Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I prefer to come in her can

4 hours ago, ///M5 said:

What early build issues?  Mine is still under warranty, but was delivered 5 days before it was released so it is definitely an early build...

Want to make sure that doesn't bite me.

There is some issue with a main board connector or something that causes a bootloop that you may or not be able to save your old data.

Some say that if it hasn't happened it probably won't. Others say it's a matter of time.

It was a problem with the 505-509 serials (May 15 to Sep 15)

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Some say that if it hasn't happened it probably won't. Others say it's a matter of time.

Sounds like the head gasket problem on Northstar engines.  

3 hours ago, MKader17 said:

There is some issue with a main board connector or something that causes a bootloop that you may or not be able to save your old data.

It was a problem with the 505-509 serials (May 15 to Sep 15)

Hmm, mine is an early 505..... :Doh:

I was told those were the worst offenders :)

I do assume you had nothing to worry about, but I can say that I wasn't going to buy a 505

8 hours ago, ///M5 said:

ie, you haven't actually compared to a service that gives you both speed and quality.  My wife has an HTC M9 and even my old Nexus 4 KILLED it in voice quality and internet speed.  My G4 now embarrasses it.  Definitely the network.  

As for the drive you just described I would also be the T-mobile coverage would be better....only because you were traversing (ie using big roads).  The ONLY weakness of T-mobile is where the population thins and the roads no longer point to a big city the coverage gets worse.  They are rapidly adding towers though while Verizon is reducing.

Ex wife did a chunk of those trips with me and had T-Mobile. A good bit of the FL trips have been with my brother and his wife (who had Metro PCS until a year ago) . I have yet to go ANYWHERE and not have service while others have it.

J

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Anchovies don't come in a can....at least not in my house.

Maybe I'm thinking sardines? Or some other such Mediterranean fish that comes in a can.

What better way to celebrate a birthday than with a new 12 gauge and a bottle of 120 proof

Edited by Penguin4x4

1 hour ago, Godsmack said:

Ex wife did a chunk of those trips with me and had T-Mobile. A good bit of the FL trips have been with my brother and his wife (who had Metro PCS until a year ago) . I have yet to go ANYWHERE and not have service while others have it.

J

Having coverage and being able to have a conversation are two different things on Verizon.

50 minutes ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Maybe I'm thinking sardines? Or some other such Mediterranean fish that comes in a can.

I will not eat ANY meat in a can.

1 hour ago, Penguin4x4 said:

What better way to celebrate a birthday than with a new 12 gauge and a bottle of 120 proof

Steak. The answer is steak.

Edited by Penguin4x4

Someone feed the monkey while I dig in search of China

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

I prefer to come in her can

LOL...

5 hours ago, topgun said:

Sounds like the head gasket problem on Northstar engines.  

They are all blown...

Planning on buying a new DSLR. 24.2MP 6000X4000Px images. Burst speed of 5 images/sec. Media compatibility of SD, SDHC, SDXC. I'm leaving names and models out of it. If you need more info, I will provide it. I have it narrowed down to 2.

What card, and why? Name brand, model, size, etc.

I use an el generic 10x 64gb microsd in a cheap sd converter with my camera.  20mp and 7frame/sec.  It keeps up for 10 or shots which is always adequate.

If you aren't buying a bunch of glass, don't forget to look at the 4:3 cameras

So I've been thinking about trying around in freestyle biking again.  There's a park a mile away from me and it looks like a blast.  When I rode back in the 90s, I had a couple GT Pro Performers, and a Redline that I dabbled with BMX with for a while.  So today I research GT, Haro, Redline, and Mongoose.   Now I know it's difficult to judge from a screen, and I may be nostalgic, but damn these bikes look cheap as fuck! . .  And they now sell Mongoose at Walmart?!

Mongoose was sold a LONG time ago.  Buy something you know from the past.

I used to race...been thinking about a retro bike for the boys :)

Yeah, Gavin no longer fits his, and his Birthday is next week, so I figured we could have some real fun together and I miss the tricks.

33 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I use an el generic 10x 64gb microsd in a cheap sd converter with my camera.  20mp and 7frame/sec.  It keeps up for 10 or shots which is always adequate.

If you aren't buying a bunch of glass, don't forget to look at the 4:3 cameras

I am going to grab 2 lenses to start, so I can dabble and learn from them. Keeping average F stops so I can play with Bokeh and more detailed backgrounds. After I figure out what I like and how I will be shooting, I plan on grabbing more glass.

Not looking at uber high end at this point, just trying to see if I want to continue with the hobby.

4/3 lenses have killer fstops for the price...and that makes bokeh easy.

Just test the focus speed.  I think that is about the last frontier for the little guys.  I am also really used to a viewfinder, but most people seem to prefer not.

6 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

So I've been thinking about trying around in freestyle biking again.  There's a park a mile away from me and it looks like a blast.  When I rode back in the 90s, I had a couple GT Pro Performers, and a Redline that I dabbled with BMX with for a while.  So today I research GT, Haro, Redline, and Mongoose.   Now I know it's difficult to judge from a screen, and I may be nostalgic, but damn these bikes look cheap as fuck! . .  And they now sell Mongoose at Walmart?!

I used to ride in the 80s. All we really had were Mongoose and GT. Haro came around in the mid-late 80s, and Redline had their Pros, but I never really rode one as nobody had one... then there was Huffy... hehehe...

Goosenecks were a big new thing. I had a $400 Mongoose in ~81. I was the badass on the block. I bought my youngest a Mongoose about 10 years ago. That is NOT the same bike. Everything about it was super cheap. Mongoose is an embarrassment now. My son never really got much into it, so I can't say much about the scene now.

I can't say much about GT, Haro or Redline. But honestly, I think BMX is dead.