Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 4/16/2016 at 10:25 PM, Penguin4x4 said:

Let's Go Terps!!!!!!! !

On top of croup (which is slowly going away) and left meniscus is pucking swollen bad; I might have a slightly cracked rib.  Needless to say, I couldn't play soccer last night.  So I forced to watch my team take a loss to an erratic and disorganized team that is awfully full of themselves.

When a top 5 defender in the league is not on the field the entire game, it is a gaping hole.  Part of that is my fault, it's my team and I built it very striker and midfielder heavy.  I am able to shut down a 1/4 of the field, and have a lot of breaks developing from the back of the defense.  But when guys are out of their natural position, the goalie is getting hammered and guys are getting gassed faster.

Real time history.

Matt - Thought about the Alclairs?  Being they are local I am somewhat biased.  Thought about calling them this week as I have a new found need for CIEM's.  I am going to race the Tour de Tonka this year and need to get in shape.

...that and of course use on the plane. :P

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Matt - Thought about the Alclairs?  Being they are local I am somewhat biased.  Thought about calling them this week as I have a new found need for CIEM's.  I am going to race the Tour de Tonka this year and need to get in shape.

They are on my radar now....  Aside from local what has you interested?

Westone really has me interested because of the dual material and their ongoing work in the hearing aid world. I'm assuming they know what they are doing?

Exclusively due to the fact I can walk in and listen to a few different things and get fitted.  ie, local.  

Didn't hurt that out of the sub $400 ones they had the highest score on the headphone list.  Figure between that and local it would be logical to check out.  They also recommend their $250 for guitar/bass players which is more in the range I'd prefer to top out my expense at.  After all, the source will be my phone/laptop so having anything too stellar will quickly reach the law of diminishing returns...if these aren't already way beyond that.

I really like your logic. Maybe I'll swing out and see then also.

For the universal IEM category, anything under $300 was really underwhelming.

Should I leak some production photos of the SSA Evil6.5?

Really liking the Cooper Firearms Montana Varminters...

http://cooperfirearms.com/montana-varminter

CooperFirearmsTheMontanaVarminter808.jpg

Loving the Nightforce glass too. I think I want to grab one of these in 6.5-284 for next season. Love the big beavertail, the vents look cool too, plus it is relatively light, at under 8 pounds.

I was looking at the Kimber rifles, but I am limited in my caliber choices. I really wanted to get into 6.5mm but the only offering in 6.5 was the Creedmore. Not enough ass for my taste. So if I go with the Kimber L84 I will be stuck with a 7mm Rem Mag or a M84 giving me a .300 WSM. I want something different.

Ze Kimber...

Kimber_84M_308W_09.jpg

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

I really like your logic. Maybe I'll swing out and see then also.

For the universal IEM category, anything under $300 was really underwhelming.

The Shure/Etymotic format are interchangeable which is the other choice.  Start with some SE215 and be able to upgrade.  Other than that, fit is king and sampling anything is better than nothing.  Good rating from someone who could have been paid off on his website, but whatever...at least in that case I can listen to them.

S/E I would imagine to both be good options as I've done work with both companies and they are definitely monitor first and I'll take accuracy in IE for sure. :)

Westone I haven't interfaced with in about 10 years, but have been in the building.  Bummer for me is I already have some Starkey plugs which I could also use if I shop around, but I like having two sets of dedicated hearing protection as well. 

2 hours ago, denim said:

Should I leak some production photos of the SSA Evil6.5?

Yes

I would also like to avoid pulling a Seth on these.  They will always be used in a shitty environment and not a listening space so there really is no point.  It is really hard for me to do that though...

:woot: tied up.  Finally not looking sleepy too.

Have to sweep home, not lose it down 2-0 in the series.

Westone's website sucks.  Did you mean dual material to have a more solid tube and a softer interface to the ear?  I do prefer my softer plugs for sleeping and use the hard ones just in the yard or with power tools.

My research btw is about 15 minutes long...

All hell's broken loose in Houston. Once in a century levels of flooding, thousands of high water rescues, millions in property damages. Fuckin' A.

54 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I would also like to avoid pulling a Seth on these.  They will always be used in a shitty environment and not a listening space so there really is no point.  It is really hard for me to do that though...

With 25 DB of attenuation everywhere is a good listening space...

56 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

The Shure/Etymotic format are interchangeable which is the other choice.  Start with some SE215 and be able to upgrade.  Other than that, fit is king and sampling anything is better than nothing.  Good rating from someone who could have been paid off on his website, but whatever...at least in that case I can listen to them.

S/E I would imagine to both be good options as I've done work with both companies and they are definitely monitor first and I'll take accuracy in IE for sure. :)

Westone I haven't interfaced with in about 10 years, but have been in the building.  Bummer for me is I already have some Starkey plugs which I could also use if I shop around, but I like having two sets of dedicated hearing protection as well. 

I have had both sure and etomics.

Sure was worse until I got into the >$400 range.  My Ultimate ear rebadge buds were better and less $$$.  Detailed to the point of being upset with poor production.

I would take the $60 etomics(not sure the real price as I got then on a closeout deal) over the rest until I got $399 for my sures and then later the other UE knock offs.

51 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Westone's website sucks.  Did you mean dual material to have a more solid tube and a softer interface to the ear?  I do prefer my softer plugs for sleeping and use the hard ones just in the yard or with power tools.

The use a softer compound for the canal so it flexes as you move or chew.  That is what makes me so absolutely interested. In going to use them while moving around 99.999999999999999999% of the time so if it stays in and is more comfy, I'll be a lot happier.

My confidence is also boosted as they make hearing devices for all day every day use. I feel like they will really know how to make a comfortable IEM.... For instances like.... Ohhhhhh... Pedalling for a bunch of hours perhaps.

:D