Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

I love the Voodoo!

Though I'd much prefer a John Kasse Boss 9 mountain.

These guys and the power wars.  That car is very unfriendly on the stock power outside of a track.  

So the new car is out for a detail and coatings. Full paint correction, windows buffed and coated, wheels cleaned, iron deposits removed, buffed and coated. Entire vehicle, lips, underhood, jams, etc coated... double coated up front, lips, hood, and mirrors. Interior protection added and deep cleaned, etc. I get it back next Sunday. Forecast for 9 days following detail? 8 days of fucking rain. First 2 days of detailing...

scoob1.jpg

scoob2.jpg

scoob3.jpg

scoob4.jpg

scoob5.jpg

scoob6.jpg

Are you cleaning the wheels with the blood of the latest sacrifice? 

LOL! I don't have the time, patience, or equipment for this kind of work. That is actually a cleaner he uses to remove iron deposits from wheels. It is actually clear, but it turns red when it reacts with and neutralizes iron deposits.

This is a good friend of mine who runs his own detailing business. He is sending me pics of progress.

What is the name of that cleaner? It seems to work like a champ!

I'll ask him when he updates me tomorrow.

I don't think they'll use the Voodoo.  They've said numerous times that it was developed SOLELY for the GT350.  

I don't see them using turbos either.  While they're pushing the shit out of the Ecoboost packages, the GT500 has always been about brute force.  I see a stroked Coyote with a big twin screw.   

Rumors are turbo.  While voodoo was designed for the gt350 economies of scale say the should use it elsewhere.  I think a boosted version of it only makes sense with tubros to match the rev range of the motor.  I am also dubious it will happen but the rumors around the internet led me to think it has more merit than I thought before.

Plus if they really want to compete in the hp war doing it in a unique way makes sense.  That and designed for the gt350 doesn't exclude gt500.

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Rumors are turbo.  While voodoo was designed for the gt350 economies of scale say the should use it elsewhere.  I think a boosted version of it only makes sense with tubros to match the rev range of the motor.  I am also dubious it will happen but the rumors around the internet led me to think it has more merit than I thought before.

Plus if they really want to compete in the hp war doing it in a unique way makes sense.  That and designed for the gt350 doesn't exclude gt500.

Rumors are rumors.  Ford has never been economical in terms of their specialty vehicles.  Go back to the SVO Mustang.  It was such a different breed from anything else.  Then came the Fox Cobra which, yes used the 5.0 Windsor, but with specifically designed heads and intake, body parts, wheels, and other tidbits.  Include the '93 Cobra R and it continues.  '95 Cobra R same way.  '00 Cobra R used a 5.4 DOHC designed specifically for that vehicle.  It was never used in any other Ford.  It's suspension, body, and interiors parts had many special parts.  Ford GT of the early 2000s was completely one-off top to bottom, front to back.  The Terminator Cobras had the blown 4.6 DOHC, buy the only thing it's drivetrain shared with anything else was the engine dimension.  The block, rotating assembly,  heads, everything different.  Let's move to the most recent GT500. The only thing it shared with ANY other Ford (drivetrain)  product was the engine block and that only lasted 3 years.   Ford then developed an aluminum block just for this car.  It also had it's own heads, blower,TB, Etc.   The Raptor. .   6.2 developed just for the Raptor.  While this architecture did trickle into their other F-series trucks, it's not the same beast.  I don't think I need to mention any other differences for that.  

Let's fast forward to present day.   The bew GT is again, an almost completely one-off vehicle.  The engine dimensions/basic architecture are all that it shares with the "normal" 3.5 Ecoboost.  

The GT350 has so many parts that were developed strictly for that car, but of course the Voodoo is its claim to fame.  Ironically, the 60s GT350 was the same way.  It shared a chassis and an engine block with the Mustang, but everything else was purpose built.   The GT500 was the same again.  Just in Beast Mode for straight line speed.  

So you can easiky see here they've never thrown caution go the wind or built a specialty vehicle with economics in mind.  Sure it is a factor, but not a limiting one.

Pre-wash foam soak using deionized water, a concentrated shampoo, and warm water in my foam lance.

scoob7.jpg

scoob8.jpg

After a thorough hand wash the entire car received a chemical decontamination. It is hard to see the embedded iron deposits "bleeding out" of the paint, trim, and even glass, but you can see remnants of them in the redish water on the driveway.

scoob9.jpg

That's a beautiful blue!

Thanks! It is darker in person. There is a ridiculous amount of pearl fleck in it too.

I'm familiar with it.  The first 2017 WRX I drove was that color.

I was hoping the 2018 WRXs would be based on the new global platform. I was considering buying one. It got good reviews. I'm going to wait for the 2019s.

Nice Adrian!

Sean and others, any experience with Keysight Vee and thoughts on it?  

If I'm boring you guys, let me know. Just wanting to show the stages my buddy uses for his detail work... and how damn well he is treating my car. I'm really fortunate that I have a friend who does this as well as he does.

scoob10.jpg

Scoob11.jpg

scoob12.jpg

scoob13.jpg

scoob14.jpg

scoob15.jpg

scoob16.jpg