Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Jacking around, looking at cars in the sub 15K range with RWD and Manual Transmission.

List of Cars (in the Mid 2000's unless otherwise stated) 

4 door

• BMW 335i
  • BMW 545i
  • Audi A4 (AWD)

2 Door

• Mustang GT
  • 350Z
  • 90s Porche Boxster
  • Mercedez SLK350

39 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Sean made a comment about his history there.  I was curious if he was accused of touching a kid or something.

I would probably allign with libertarian.  I just haven't looked into Johnson much.

History problem is that he was a Republican Governor.  I think Trump is nutso enough that Conservatives could follow a economical conservative, but Hilary is stupid popular due to estrogen or some other ridiculousness such that I don't think the left nut will leave to vote for someone who used to be right.

26 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Jacking around, looking at cars in the sub 15K range with RWD and Manual Transmission.

List of Cars (in the Mid 2000's unless otherwise stated) 

4 door

• BMW 335i  - Yes
  • BMW 545i  - No, you'll get raped on maintenance
  • Audi A4 (AWD) - Maybe, haven't paid attention to the upkeep some year Audi's are fine

2 Door

• Mustang GT - Yes
  • 350Z - Infiniti version has a backseat and doesn't look as ricey
  • 90s Porche Boxster - Super big POS, drive one and laugh.  Worst driving car on your list
  • Mercedez SLK350 - Ha, are you a gluten for punishment?

Commented in the post

Curious why you left off:

Corvette

BMW 135

BMW Z4

BMW M3

Honda S2000

The 4 door G37 comes in manual and RWD too

I did a RWD Manual, 100 mi radius under 15K and picked what popped up.

That being said, I did see a vette. Not sure what about them would make me not choose one. I love me some Chevy so the choice would seem obvious. Didn't see any 135's, Z4's I saw were all convertible, saw no M3's and a S2000 was on my mind.

Funny thing is, I loved the look of that era mustang until the newest one came out. The newest one looks like a damn super car.

Some of the 335's had the twin turbo. Is that the engine you have Matt?

Nvm, IIRC, yours is V8

Have I asked if anyone has opinions on some SUV tires. The wife's car needs new shoes. 235/55R19

The Continental cross contact that comes stock seems a little loud.

Also wondering if I should change width or anything. Probably won't because more width will be more grip but less mpg. And a different height will require a computer cal

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Some of the 335's had the twin turbo. Is that the engine you have Matt?

Nvm, IIRC, yours is V8

The first version of either the i6 with turbo, or the reverse flow TTv8 both have major flaws.

Make sure you don't get either. Unless it's full CPO. In fact I think the v8 Might barely be flushed out now on round 3.  But it's such an engine.  Just a little miracle worker.

The current i6 TT seems ok actually.  I would do some more research, but if I could have my pick, the E46 m3 in Laguna Seca blue would be what I looked for.

The high revving v8 M3 is nice too, but you could get the v10 M5 for the same coin and that car is so special.  Its just luscious.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

The first version of either the i6 with turbo, or the reverse flow TTv8 both have major flaws.

Make sure you don't get either. Unless it's full CPO. In fact I think the v8 Might barely be flushed out now on round 3.  But it's such an engine.  Just a little miracle worker.

What flaws on the I6 turbo/TT?  When I was shopping for one, I did about a year of research and could not find any issues aside from the newer blocks (2011+) being slightly weaker.

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

What flaws on the I6 turbo/TT?  When I was shopping for one, I did about a year of research and could not find any issues aside from the newer blocks (2011+) being slightly weaker.

I'm pretty sure that most of it has to do with getting the oil where it's needed. Pump, and sprayers and maybe even the ductwork for the scavenging....

The service rep at my dealership mentioned the NA i6 is bombproof.  The first turbo had some issues but it was fixed almost imediately.  So it was the first 335 with the turbo when the M3 briefly had the high revving V8.

The E46 M3 or the 92 with the V8 are the M3s you want.

I'm sure Sean and Aaron will talk about the previous ones as being bomb proof and a hoot but they don't depreciate and are gaining value.

I have been told I am making every excuse to be in my garage. 

I say too bad.

I did clean the carpet in my 4 runner today. Surprised  how dirty it was.

My son and I had some drinks in the garage tonight. Now I just need to get a pub style table.

All processed and cooling.  Ready fornthe freezer

I love green beans and corn on the cob!

Hey I grew up on a farm.

Get home from a week of travel and the AC is out.... Yay.

Narrowed it down to the compressor starting. Tried pulling the starter cap off the other AC machine (they are the same) but no dice. There is another cap as well but I have no replacement. The contactor does work though.

Can't wait to drop another G on this place before I sell it