Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I apologize.

12 hours ago, sandt38 said:

I rode in the loaded Outback. I just don't care for bells and whistles. Sure, there is a lot of cool shit, but am I going to die if I don't get it loaded? I fix broke cars for a living. If people really knew how fucking much shit was when it broke they would likely be looking for a horse and buggy. I had a Lexus in a few months ago... push button start failure. It needed the remote module. $1400 our cost! Sorry, I'll turn a fucking key for that money. Subaru simplicity is good for me. I don't want, or need, anything fancy or special at all... except for heated seats... I do have to have a warm ass.

Too many goodies scare me. I want to get from point A to point B. I don't fuckin care how I look or how fancy my car is that gets me there.

AWD is a requirement where I live. FWD and RWD will not get out. I have both. Bear in mind, I grew up and learned to drive in Buffalo snow. It isn't an inability to drive in the snow... it is an inability to get out of my fucking driveway.

This is why both of my cars are older than my son. ;)

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Helps to hit paste...

That's nuts.  I don't plan do drag race my car.  I like turns. ;)

12 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I am not implying worse than yours, just real shitty.  Hell in the summer I am not sure Matt even wanted to ride his motorcycle up it.

I just assumed I was going to have to jump it.

I wast text a picture of my buddies newest gun, this guy is crazy and fun to shoot with. Barrett m82a1!

If I get to go to the gun shoot this year, I will be taking lots of pictures.

12 minutes ago, nem said:

I wast text a picture of my buddies newest gun, this guy is crazy and fun to shoot with. Barrett m82a1!

Heck of a pea shooter.

Me likey!

12 minutes ago, nem said:

If I get to go to the gun shoot this year, I will be taking lots of pictures.

I need to go to a fun shoot!

These guys are rather crazy and have pretty much everything you can legally have with a class III and FFL. 

4 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I apologize.

Ha, no apology necessary.  I know I am thick headed, but didn't think you thought I was stupid. :P  Hard to blame a front end when it isn't on the ground, lol.

Speaking of not being on the ground.

http://www.boostaddict.com/content.php?6531-Before-and-After-Cadillac-ATS-V-LF4-ECU-tune-dyno-results-from-New-Era-Performance-87-whp-gainsI

ATS-V, just a tune yields 518hp & 527lb-ft AT THE REAR WHEELS!

If my kids can sit in that BEHIND me I may end up with two Cadillacs in my garage.

3 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Speaking of not being on the ground.

http://www.boostaddict.com/content.php?6531-Before-and-After-Cadillac-ATS-V-LF4-ECU-tune-dyno-results-from-New-Era-Performance-87-whp-gainsI

ATS-V, just a tune yields 518hp & 527lb-ft AT THE REAR WHEELS!

If my kids can sit in that BEHIND me I may end up with two Cadillacs in my garage.

That's just nasty amazing.

Love it.

Probably why they didn't TT the V8 in the CTS-V.  Tuners would go buck wild with it.  Don't get me wrong I love superchargers, but if I were buying a car with FI from the factory with today's computers Turbo's ftmfw.

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

I just assumed I was going to have to jump it.

You pussed out mr kinevil

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

You pussed out mr kinevil

I didn't want to ruin the boat ride!

ahhh, thanks schnookums

Hustling big time! I got almost all the ceiling stripped, just the hallway left, mudded and sanded stripped ceilings and all walls got the ceiling in the living room and dining room primed and all walls in the living room painted and trimmed out.

I will install the new floor grates, switch plates and outlet plates (holy shit I spent a lot on that shit!) finish the ceiling paint in the living and dining rooms, and prime out the kitchen ceiling tomorrow, just in time for furniture delivery Thursday at lunch. I can deal with the crown moulding a bit later. It will be easy, unlike paint, mud, sanding, etc. to do while the furniture is in place.

I will finish the kitchen ceiling and walls this weekend. I am contemplating ordering new cabinets this weekend too. I have ordered a black walnut butcher block top (1.75" thick) for my bar (it sets between the kitchen area and living room, open concept), which I generally use for food prep. Should be here within the next few weeks. If I do cabinets I will have to get granite cut for the sink side of the kitchen, so I may wait on the cabinets for the time being.

You just made me feel lazy.

As I was coming in from the garage to finally declare victory on blue tooth handsfree for my car.  Windows is not a great front end for a phone.

Of course I need the USB hub that is in the mail to have everything working and another USB extension cord, lol.

Current Status for the Carpc Frontend

Plays my full CD collection :) , AM/FM including all HD, Internet Music, Bluetooth Streaming all from a Burr Brown through a live updatebly miniDSP through a set of Seas G18s in the door, Scan D2904 in the pillars.  Bluetooth phone over the stereo (can dial numbers and lookup my full phonebook as well).

Car Shit: backup camera, runs HP Tuners (although I find it WAY easier on my normal laptop), Full OBD displays and gauges (have a wideband AFR I hid in the stock clock), GPS running Garmin software, or Google Maps.  If I pop out of the front end I can use Waze as well running on Andyroid, link is in the front end.  Steering wheel controls and voice activated commands also work/can be programmed to do about anything.  I can't use it to call out of my phonebook YET.  

I need to make some baffles for the tweeters, run the wire for the mic and then finish the layout I want for how it should look.  Still using a derivation of what I was before.  Had to be dumb downed since my wimpy in dash monitor should not be used in sunlight.  I knew that buying it, but wanted a capacitive display more and even resistive there are crappy sources.  I really just need someone to hack a mouse and HDMI driver for the last gen Ipad 9.7" screen and then I'll be super set.  

I programmed an Short/Long press  Alt+Tab/Scroll thru open and Windows/Close Program button on the steering wheel.  Love that.

Wireless mouse in the armrest (works on it pretty well) and wired keyboard in the glovebox.

Aaron, you need to buy a car this weekend? :lol:

There are wires and shit EVERYwhere.  USB sucks compared to point to point wiring.  I'd much rather have to solder all 4 connections on both ends than run a USB cable.