Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On 8/5/2016 at 10:18 PM, dem beats said:

Adrian!!!! So awesome sauce.

On 8/5/2016 at 10:24 PM, dem beats said:

Sean... I'll try to find the link but I saw a San disk 256 or whatever for like 30 bucks on sleezebay.

Costco had them at one point too.

But I agree.  If it's just car music just get a cheep one. 

I don't know about SanDisk, the 64GB SD card I got off ebay was a dud. 

On 8/5/2016 at 5:57 AM, Adrian_D said:

Some pictures from the Jeep trip this weekend

We climbed up to a 6000 ft summit, did almost 150 miles of off-roading in the first day, saw some 2000-odd year old fortifications, did some more technical tracks on the third, and finally visited a medieval castle on the fourth day. 

13667865_10208615311878158_8411313602727

13653372_10208615307878058_4029989384803

13653090_1094388737304366_68387371130325

13662262_1041082632608275_10662688484479

13640873_1094390930637480_29548270218176

13613583_10208615370919634_5513143324713

This is the sacred area of an 2000 year old "city", before the Romans conquered what was then called Dacia and is now called Romania. Much of it, like the road in the first picture, is still buried because it's too expensive to dig it up and preserve everything. Treasure hunters also did a lot of damage. 

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1630.jpg

IMG_1640.jpg

WOW.  That looks pretty sweet.  Would love to do a trip like that.  Dacia, like the Dacia Sandero?

112053.gif

On 8/7/2016 at 9:05 AM, ///M5 said:

Curious why you left off:

Corvette

BMW 135

BMW Z4

BMW M3

Honda S2000

*cough* IS300.

haha any1 ever seen this on a bottle of pepto bismuth lol?

looks like it might have been photo shopped in...

kzjKOpq.jpg

Edited by Florida_Audio

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I forgot you could poop without a phone.

there was a time when newspapers were read on toilets

but now we pull out phone and search medication info for our poop issues

or play some mobile games while taking a dookey lol

16 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

WOW.  That looks pretty sweet.  Would love to do a trip like that.  Dacia, like the Dacia Sandero?

112053.gif

Yup, the same name. 

I told you to come visit, auto-x events are gaining momentum, off-road tracks abound, two edm music festivals per year, do I need to continue? :D

11 hours ago, Florida_Audio said:

there was a time when newspapers were read on toilets

but now we pull out phone and search medication info for our poop issues

or play some mobile games while taking a dookey lol

Sounds like you need to find a girl and a sandwich,  and get yourself a super plumpkin!

Beautiful country Adrian.  Thank you for posting the pics!!

Thanks for the heads up on the clay melting also.  Not what I wanted to hear, but good to know.

On August 7, 2016 at 8:49 PM, ///M5 said:

All processed and cooling.  Ready fornthe freezer

You cook the corn before freezing?

Bummer to hear about the home improvement loan not working out.  Would've been nice to get everything done all at once.  Kind of curious to hear your next plan  of attack.

Congratulations on the weight-loss Matt!!!!!  I'm super proud of you brother!!

I am purchasing a new top loader HE washer and dryer today.  I am torn between the LG and Samsung, although I'm leaning towards the LG.

They meet my top 3 needs.  Capacity of around 5 ft.³,  and have steam in both the washer and dryer.  Both rate as fairly quiet also.  I've been to the store and checked out the fit and finish on them, and both are  comparable. 

I have read a fuckton of reviews,  but most of the bad ones seem like operator error more than anything.  Anyone here have any input?

24 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

I am purchasing a new top loader HE washer and dryer today.  I am torn between the LG and Samsung, although I'm leaning towards the LG.

They meet my top 3 needs.  Capacity of around 5 ft.³,  and have steam in both the washer and dryer.  Both rate as fairly quiet also.  I've been to the store and checked out the fit and finish on them, and both are  comparable. 

I have read a fuckton of reviews,  but most of the bad ones seem like operator error more than anything.  Anyone here have any input?

When I researched what washer to buy I come to the conclusion LG is the best.  Indont know if that data is still current.

I purchased the dryer later as a floor model.  

I should mention that the dryer isn't matching. I got a super mega size unit so I could dry some blankets.

I don't understand the steam.  It's totally pointless marketing.  It provides no use in a home washer at all, and it's value in a dryer is not worthwhile.

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

You cook the corn before freezing?

Bummer to hear about the home improvement loan not working out.  Would've been nice to get everything done all at once.  Kind of curious to hear your next plan  of attack.

Not 100%.  You can blanch it, but it is so much easier to de-tassle when you grill it.  Uber hot grill, rotate until the outside is nicely roasted then let it sit.  

It wasn't the loan that was the problem, but the price.  What I thought was $200k got bid at $630k.  WTF!

22 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I don't understand the steam.  It's totally pointless marketing.  It provides no use in a home washer at all, and it's value in a dryer is not worthwhile.

If you have fecal matter in your clothes, heating it up to sterilization temp is reasonable.

In a dryer, if you are lazy and want to steam out your shirts it could be useful.

....that being said, I also do not need them.  Am definitely of the opinion that the more shit does, the less long it will last.

57 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I should mention that the dryer isn't matching. I got a super mega size unit so I could dry some blankets.

We used to have a dryer that I could stand in....I am not short.

Actually was just a tumbler, but connected to a boiler.  All the heat came from steam.

That's a big dryer Sean.  How often did they lock you in it and make you run?

8 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Yup, the same name. 

I told you to come visit, auto-x events are gaining momentum, off-road tracks abound, two edm music festivals per year, do I need to continue? :D

Oh I want to come over for sure.

I'm so excited to go to NYC this Friday.

I really want to bring my DSLR and the 50mm 1.2.

I'm really worried it will suck carrying it around.

:(

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

If you have fecal matter in your clothes, heating it up to sterilization temp is reasonable.

In a dryer, if you are lazy and want to steam out your shirts it could be useful.

....that being said, I also do not need them.  Am definitely of the opinion that the more shit does, the less long it will last.

A normal hot cycle with proper chemical covers tbe feces. . .    But seriously. . .  Throw that shit out!

Any shirt worth steaming, IMO, deserves a proper steamer.

Our smallest tumblernis a 450lb.  We just got a new 900lb last year, but it's such a piece of shit. 

As for washers we have couple 135s, several 450 open pockets, and even more 900lb side loaders.  

I'm currently changing a pump/motor on one of the 900s as we speak.

I use the steam function to unwrinkle things or if someone forgets to unload the wash.  

That was when I washed my own dress shirts as I use the delicate cycle in them. 

I also use the steam for towels.  Sometimes towels do not get all the mildew/mold smell even in sanitary. Maybe it's the water.  The only non harsh chemical that seems to stop that weird towel moldy smell is vinegar and it's nice to just hit a button and walk away rather than hit my towels with 2 wash cycles