Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

On another note. If I get rid of my truck I REALLY don't want to sell it with my H701, Icon, Sundown amps, peerless woofer and seas tweets. Not to mention it's not actually radio ready.

I don't really have a plan to transplant them into the new truck, but I'd rather sell it to someone on here then let them go to a random buyer.

I was thinking of grabbing a hu, a cheap 4 channel, some component speakers (may have some) and a 12 that works in the same enclosure and swapping it all out.

You don't want to put the old equipment in the new truck?

If not I would just sell it as a package unless you want to spend money now to make it back later.  People will see your aftermarket audio stuff as devaluing the vehicle.  Unless they are savvy. If they are savvy they will know quality from junk and your cheep radio will annoy them.

Maybe its not that that way now, but ita what i would have said last time I was looking at older vehicles.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

You don't want to put the old equipment in the new truck?

If not I would just sell it as a package unless you want to spend money now to make it back later.  People will see your aftermarket audio stuff as devaluing the vehicle.  Unless they are savvy. If they are savvy they will know quality from junk and your cheep radio will annoy them.

I guess I mean cheap relatively. I would still put in a Pioneer system that does Bluetooth.

I have to do something about the HU. Currently I use a bluetooth module to the H701 processor. No one is going to think that is cool. I also don't see anyone valuing the true SSA quality at all. I'd rather sell off my old stuff to someone on here before I just sell it off to joe bloe with the truck.

The good thing is the install will be top notch. Good sound deadening, good isolation of the speaker, well built sub box. So if I match the components decently it will probably still be better than any system people are used to hearing.

Option 0 - Switch h701 with HU and run active system off the amp processor.

Option A is pull the Sundown 1000D, replace components and HU. Run components off the 100.4 and bridge the last 2 channels to the sub.

Option B is Option A plus pulling the 100.4, buying a ppi900.4 or similiar, and another 12" sub and replacing both of those.

Check Blaupunkt's website.  They used to have direct and wholesaler sales and you can get a whole system for around $400.  That's how I built shit for my niece and nephew.

Bass licks like crazy.

Sean you might even dig it.  Love me some thunder cat.

I'd find some cheap ass shit on CL...in particular a double din if possible.  Ought to be cheap as I just bought the 2nd from the top Kenwood for $479.  A 2-4 year old piece can't be more than $100.  Buy cheap whatever else as well and send it down the road.

Going to make you feel like an idiot for not doing it sooner though.

I currently only use Android Auto part of the time, but it is the best GPS.  Nice for controlling Pandora etc, but the stock Android music players on Auto right now are such than none of them support folder browsing. :(  Apple doesn't either though (as expected).  Means I don't play my music off my phone, but with nearly 50k songs on a HDD it will resume playing about 5 seconds after starting up the car.  My garage door takes about that long...

No way, no way, no way would I go back to a carputer

Really strange time to be at the airport.

Almost no flights anywhere tonight...

On the 10pm'er to Amsterdam

Whole row to myself...for viewing fireworks I guess. :o

Flyin' in the red, white & blue.

2 hours ago, dem beats said:

Bass licks like crazy.

Sean you might even dig it.  Love me some thunder cat.

Almost looks like Miles Davis drowning.  Funny Stevie samples.  Completely obvious whom they grew up listening too.

2ce8090d06ed362a28414fe971babf15.jpg

Miles-Davis-1.jpgportrait-of-miles-davis.jpg

Didn't realize you were into Fusion.  Ton of that from the 70's...

I love a good bass player, but like more soul and less exercises.  The exercises with repetition I can do though, the soul is hard to manufacture.

My guitar teacher wants me to quit my job and change careers.

I REALLY wish I didn't take 25 years off :(

Boarding soon ....with the uglisest set of passengers I have ever left Minny with.

Ought to make it easy to sleep, lol

3 pairs of shoes, full suit/tie, gone for 10 nights.  Carry on only and my 2nd bag is less than half the size of most laptop bags.

34 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

3 pairs of shoes, full suit/tie, gone for 10 nights.  Carry on only and my 2nd bag is less than half the size of most laptop 

You are a beast.

Feed me more things that you would call fusion that sound like that please.  I don't know the music terminology. 

I know as soon as I can scratch it together I'm going to buy a digital piano and start playing every day.

Then again I habe been bumping this really hard too lately.

And this.....   It's probably Kylie Jenner (sp) singing BTW.  Makes me sick to my stomach but I blast that in the whip.