Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

2 minutes ago, Julian said:

Next time I come up to Minneapolis to visit my brother or stop through I'll be sure to let you know. 

You should.  Sucks we both hung out with strangers for an hour when we didny have too

Doors closed.  Travel safe.

Last time I was in an airport bar alone I met the guy who designed modern aircraft brakes.

Every time I drink at an airlift I meet cool people of drink alone and really question my choices in life.

Clean sheet W10 install; let's see what happens...

16 hours ago, nem said:

Looking good Adrian.

Thanks, yesterday I hung the front bumper temporarily. The hood needs some adjustments but it will be off for more paint in a hard to reach area. And I shot myself in the leg, the strut tower bar from the newer model is too tall. There are people claiming it will fit but the fine text says it fits with mods, ie cutting the hood support, which I won't do.

16 hours ago, nem said:

Those and the boxsters.

You mean the "I don't have money for a 911" models? Still, I'd drive the wheels off a Boxster. 

hello Amsterdam.  Coffee time lol.

I am not leaving the airport however on this lag

5 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Thanks, yesterday I hung the front bumper temporarily. The hood needs some adjustments but it will be off for more paint in a hard to reach area. And I shot myself in the leg, the strut tower bar from the newer model is too tall. There are people claiming it will fit but the fine text says it fits with mods, ie cutting the hood support, which I won't do.

You mean the "I don't have money for a 911" models? Still, I'd drive the wheels off a Boxster. 

Sounds like your only choice is to do an entirely new custom fabricated suspension.

:)

10 hours ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Clean sheet W10 install; let's see what happens...

Nope; back to Win7 it is

9 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

It is not a money problem, but rather justifying spending $35k on something that is just bought to look good in my garage and drive occasionally.  When I was pricing them previously they were around $20-$25k.

Woman fell off the edge of the Grand Canyon. :dammit:

6 minutes ago, topgun said:

Ban the grand canyon!

Can't we just ban extremely stupid women?

World population sure would decrease....

Newly elected president of the Philippines is freaking nuts

12 hours ago, nem said:

It is not a money problem, but rather justifying spending $35k on something that is just bought to look good in my garage and drive occasionally.  When I was pricing them previously they were around $20-$25k.

Well, my comment was directed as a Boxster joke.

20-25k to 35k is a big price jump to justify, agreed. 

17 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Sounds like your only choice is to do an entirely new custom fabricated suspension.

:)

Message unintelligible, sorry :P

IMG_20160712_192758137.jpg

Well, I drove it yesterday, no more lifter tick after a drive, seems like I will get away with an oil and filter change just as expected. I also installed new rubber, bye-bye 11 year old Toyo's. 

Getting the inspection done today then I can drive it legally. Still a few details to sort out but nothing that can keep me from driving :)

5 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

IMG_20160712_192758137.jpg

Well, I drove it yesterday, no more lifter tick after a drive, seems like I will get away with an oil and filter change just as expected. I also installed new rubber, bye-bye 11 year old Toyo's. 

Getting the inspection done today then I can drive it legally. Still a few details to sort out but nothing that can keep me from driving :)

Awesome!

Keeping up with the spam/hacker hits to the site is a daily thing now.  Lots of fun let me tell you.

34 minutes ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Keeping up with the spam/hacker hits to the site is a daily thing now.  Lots of fun let me tell you.

I have not seen any, you must be getting them before I can view?

Feeling like I need a little more than 3 hours today.