Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

37 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Exactly what I was contemplating.  I too have preferred a round or hex and not hand formed, but truly wondering in a chef knife what diameter or how big I'd want it.  If I had something custom made I'd like it to be made to exactly how I want it.  Just handed contemplated that before.

It's amazing because it's more consistent, and the control is better for me.  Even if it has a smooth sealed finish. The confidence when I choke up for smaller stuff or harder to cut items is so much higher when the handle is consistent. 

Yep, I need the same.  Just wonder if a diameter increase wouldn't help.

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Yep, I need the same.  Just wonder if a diameter increase wouldn't help.

Talked to your wife, she said yes.

Anyone know anything about an '07 era Hyundai Azera?  May be able to pick one up for the around town car for a reasonable price, 100k miles.  One of my guys owns the car, it hasn't given them any troubles and has been treated fair.  

I've hardly ever seen them which either says that they don't last or they sold none.  Probably the latter, but that also means that it will be hard to unload as well.

22 minutes ago, topgun said:

Anyone know anything about an '07 era Hyundai Azera?  May be able to pick one up for the around town car for a reasonable price, 100k miles.  One of my guys owns the car, it hasn't given them any troubles and has been treated fair.  

Hyundai is the true definition of planned obsolescence. 

my general rule of thumb for a beater is if I can get 20k miles for every $500 spent, I'm happy.

When Levi is back at it I will let you guys know. He does have some knives to complete for others in Jan and Feb. So it may be a couple months plus he wants to take his journeymen test.

That test consists of 5 knives per J Neilson's request then one knife will be put in a vise and bent to 45 deg. If it breaks or the metal tears he fails. If it bends nicely he passed. 

2 hours ago, nem said:

When Levi is back at it I will let you guys know. He does have some knives to complete for others in Jan and Feb. So it may be a couple months plus he wants to take his journeymen test.

That test consists of 5 knives per J Neilson's request then one knife will be put in a vise and bent to 45 deg. If it breaks or the metal tears he fails. If it bends nicely he passed. 

Brutal.

Sounds amazing.

56 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Not until I just googled it

I'm not a hippy.  I used to do a similar breathing technique in martial arts before I would have my instructors and students hit/kick my abdomen, and also before diving.  Some .mil dude who spent a lot of time in water showed me another similar version.

I was watching a news video and I tried what it looked like he was doing combined with what I knew from my other training, and I got my heart rate to go from 84 sitting in normal yoga seated position.  And before I held my breath, I was at 114.  Sitting and only breathing.  If that shit allows him to stay under ice for hours, I'm doing it before every human interaction.  

It's hippie AF, but I have to tell You, the most elite people all say it's about breathing.  My instructors were intense, but the ones who would do impossible feats in front of us, all told us it was breathing.  When you are 16-25 that was not a concept I wanted to accept, but this shit might be real.

I'll let you guys know if I transcend into another state of consciousness.

Also, I did my first 3 point hand stand in a looping time.  Even at 530 pounds I could do a round off cartwheel thing, but sustaining myself up for a few min was awesome.

Edited by dem beats

11 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Surely he would break her.

9 hours ago, topgun said:

It's a zero resale car.  The newer Hyundais actually hold some value.  Right about the time of the last recession is when they started upping their game.  Their still of a lesser quality, IMO, but I know plenty of Hyundai owners who are pleased with their purchases. 

13 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Lol...wtf

No resale makes anything more than uber cheap not a good deal

4 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Lol...wtf

They have a thing

Not that it's a Surprise, but that breathing technique added a lot to my shrugs tonight...

Edited by dem beats

On 11/1/2017 at 5:16 AM, Tirefryr said:

That's like saying you miss a pair of pants you've been able to wear twice in 5 years.

On 11/5/2017 at 6:58 PM, ///M5 said:

I woke up 29hours ago and I am ready for a beer and some weisswurst

Damnit, I arrived in Paris on the 6th. And left on the 11th. 

On 11/8/2017 at 6:50 PM, Tirefryr said:

Then you need to move all production to China.  

Honestly, given what I know about manufacturing, I don't know how you turn a profit.

No way I'm moving to China or the entire APM manufacturing moves there. We're trying to build as much of them as possible locally :

On 11/16/2017 at 10:56 PM, mikel7829 said:

I had a friend that put diesel in a gas engine once..lol what a mess

I put diesel in my Miata. Realised it, pulled off the feed line to the fuel rail, ran the fuel pump to empty the tank, put gas back in and happy days. 

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

It's a zero resale car.  The newer Hyundais actually hold some value.  Right about the time of the last recession is when they started upping their game.  Their still of a lesser quality, IMO, but I know plenty of Hyundai owners who are pleased with their purchases. 

Strange, as I've read that the newer ones have really shitty engines. 

Meanwhile, I'm mad at the guy who built the kitchen furniture in the apartment. I sent him a design to wrap around a big support beam and create two closets and nice shelves. Got the quote from him and then delays for 3 weeks before he told me he won't be able to do it. 

After I got the invoice for all the particle board from my usual supplier it was clear why he did not want the project. But he should've told me faster. 

Wife: Where you going?

Me: BMW.

Wife: Why?

Me: (in braveheart accent) To pick a fight.

Wish me luck.

5 hours ago, Adrian_D said:

Damnit, I arrived in Paris on the 6th. And left on the 11th. 

No way I'm moving to China or the entire APM manufacturing moves there. We're trying to build as much of them as possible locally :

I put diesel in my Miata. Realised it, pulled off the feed line to the fuel rail, ran the fuel pump to empty the tank, put gas back in and happy days. 

Strange, as I've read that the newer ones have really shitty engines. 

Doh, I could have flown through Paris.