Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

The only good thing I can think of, about AZ is If you like sand buggies and you like shooting lanes that go on forever and hate being a comfortable temp.

I think this winter I'm going to build something off road centric.  I want something ugly That I can just beat on and haul around my saws and just take off and go anywhere.

It would really make it a lot easier for me to get a 2 door or smaller vehicle...

One lush fast road car... One vehicle that Looks like shit, rides like shit but will haul shit and go over all the other shit.

NOT sure what platform I should start with....suggestions?

On 8/13/2016 at 6:58 AM, Julian said:

What's your guy's opinion on Grizzly Tablesaws? I've been searching and searching to find a tablesaw for the new garage and I've finally settled on the 715P, it seems like it's the best saw at under 1k. They're relatively local (Springfiel, MO) so shipping won't take too long and is only $100. I now live in Kansas so I wont have to pay taxes which is a huge plus. If I can get 220 into the garage I'll leave it at 220 but if I can't I can always wire it for 110.

What do you guys think?

Grizzly makes great equipment. Their fences are great. Be sure to top it off with a Forrest Woodworker 2 blade to get the best out of it!

On 8/13/2016 at 3:57 PM, topgun said:

Saw stop.  

Cool saws!

On 8/13/2016 at 4:03 PM, dem beats said:

Take me to Chicago and show me.

As close to hating a metro area as I can I really had a bad time in Chicago.  Aside from the steakhouse I went to that is, but manny's was better IMHO

I agree. Fuck Chicago. My step brother is an attorney for the EPA in Chicago. Even his multi-million dollar flat on the waterfront doesn't make the city impressive at all.

I'm sure Chicago has something amazing to it.  I just haven't seen it. Other than a place called Richard's bikes... Or R bikes... Something like that.  Crazy good deals.  

On 8/14/2016 at 10:40 AM, dem beats said:

Wow.. I don't really get that.

I must have missed something special.

So cal is more about my health issues Sean.  My skin clears up in the sun and surf.  My body changes into a healthier version of itself every time I'm somewhere like that.

So Cal is actually really nice. I lived there for ~10 years. I lived in LaJolla outside of San Diego, and Foothill Ranch in the OC. My youngest son was born just a couple miles from Sean's place in Laguna Beach. I used to spend a lot of time there. 

I personally preferred San Diego, but where I lived in the OC was really nice too.

I did turn positively brown while I was there but it helped my skin sooooooo much.

Hopefully switching to The new meds will help my skin more and I won't have to even think about tanning.

16 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Drove an hour through some serious rain and the Jeep decided to just stop and no longer crank. Got it towed to a friend's shop, next morning it started right up. Ran for 10 miles and quit again. I ended up replacing the ECU. It has a hole in the case, where a rubber plug should be. But somebody removed the plug on mine, it took in water during the heavy rain. I found some signs of corrosion when opened up.

WHAT THE FUCK? Of all the stupid things somebody could do when working on a car this was the stupidest, what possible use would somebody have for that plug?

You sure about that? ECUs take on water a lot. Sounds more like a typical Jeep crank sensor issue.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Per capita boat ownership is highest in az out of all states

Yeah, but the river is drying up.... had many good times out there.

13 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I'm sure Chicago has something amazing to it.  I just haven't seen it. Other than a place called Richard's bikes... Or R bikes... Something like that.  Crazy good deals.  

Sure, if you are a fan of being shot at. Fuck that shithole.

45 minutes ago, sandt38 said:

Sure, if you are a fan of being shot at. Fuck that shithole.

I've been shot at in minneapolis, never seen a weapon pulled in chicago

If there was a city in MN it may compete but our rural ass isn't a city

Orange county is probably the biggest American abomination...but I leave a lot of the south out of my equation since it is so ridiilculously bad.

Chicago might be an option for me so I wish I could figure out why it's so great.

Not even trying to be a dick.. It would make living away from the W a lot easier..... Or make having a mistress much tougher. :P

Ok... Dafne Schippers, she is ok by me.

I don't like blondes usually not women that thin... For some reason she melts my butter.

Food, people, access to everything, nightlife, history, big ass lake, cool buildings, local sports...

What other city can even come close?  NY has a bunch but lacks seriously on the people, Boston is an interesting visit but get outside the city proper and fuck that.  LA is a turd. Houston, ROFL.  I can see the San Francisco argument, but it is still full of Californians.

Beware of Chicago may be an option for you.  Chicagoland is NOT Chicago.  For a suburban big city it is better than most, but living in Aurora is NOT Chicago.

Ok..... I think I get it now.  The direct city is great... Around it not so much?

I always stayed in Schaumburg.

Suburbs are suburbs.  Chicago suburbs are great compared to NY, Boston, Houston, Dallas, Phoenix, LA, San Fran, Dallas, Philly, Jacksonville, Columbus....and pretty much any other big city, but they are still suburban hell.  Get the fuck out.

Hell they even suck in MN, so not sure why you expect differently.  That of course being said there are pockets in any of those that are fine.  Personally I dig the hell out of Minnetonka.  There are other sweet spots too, but Schaumburg is like Woodbury.  Booo!