have cornered the market. Companies like Yaqin are dropping amps that are really getting great reviews. No, they are not MacIntosh, but they are 10% of the cost for twice the power. Tube upgrades (the Chinese tubes pretty much suck) make them really decent units.

I was reading how they used to make kefir. apparently they hung the fermenting kefir in a bladder by the door. When anyone came into the house/room they would punch the bladder to keep in stirred up... Amusing.

That's awesome.

Time to freeze some hawk feathers in the Great White Frozen North. Post game I'm going for a bike ride.

Packers-Vikings divisional would be interesting

Panthers-Patriots rematch, maybe?

The amount of bullshit that was in beond belief. That can only happen to the Vikings or the Lions I suppose.

The amount of bullshit that was in beond belief. That can only happen to the Vikings or the Lions I suppose.

Uhhh, don't forget the Bills...

Fair enough. Losing 4 in a row is quite the feat.

With the Mullards in.

sweet tubes. Im planning buy a new pair of can this year, probably some hd600s. haven't decided on the amp yet. maybe build a bottlehead crack. 

Love the HD600s. I absolutely suggest them if you are not looking for planars.

Lots of tube options for cans now. If you want to DIY, the Crack with Speedball is about as good as it gets. If you want point to point (no boards) high end, beautiful classic tube look, Look into the Woo Audio amps. The WA3 is an OTL design that is said to be the perfect match to the HD600s. The OTL is only a high impedance driver topology. For something you can use on high and low load cans, the WA6 fits the bill. Of course, it is easy to drop $200 on a damn fine Chinese tube amp (seriously, they are really building some really kick ass tubes) that only require about a $75 tube upgrade to sound top notch.

I have been spending a ton of time researching analog, and tubes have always been an obsession of mine. The fact that the Chinese are doing a killer job with their tubes may seem odd, but they really have cornered the market. Companies like Yaqin are dropping amps that are really getting great reviews. No, they are not MacIntosh, but they are 10% of the cost for twice the power. Tube upgrades (the Chinese tubes pretty much suck) make them really decent units.

Thanks for the suggestions, I really enjoy building my own so a kit like the bottlehead crack is more up my alley.