Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

It's definitely different than the rest.  Do you really dislike San Francisco too Sean?

San Fran is in the North.  If Silicon Valley never happened I'd love that area.

14 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

San Fran is in the North.  If Silicon Valley never happened I'd love that area.

I don't know where north ends and south begins.

I'm getting to the point where I might swap this S7 edge for an Iphone.

I'm not even kidding.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

I don't know where north ends and south begins.

Santa Barbara which is 320mi south of San Fran

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

I'm getting to the point where I might swap this S7 edge for an Iphone.

I'm not even kidding.

The Samsung operating systems sucks donkey

Why not a v10 or a 6p until V20?

17 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Why not a v10 or a 6p until V20?

Nature of my plan allows me up upgrade.  I had the V10 and the G4 both complete shit the bed. I'm a power user and they only made it 6 months or so the G5 wasn't an actual upgrade. Samsung is so bad with their options this year.

I need large size so v10, iphone7 plus, note 7, etc. It's part media part how I hold my phone.

I want elegant software. I have stopped caring about features if they are not elegant. I'm also past programing my own work around or spending more than 20 min on getting the settings right for a specific ap.  The way the S7 handles images is infuriating.  It's clunky and shitty.

No one I know who uses an iPhone had had it die.  Not one.  And many of them go to questionable sites ALL the time.  I'm fucking Savy and these things still shit the bed all the time. Maybe with an iPhone it would at least lengthen the life span to when the new version comes out.

The new iphone has one of the best, if not the best, camera (especially low light and that's what I really care about) set ups. It's got a lot of support for people from the apple store to being the most single integrated tool in the world.  Is it the best at it? Meh. Does it just simply seem to work?  Yes, it sure does.

Even saying I want to look at an iPhone is hard and makes me want to throw up.

I've just given up on tweaking.  Too much life stress.  

If they had one at the store I would have left with a Shiny new iphone7 plus. Didn't have one so I'm still stuck with this shitshow 

I can't live without a replaceable battery and an SD slot.

Even worse on the Apple is how it organizes music.  Worst of all the choices by a million miles in that regard.  

When I travel I regularly burn 2 batteries in a day.  Same happens if I work from home and choose alternative desk locations from my office.  

Aren't upgrades dead? Or do you mean you get another 2 year loan?

Either way, you feel like you could sell the S7 and buy something used to tide you over?

I've love my Moto X 2015. 5.5" screen, sd slot. Turbo charge is very powerful. Bought it for $250

42 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I can't live without a replaceable battery and an SD slot.

Even worse on the Apple is how it organizes music.  Worst of all the choices by a million miles in that regard.  

I'm the same way but I have just given up with EVERYTHING else has just died within 6 months or whatever!

I'm so angry, I'm basically going against everything I don't believe in. It doesn't hAve a headphone jack and I have custom headphones that wound need it, yet somehow it's actually appealing. 

39 minutes ago, MKader17 said:

Aren't upgrades dead? Or do you mean you get another 2 year loan?

Either way, you feel like you could sell the S7 and buy something used to tide you over?

Loan type situation.

I still don't get not getting another V10 then.

Just now, ///M5 said:

I still don't get not getting another V10 then.

Well, the g4, g5, and V10 were all kind of similar hardware.  I had the v10 and the G4 both die on me in similar ways after about 6 months or so of use.  They both started physically falling apart early on.  The leather on my g4 took longer to start having bad problems but the rubber coating on the v10 started to peel after a month and I took it off a couple weeks after.

I dealt with the craftsmanship because I could replace the back, along with the battery, and the SD card. The camera is amazing on those too, and the V10 last update is the best version of Android. Seriously as good as HTC but with more relevant hardware and a more useful interface. It's elegant. But they both died catastrophicly with basically no warning and both actually failed to backup properly so I lost all my contacts 2 times.  The second is now more permanent as I lost my backup of course.  Super.  

So I just want a great camera and a phone with rock solid stability that just works and is elegant

Well, that sounds like an iphone.  I also don't keep any media on my phone for music. Just stream.  I actually might keep music on my phone if I had iTunes as its the shared family account.

How do you wear out the back on the G4?? I used one back for a year before I got a fresh one that wasn't stained from sweat.  I change the battery about 3 times a week too.  Out lasted most people that bought Iphone's with me at the same time that are similar.  Company bought about equal number LG and Iphone and so far we have replaced more than 25% of the Iphones and besides a swimming incident the G4's have been rock solid.  I did swap mine out at 360 days...but that was pre-emptive.

Was killing the battery fast...but that happens with all my devices.

I'm just on a one year loop at this point.  And if I go LG I'm afraid it would be an 6 month cycle.

Grrrrrrr

I pretty much expect that will be the same regardless of brand.  I kill my phones too.  

Exactly why I pre-emptively swapped mine

It seems I'm forced to wait for the moment anyway.

The v20 and the new Google phone Pxl or whatever, look amazing.

Pixel is Verizon only no?  If it had removeable battery and Sd card I'd sell my G4.

HP X3 Elite looks awesome too...but not so sure that is viable.