Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

They were built too small to sit on the dash of my sisters Chaparral.  As big as they could be.  We compensated in the boat with a higher tuned enclosure.

Good to see you stop in btw!

6 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Why in the fuck is it snowing.....

Nice to see you around!

On 5/11/2017 at 10:51 PM, ///M5 said:

Had a busy week it seems Aaron.  Excited to see the new product roll in!

The tweets end result is better than I had pictured when I first started the process.  Neal has units #1 & #2 as he ordered first.

Something else is on the way, with more in the works.  In addition, amps are traveling to us now.

Contemplating buying a Kenwood headunit.  WTF???

Alpine X208u is $1500 so no fucking way.

Pioneer NEX are absurdly restricted when it comes to playing back off a hard drive :(

Carputer going bye bye.

55 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Contemplating buying a Kenwood headunit.  WTF???

My Kenwood had a hard time working with a external hard drive, but works REALLY well with large flash drives. 

I bought a pair of 64 g (I think that's what they are) flash drives and had no problems with audio, Video, pics, or anything else I could throw at it so far. 

Most everything that's played on my Kenwood now a days is YouTube vids. 

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Carputer going bye bye.

Most I've seen has been changed to strictly source units with a head unit or processor as primary.

Little sad about Chris Cornell.

4 hours ago, dem beats said:

Nice to see you around!

Good to be here!  I enjoy you's guys intellect.

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

The tweets end result is better than I had pictured when I first started the process.  Neal has units #1 & #2 as he ordered first.

Something else is on the way, with more in the works.  In addition, amps are traveling to us now.

I will be picking up a pair soon to go with my evil mid's! Hehe

1 hour ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Little sad about Chris Cornell.

It is rough.  I hope it does not influence the youth to commit suicide more than they already are. :(

3 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Alpine X208u is $1500 so no fucking way.

Pioneer NEX are absurdly restricted when it comes to playing back off a hard drive :(

I'm sadly not very happy with my pioneer. I do not play off a hard drive,  but the fluctuation in sound quality from different sources is ridiculous.  Ridiculous compared to my last Alpine that is.

15 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

I'm sadly not very happy with my pioneer. I do not play off a hard drive,  but the fluctuation in sound quality from different sources is ridiculous.  Ridiculous compared to my last Alpine that is.

Which Pio do you have?  I don't like the monster fonts on the Kenwood, but am seeing whatever I buy as a stop gap until things are better integrated.  3 years ago when I built my car pc DD head units were super antiquated in their capability, but finally can do most of what I need.

I'd love to add a Helix to my Kenwood for fully active capabilities. Just don't have the money to spend since the transmission went down. 

18 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

I'd love to add a Helix to my Kenwood for fully active capabilities. Just don't have the money to spend since the transmission went down. 

For 1/3 the price and exactly the same functionality you can use miniDSP's.

Which Kenwood do you have Randal?

7 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

For 1/3 the price and exactly the same functionality you can use miniDSP's.

I need to get a closer look at those.

6 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Which Kenwood do you have Randal?

DNX9980HD

I think they have a newer version now. 

34 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Which Pio do you have?  I don't like the monster fonts on the Kenwood, but am seeing whatever I buy as a stop gap until things are better integrated.  3 years ago when I built my car pc DD head units were super antiquated in their capability, but finally can do most of what I need.

It's the AVH-X4700BS.  If the monster fonts bother you,  how busy the screen is on the pioneer would drive you crazy.

The only reason I bought a DD was so I could watch movies on my breaks at work. LoL 

My last Alpine have the media expander,  that cleaned up digitally compressed sources very well.  Including the satellite radio.  The pioneer just plays it as it sees it .

12 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

I need to get a closer look at those.

I have 9 of them atm...

11 minutes ago, Randal Johnson said:

DNX9980HD

I think they have a newer version now. 

A few.  Completely different processor and such to speed things up.  I am concerned on their "limits" on the hard drive.  Claims 1TB but only 15,000 files.  Wondering if that is a true limit or just they thought no one would have more songs than that.

....I have over 50k :Doh:

4 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

It's the AVH-X4700BS.  If the monster fonts bother you,  how busy the screen is on the pioneer would drive you crazy.

The only reason I bought a DD was so I could watch movies on my breaks at work. LoL 

My last Alpine have the media expander,  that cleaned up digitally compressed sources very well.  Including the satellite radio.  The pioneer just plays it as it sees it .

And yes, you picked out one of my major problems with the Pio.  That and you can't remove the producer tag from the screen even if the tag is blank (yes all my tags are "right" and I don't bother with anything other than year, artist, album, song)

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

A few.  Completely different processor and such to speed things up.  I am concerned on their "limits" on the hard drive.  Claims 1TB but only 15,000 files.  Wondering if that is a true limit or just they thought no one would have more songs than that.

....I have over 50k :Doh:

Guess that's why my stays running so good. I never put anything on the internal hard drive. Well, except for updates. All my shit is on those flash drives. Seems to be much easier to manipulate. 

It's a great head unit, just wish it was fully active capable. It's more or less a 5.1 setup.