Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I didn't even leave the island.

.... So not a good representation of the whole city. I do understand that too.

Falling in love is still falling in love. Just like a woman you fall in love with, she will have "flaws" that show up, it doesn't mean you love her less.

What an amazing place.

I just realized I was in NYC and didn't get deli.

Fmlfmlfmlfml.

I'm ruining my own life.

10 hours ago, dem beats said:

NYC.

Holy shit.  Holy fucking shit.

I understand everything now.  I don't know if I could live there but I'm going to BEG to come to NYC if work needs it.

The trains, the movement.... It was miserable today.  My companion for the day is not on the same page as me for site seeing. >91 and incredibly humid.  Light breakfast and could only stomach a salad in the evening. Only got about 2.5 liters of water in me and I'm sure I lost a gallon of more so far.  Everything was against me and I fell in love with that place.

I only got 22,000 steps in today surprisingly.  Maybe I'll go for a little walk to bump those numbers. 2 train delays However.  

Also B&H... Oh yes please.  

I thought I was going to be intimidated but I felt at home instantly.  I didn't expect it to hit me in my heart.  I like where civilization meets nature usually. San Diego suburbs and the desert. Puerto Rico I'm the island of Vieques. The twin cities in MN of course... But NYC was as good as Paris. Just incredible to me.  So amazing I can't wait to go back.

Very fun to walk the city. We usually go do that is the fall because of the heat.

I have been visiting canal st since 1994.

2 hours ago, Julian said:

What's your guy's opinion on Grizzly Tablesaws? I've been searching and searching to find a tablesaw for the new garage and I've finally settled on the 715P, it seems like it's the best saw at under 1k. They're relatively local (Springfiel, MO) so shipping won't take too long and is only $100. I now live in Kansas so I wont have to pay taxes which is a huge plus. If I can get 220 into the garage I'll leave it at 220 but if I can't I can always wire it for 110.

What do you guys think?

My brother has a big one from grizzly, not sure the size. We built roller tables around it and it works awesome. He does not cut MDF with it though. I did that once and the mess was unreal even with his vac system.

1 hour ago, nem said:

My brother has a big one from grizzly, not sure the size. We built roller tables around it and it works awesome. He does not cut MDF with it though. I did that once and the mess was unreal even with his vac system.

Yeah I plan on building with primarily birch because of the dust issues.

On 8/11/2016 at 7:44 PM, MKader17 said:

Do you guys know anything about bluetooth tech? I 'm trying to find out if bluetooth aptx is superior to bluetooth 4.0. Trying to decide on a bluetooth module for the truck.

Wire cutter listed Anker as the best but their previous best has an aptx version.

http://thewirecutter.com/reviews/best-bluetooth-kits-for-every-car-stereo/

Anker is quite a bit cheaper and looks better so I don't want to waste monies.

Bluetooth for what

6 hours ago, Julian said:

What's your guy's opinion on Grizzly Tablesaws? I've been searching and searching to find a tablesaw for the new garage and I've finally settled on the 715P, it seems like it's the best saw at under 1k. They're relatively local (Springfiel, MO) so shipping won't take too long and is only $100. I now live in Kansas so I wont have to pay taxes which is a huge plus. If I can get 220 into the garage I'll leave it at 220 but if I can't I can always wire it for 110.

What do you guys think?

Crap.  But a real saw or don't bother.  Btw, that is what I paid for my unisaw.  You need to buy used...

2 hours ago, Julian said:

Yeah I plan on building with primarily birch because of the dust issues.

No dust with a real saw.  I don't even have a good dust collector but use a cheap shop vac.  Garage stays clean and you don't feel like you need a respirator.

The grizzly fence is not effective.  My bil has one and hates it.

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

I just realized I was in NYC and didn't get deli.

Fmlfmlfmlfml.

I'm ruining my own life.

You didn't miss that much.  One trip to Asia and ny disapppeara as exciting.  Chicago is 10x the city.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

You didn't miss that much.  One trip to Asia and ny disapppeara as exciting.  Chicago is 10x the city.

Take me to Chicago and show me.

As close to hating a metro area as I can I really had a bad time in Chicago.  Aside from the steakhouse I went to that is, but manny's was better IMHO

Seriously.. Show me.  

I need to have options.  Right now I'm looking at only "wanting" to move to Cali or the upper North East of I move inside the company.  

Not being afraid of Chicago would be good.  And God forbid...detroit..

This wouldn't be permanent.. I hope... Either.

If I want to NYC I think it would be just for a year or 2 and I would have to leave the wife behind.

7 hours ago, dem beats said:

Seriously.. Show me.  

I need to have options.  Right now I'm looking at only "wanting" to move to Cali or the upper North East of I move inside the company.  

Not being afraid of Chicago would be good.  And God forbid...detroit..

I would rather move to Detroit than NY.  More than so cal too.

3 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Truck

That isn't at all what I meant.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That's frightening.  I've been to Detroit many times, though not in the past 5 years, and that place, aside from the suburbs, is an absolute shit hole.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That isn't at all what I meant.

The source will be my Moto X 2015 (aptx capable) and the "receiver" is the H701 feeding my sundown amps, speakers and SSA Subwoofer.

The receiver will need to be powered by 12V and have RCA or 3.5mm headphone out.

11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Wow.. I don't really get that.

I must have missed something special.

So cal is more about my health issues Sean.  My skin clears up in the sun and surf.  My body changes into a healthier version of itself every time I'm somewhere like that.

22 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Crap.  But a real saw or don't bother.  Btw, that is what I paid for my unisaw.  You need to buy used...

I've been looking and looking for the past 5 months or so and I've yet to find one used that's worth my time. Most people in my area want top dollar for their table saw that looks like it's been sitting at the bottom of an ocean.

On my local classifieds there are mostly the smaller contractor style saws which I just don't want to mess with due to the fact I plan on tackling full 4x8 sheets. 

I've been doing a lot of research via forums, Reddit, and various reviews and it seems that universally the 715p is the best saw under 1k and that for the price it has one of the best fences in it's market.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Wow.. I don't really get that.

I must have missed something special.

So cal is more about my health issues Sean.  My skin clears up in the sun and surf.  My body changes into a healthier version of itself every time I'm somewhere like that.

SoCal sucks although I have a very soft spot for NorCal it's somewhere I'd like to move back to.

I really like California.  I don't like a lot of the people, but most of them were fine.

I make friends really easily.  Even hardened North wasters are friendly to me.

38 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I really like California.  I don't like a lot of the people, but most of them were fine.

I make friends really easily.  Even hardened North wasters are friendly to me.

I hated the people in SoCal, but EVERY single person I met in NorCal was so nice and very personable. Its just so much more laid back in NorCal.

I have never been  North in California.  Only LA and San Diego.  I was actually stayed in Escondido, but the people in SD I met were ok.

I actually liked the locals a lot more than most of the enthusiasts I met at comic con.

Part of it could be that my body reacts well to the climate so I'm a nicer person when I'm there.