Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Happy turkey murder day everyone.  A day early, however I might start poppin bottles right meow and dont want to forget.

:-D

30 minutes ago, dem beats said:

Happy turkey murder day everyone.  A day early, however I might start poppin bottles right meow and dont want to forget.

Happy thanksgiving to you.

3 hours ago, dem beats said:

10/10

Sounds like I will die once or twice, then get it.

Best way to build that?  Get a bosu ball.  Put it on the ground dome side down.  Stand and balance on flat part.

Now squat.

I recommend a wall close by at first.  Lol.

Am I drunk and that is related/

3 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Am I drunk and that is related/

I was saying that i 100% understood now what you were saying was key for riding the ditch. 

Then I was giving you the absolute best way To build balance and dexterity, that I have ever found.  Which is bosu ball squats.  I described them but, that's not helpful without context.

I type conversationally at times, I need to provide more context. And maybe put down the vodka soda for a moment while typing.

:-)

I asked because that is what I thought.

*goes to google bosu ball*

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

I asked because that is what I thought.

*goes to google bosu ball*

It's a good tool.  I had a progressive gymnast coach when in was a youngster and used them again when I was working with some Kali instructors.

Anyone who hangs out with Shiva is fine by me

Why is it I never want to get right up and go to work, but on my days off, I can't for the life of me sleep more than 5 hours and my body just wants to be awake?!

4 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Why is it I never want to get right up and go to work, but on my days off, I can't for the life of me sleep more than 5 hours and my body just wants to be awake?!

Murphy's law.  Hits me too.  Even worse on the kids.

ie, I will finally be able to sleep in and BAM the little dudes are in my bed at 5:30.  I just want to hit 7 before getting up for once!

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Anyone who hangs out with Shiva is fine by me

I am become death, destroyer of world.

I just get 4 hours a night until critical failure.  Then I get 6 for a couple days.

I have almost no defined weekend or workweek though.  Start times can change a bunch too...

Happy Thanksgiving Guys!!Hope everybody has a happy and safe holiday!

:turkey::turkey::turkey:

I talked to Levi and he does use ceramic stones for final cleaning. A set I gave him that I use for cleaning die cutters :Doh:

Any how here is what I gave him

https://www.sharpeningsupplies.com/Spyderco-4-Piece-Ceramic-File-Set-P513C138.aspx

I did things differently this year. 

Deskinned turkey and roasted the skin between 2 cookie sheets.

Sous vide the meat

Roasted the bones and leftovers in a tray, kept the fond for gravy and boiled down the roasted bones for stock for the gravy.

Deconstructed turkey that will NOT be dry and everything should be stellar....so I hope.

23 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I did things differently this year. 

Deskinned turkey and roasted the skin between 2 cookie sheets.

Sous vide the meat

Roasted the bones and leftovers in a tray, kept the fond for gravy and boiled down the roasted bones for stock for the gravy.

Deconstructed turkey that will NOT be dry and everything should be stellar....so I hope.

Pics and review!

10 hours ago, dem beats said:

Pics and review!

:Doh: I'd have to puke to give you a pic.  Generally speaking everything about it was better.  I may index the heat a little bit as the texture was almost too moist.  I cooked the turkey to 138F, I think 140 or 142 may make a nice difference.  The skin I overcooked a bit, but had an almost cracklin' like crunch which was nice with the uber soft meat.  The gravy turned out stellar too, but that I can thank to the carcass and stock.  Next time it will be a step better, but still quite the improvement.

It is my least favorite meal of all to cook.  BORING.

At least this way I felt it was worth serving.

Not that I can't roast a bird the normal way, pretty good at that but it is just sort of a shitty meal.