Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Had one of those days today, where I should've stayed in bed.

Woke up 5 minutes after I was supposed to be at work. Apparently the software on my phone decided sound was unimportant, so my alarm didn't sound.

After work, I went to get my boys from after school program, got them out the door, and realized, their car seats weren't in the vehicle, due to having used my dad's car the last 2 days for a trip.

Just great.

Picked up an nVidia Shield Android TV cause it looked snazzy. Can't get it to access Netflix, and the HDMI handshaking is a fucking joke. How the hell this product got out of the beta testing stage is beyond me. Back to Amazon you go.

Oddly, I bought it partly because HOLY SHIT THERE'S A POWER BUTTON ON THE FUCKING REMOTE.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Well, got an LG v10.

Got one for my old lady last weekend. I grabbed an M9. The V10 is too big for my tastes, but she is used to having my big thing in her hands so... It's fast as fuck though. The power and volume buttons are odd to me. We went in with her talking about wanting just a basic phone to her walking out with the highest tech smartphone she could get. Oh well, for the first time ever she is actually using the smart portion of her smart phone. She is the most technologically challenged person I have ever met... and that is frustrating as fuck to me.

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 323

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 326

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 327

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php:1) in /home/soundsol/public_html/forum/ips_kernel/classAjax.php on line 328

Why not just grab a Roku? Honestly, since buying my new TV I don't even use Roku anymore. Smart Hub does everything I need.

Well, got an LG v10.

Got one for my old lady last weekend. I grabbed an M9. The V10 is too big for my tastes, but she is used to having my big thing in her hands so... It's fast as fuck though. The power and volume buttons are odd to me. We went in with her talking about wanting just a basic phone to her walking out with the highest tech smartphone she could get. Oh well, for the first time ever she is actually using the smart portion of her smart phone. She is the most technologically challenged person I have ever met... and that is frustrating as fuck to me.

It is a cunt hair too big. Only because it won't fit in my cup holder.

:D

The first thing I noticed is how much better music sounds. It's as good as the HTC offerings and that's the highest compliment I can give a cell phone.

I cannot wait to use some ok headphones with them.

Even the Bluetooth audio has better detail to it. I feel like the noise floor was significantly lowered in BT too and not just better DACs

It is faster than the G4. Much faster.

I think once I play some more with the new features I will like it even more. I don't even have all my emails set up yet. Really bad timing on the phone shutting down.

Motherfucking fridge compressor blew up today.  I don't feel like spending $1500 on a damn fridge.

:woot:  11" of ice on the bay so, we ride!

20160116_100124_zpsn6medddu.jpg

20160116_102552_zpsm1xiqeqg.jpg

Motherfucking fridge compressor blew up today. I don't feel like spending $1500 on a damn fridge.

That sucks. Completely unfixable?

It can be fixed,but why put $600 into a 15-year-old fridge?  Unfortunately, they're not manufactured like HVAC systems.  When they build them,the system's sealed at the factory.  you can put a new compressor in and solder in service ports,but it's just not cost-effective.

Why not just grab a Roku? Honestly, since buying my new TV I don't even use Roku anymore. Smart Hub does everything I need.

The Matricom uses Android TV so I can directly access shared network files without using clunky media server software like Plex. Google Play is also vastly superior to Roku Channel Store. Hardware is vastly superior as well. Oh, and because HOLY SHIT THERE'S A POWER BUTTON ON THE FUCKING REMOTE.

Anyone have a Samsung fridge?

No...but like everything I am scared of new models of anything.

It can be fixed,but why put $600 into a 15-year-old fridge? Unfortunately, they're not manufactured like HVAC systems. When they build them,the system's sealed at the factory. you can put a new compressor in and solder in service ports,but it's just not cost-effective.

Thanks for the info! I didn't know.

You heard her, guys; get to it!

Why stop at just one fridge?