Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Never rooted a phone, but Reddit seems to claim that rooting doesn't really give you anything on these that you can't do without it.  

Heck I've never really understood why root a phone.  

The amount of garbage in the interface on the Samsung gets removed completely by rooting.

Sort of like taking a Windows disk and installing it yourself, versus getting 800 extra programs installed that changes windows completely with some other branded computer.

Go play with a Nexus and see how simple and snappy it is.  Bloatware ruins the interface on a phone monstrously.

:coffee:

Anyone know of a quick video or article that will help people understand Entropy?

Not the details of entropy, just cover the basics.

Yes I understand this is absurd.

:D

Or just have them watch the next debate.  Tweetle dee and Tweetle dumb have to end in chaos

RIP Gene Wilder .  we will miss you funny man

4 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

RIP Gene Wilder .  we will miss you funny man

I know!

Ungh.  So sad.

16 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I have a text book for you :D

I'll take it.  I'm trying to teach myself as much about engineering and physics as possible.

If I don't start climbing this ladder FAST I'm going to get some dumb ass degree and make you or someone like you hire me to sell cool shit to cool people.  I fucking love this company but my boss is really killing my progress.

My work is paying off and I found out my boss might be in more trouble than it sounded from my last update.  I don't want him to get in trouble, but it's to the point I give no fucks I got some info on the other side above me about his performance and it's not much better for his higher ups.

13 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I would move LG after stock.  Feels the closest to it to me.  I came off a nexus and hardly noticed a difference although I had an s6 for 2 weeks in between and it drove me nuts

LG notifications are no where near stock android and the settings are completely different as well

23 hours ago, dem beats said:

So... I guess, why would I care about the weight/frame strength if I really just want to mow?

I just want to cut some  trees down, should I just grab the cheapest chainsaw at Lowe's?

On 8/28/2016 at 11:08 PM, dem beats said:

So... I guess, why would I care about the weight/frame strength if I really just want to mow?

Largely irrelevant, the important thing is the driveline components, which are far superior in a "real" vs. a white-label branded mower.

Better strength and more weight come in to play when you're in a "ah fuck it" situation where you take off the kid gloves and just beat the snot out of it.

Thicker/heavier decks are better shrapnel shields, too.

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

I just want to cut some  trees down, should I just grab the cheapest chainsaw at Lowe's?

I gotchu fam.  

I was kind of saying since a 15 year old crappy craftsman thing worked to mow what am I getting other than sheer aversion to rusting apart?

Good analogy doe.

1 hour ago, Penguin4x4 said:

Largely irrelevant, the important thing is the driveline components, which are far superior in a "real" vs. a white-label branded mower.

That's what I needed.

I'd personally buy an older one.  You've had bad luck, but evaluate your luck.  Was it based on buying used big box stuff or used real stuff.  If it is the latter it is just bad luck, if the other well that is expected.

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I'd personally buy an older one.  You've had bad luck, but evaluate your luck.  Was it based on buying used big box stuff or used real stuff.  If it is the latter it is just bad luck, if the other well that is expected.

Both.  

I do plan on checking dealers for refurbished gems.  I'm not dead set on new.  I just don't want ride hard and out away wet.  I don't know what to look for on older units so I'm just trying to decide if it's better to throw money at the problem.

I'm also struggling with MPLS suing  me for an abandoned property.... That the police let squaters stay in we are talking 10k ish and a couple court dates....

All while trying to fix it up enough to sell and then having fuckers kick in Windows and literally just thrash the place.

..also had to pay out to a Time share I don't want and basically can't use but inherited.  The fuckers are also using a legal team to collect.

This all happened when I was in CT and I thought my wife was taking care of it.  She was not.  So I'm dealing with home problems too... So I'm kind of to the point where I don't have time of sanity to really make a careful decision.  I don't even have time to shop.  

Also I haven't talked about it much but I hadn't had my meds for 2 weeks so when I got this sinus infection last week I could barely walk and missed 2.5 days of work.  My boss sent me home on Wednesday because he said I looked so bad the team didn't need to see me for my normal weekly visits.

Anyway, you get point. Too busy and stressed and just want a fix that I won't regret in the next 3-10 years.

Shit, sorry mang.  Beware those "legal" collectors as many have no right in requiring.  Ask them for the contract so you can read what was signed exactly.

Just order dinner at the airport.  Approximately 8pm in Europe now so I am trying to acclimate.  Beers!

I don't know shit about mowers.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/grd/5754528645.html

Under $1k.  Maybe worth $200 or $2000, I have no idea.  I have a $100 home depot push mower, but my acre takes maybe 10 minutes to mow.  I hate mowing enough that when I remodel there will be NO grass in my yard.  Plenty of green, but that will come from plants and not grass.

Asked to submit a pre-employment screening packet; fingers crossed...

5 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I don't know shit about mowers.

http://minneapolis.craigslist.org/wsh/grd/5754528645.html

Under $1k.  Maybe worth $200 or $2000, I have no idea.  I have a $100 home depot push mower, but my acre takes maybe 10 minutes to mow.  I hate mowing enough that when I remodel there will be NO grass in my yard.  Plenty of green, but that will come from plants and not grass.

Great price if everything works well!