Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Pics of the Vette I owned for few weeks last year. lol Only had 30k on the odometer.No automatic alt text available.

NOT my house...Would never be that trashed looking if mine.^^^

No automatic alt text available.

15 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Super charger still doing ok? I thought of doing a 5.3 in that blazer last year the 4.3 went haywire..I had a good 4.3 with low mileage so I just did a simple swap..it was out of a 2002 sonoma..only thing I had to do was tap out so I could use a one wire nock sensor..If and when this 4.3 goes to shit I will do a v8 swap..Maybe just a basic carborated 350..it shouldnt be that hard to do a v8 vortec swap though I think all really involved is radiator relocation and adding a couple wires for the 2 xtra spider poppets idk

Haven't popped the motor yet, lol

2 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Was fun to drive, not so fun getting in and out. 

You should see me in a Lotus Elise, lol

Have to stop a block ahead of a sstoplight so I can see it

I'm sure Seth could help me out more, but I would say the only American engines worth FI are the v8s.  I know he made a nasty boosted 6.  And there are plenty of German and Japanese 6s that hum harder than a whore who works for tips, but to the US engine designers they feel like an afterthought or only to be used as part of a specific, non changeable FI system. Like the new Ford GT or their new turbo 4s.

A '72 dually my sister-in-law is building. With a Cummin's being swapped in.18010920_1490767667609875_7637623379467482129_n.jpg?oh=f908192c477d07c5ee5fa77943a5b23e&oe=5A97DDCFImage may contain: motorcycle and outdoorImage may contain: train and outdoorNo automatic alt text available.Image may contain: shoesNo automatic alt text available.

59 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

You should see me in a Lotus Elise, lol

I'm not claustrophobic by any means.  But I get an uneasy feeling when my head is near or touching a headliner, so I feel you.

You talking about hippies Matt, made me think of my bus days. Said I would post a pic some day. lol

Image may contain: outdoor

Off to the freezing garage to install tweeters... Thinking i need to go buy a Mr.heater today.

:P

36 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

A '72 dually my sister-in-law is building. With a Cummin's being swapped in.18010920_1490767667609875_7637623379467482129_n.jpg?oh=f908192c477d07c5ee5fa77943a5b23e&oe=5A97DDCFImage may contain: motorcycle and outdoorImage may contain: train and outdoorNo automatic alt text available.Image may contain: shoesNo automatic alt text available.

You sure thats not your pink motor?

58 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I'm sure Seth could help me out more, but I would say the only American engines worth FI are the v8s.  I know he made a nasty boosted 6.  And there are plenty of German and Japanese 6s that hum harder than a whore who works for tips, but to the US engine designers they feel like an afterthought or only to be used as part of a specific, non changeable FI system. Like the new Ford GT or their new turbo 4s.

Actually all modern motors will take boost rather easily.  The Ecoboost takes more really well.  The new 4s that both GM & Ford have are also on par or even ahead of the Germans in many ways.  If they would just now make their interiors on par I could be rid of the German expense.

*shopping for Porsche Cayenne's on my other monitor*

The old stuff not nearly as well.  Anything already boosted helps as the factory normally errs on the side of overbuilt.

Enough that the Vsport with just a few small mods nearly keeps up with the CTS-V.  FI is a replacement for displacement.

Depending on the next month may buy a new/ one owner Focus for the wife.   New enough to not have the old dual clutch transmission.   

57 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

I can only get so erect.

Keep them cumming.  I want to die of priapism.

19 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Actually all modern motors will take boost rather easily.  The Ecoboost takes more really well.  The new 4s that both GM & Ford have are also on par or even ahead of the Germans in many ways.  If they would just now make their interiors on par I could be rid of the German expense.

Did I not say that?  Only modern less than 8 cyls are ok.  

But... you know me, I want boost on boost for no reason.  Haven't seen a 4 turbo 6 yet. :D

Did I tell you all the roommate traded in his focus ST for an RS.

Got hit in the door. Week after he got it.  Been waiting a couple months for. New one now. Poor guy.