Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

20 hours ago, dem beats said:

HTC has almost always made the best finished package for a phone.  They know how to make a device that is thoughtful.

I do like my LG V10 and my LG G4 more however. I'm a super mega ultra user.  I make my phones die.  

The LG products have the best camera. Its Real. They are amazing. IPhones are next. After that I don't care so I can't tell you.  The V10 and my G4 are premium in feel and finish. HTC is still much classier.

The LG phones have features I like a lot.  The "second screen" on my V10 and the fingerprint reader are stupendous.  The fingerprint reader doesn't always work but it probably will save hours from my life by not having to draw or type a password 95% of the time.  It makes the Apple version look like failed tech.

If you just want a phone that works, but isn't BLEEDING edge get aHTC as they are just really well put together software and hardware.

If you are a hardcore user, let me know what you want and I'll recommend something.

LG has an edge on the Moto X Pure for camera with it's f1.8, raw mdoe and image stabilization. The image stabilization will be what I miss most. The Pure has 21MP to LGs 16MP but we all know that means nothing. DXOMark reviews gave the G4 an 86 and the Moto X an 83 in the photo deparment

Processor, battery and resolution they are exactly the same so I expect very similar performance. Both have SD support large enough for my needs.

The build quality of the Pure is better in my opinion

Good to go for the garage. May 4th is when Armada Building is coming for a site visit! Getting super excited!

SSA and SSA Racing will soon have a Central PA location!

Spent my last two days off repairing a deck. I used Behr deck over 3 years ago and it rotted the screws and wood. Never again only stain and sealer.

11 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Been staying with Verizon due to coverage.

What coverage? All I heard is how great they are. All I hear now is "What did you say? You're breaking up badly."

I hate to say it, but I miss AT&T.

9 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I switched to Verizon and can't hear anyone now.

Yep. Me too.

6 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I find the coverage maps to be really useful.

TMo is best value in metro

Verizon has the best BFE coverage

ATT has great overall coverage. Better hi speed in rural areas

Sprint... I have no clue. Hit or miss

Verizon has shit BFE coverage. Hell, they have shit everywhere coverage. Trust me.

55 minutes ago, nem said:

Good to go for the garage. May 4th is when Armada Building is coming for a site visit! Getting super excited!

Congrats, bud! Sounds super awesome.

54 minutes ago, nem said:

Spent my last two days off repairing a deck. I used Behr deck over 3 years ago and it rotted the screws and wood. Never again only stain and sealer.

I've heard nightmare stories about that deck over. From wood rot to huge chunks flaking off and looking like shit and leaving it scattered all over your yard like snow. I was going to use some last year, but decided I will just redo my deck next summer when I re-line the pool and go salt water with it. My deck is pretty big (46X16) so I am dreading it...

1 minute ago, sandt38 said:

Congrats, bud! Sounds super awesome.

Thanks Seth, I am using a little equity to build it. I need some tax deductions to help me out for my income.

Once it is built, I may have to get a sweet Snappy box for all my tools.

When you have a fair amount of equity they sure do try and get you to use it up. My payoff was right around 17k and my house is worth 120k the way it currently is. I only wanted enough to cover my building, pad, and electrical and stuck to my guns.

1 minute ago, nem said:

When you have a fair amount of equity they sure do try and get you to use it up. My payoff was right around 17k and my house is worth 120k the way it currently is. I only wanted enough to cover my building, pad, and electrical and stuck to my guns.

Irony. How hard we work to get the home loan, and how easily they snag from our equity to try to keep us buried in it....

23 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

What coverage? All I heard is how great they are. All I hear now is "What did you say? You're breaking up badly."

I hate to say it, but I miss AT&T.

Nationwide coverage I guess.  I don't drop any calls.  But then again, I am almost always around the city.

51 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

Irony. How hard we work to get the home loan, and how easily they snag from our equity to try to keep us buried in it....

I only took 25k and they sure did put up a fight telling me I should do more. No thanks, I want to pay this baby off before I turn 50.

1 hour ago, sandt38 said:

Verizon has shit BFE coverage. Hell, they have shit everywhere coverage. Trust me.

As a non-Verizon customer it is way better for phone calls in the Midwest.

AT&T has been rock solid for me. A handful of areas with EDGE only here in Texas, but call quality is unaffected.

LET THE BODIES HIT THE FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR

On April 23, 2016 at 1:53 PM, ///M5 said:

$300 isn't much, in Canon you go from Consumer to L glass so it is more like $1000 more.  If it is that close in Nikon I'd look for reviews and see if one focuses better or does something and then evaluate the subjects you shoot.

No it's not a ton of cash, but having the on barrel aperture ring versus the seclector wheel on the body is not so,ething I like. Plus thats a 300 dollar difference used and on ebay.

On April 25, 2016 at 7:51 PM, dem beats said:

If it's less than the 50mm maybe. 

Isn't J using a crop sensor though?  Could be useful.

My good friend shoots shows for a living she uses a 7D and a 70-200 is.  She would like to have more zoom if possible actually.

Also as for the 135 f/2

http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/135mm-f2-dc.htm

No crop sensor. My D750 is full frame, however it does have the option to shoot with a crop sensor. I honestly hate choosing that option as it does not crop dead on in the middle. 

J

14 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Been staying with Verizon due to coverage.

I would second guess that.  My experience lately (1/2 co on t-mobile and 1/2 verizon) is that in rural areas verizon is better, but outside of that WAY worse.  Add to that on the 30 lines I approve switching 15 of them to tmobile saved us over $20,000 this year I would be really wary of verizon.

17 hours ago, sandt38 said:

Interesting. I never even considered T-Mobile. Moving from AT&T to Verizon has proven to be a horrible mistake. I'll have to look into them.

Free wifi calls ftmfw

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

As a non-Verizon customer it is way better for phone calls in the Midwest.

The problem with Verizon is that it sucks EVERYWHERE.  Voice quality that is akin to a 56k mp3 and internet speeds that make me want wifi.  Fuck that.  Add to that BY FAR the worst customer service of ANY company I have EVER interacted with I will vehemently oppose doing business with them any way I can.  Don't get me wrong T-mobile service coverage SUCKS, but amusingly where t-mobile has no service you can't call from Verizon anyways because even with 3 bars you can't be understood at all.

Coverage maps and cell phones are worse than 1990 car amplifier testing.