Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

15 hours ago, dem beats said:

If you sear first, the smoke cannot penetrate the meat. That is my understanding at least 

Not as well.

If you are doing it on the egg, do it slow and low and then before serving let it rip.  I like mine at 115F-120F after rest which means you are cooking it less than that.  Of course the hotter you cook it the higher the creep so you have to adjust accordingly.

15 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Do yall guys have Cracker Barrels at yalls location?

Thank god, no.

15 hours ago, dem beats said:

I do the thing where I put it in at 500, take it out when the roast says 95.  Allow for carry over.

21 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Not as well.

If you are doing it on the egg, do it slow and low and then before serving let it rip.  I like mine at 115F-120F after rest which means you are cooking it less than that.  Of course the hotter you cook it the higher the creep so you have to adjust accordingly.

At the risk of being kicked off this forum. I will do mine higher. The in laws prefer their steak medium and it's taken me time to get them to that. And, for me, with the prime steak I like the texture of the meat and fat more when it's in the medium rare range.

We'll see how it goes. We are meeting my SIL's BF's Fam downtown for some drinks, but the time keeps getting pushed further and further back, making time for low and slow longer and longer.

Some low and slow plus 500+ sounds to be the ticket though.

On 12/22/2017 at 6:56 PM, ///M5 said:

*posts from a car wash*

Was just in a grocery and a guy buying cheese asked if the Raptor was mine.  Said no, the supercharged escalade and he about shit himself.

That thing has to be stupid fun to drive. 

On 12/22/2017 at 6:59 PM, nem said:

2 pound of blue lump crab, going to make some cakes and dip tomorrow!

Yummy yummy!!

On 12/22/2017 at 7:57 PM, dem beats said:

Sean keeps up with the Kardashians. 

It's true 

He hasn't stated otherwise, so we know what that means. 

On 12/23/2017 at 6:27 AM, nem said:

Saw this house last night. Pretty awesome show. Hope the video works.

Phenomenal! Did they have a fm radio broadcaster for sound, so you hear it in the car? 

17 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Do yall guys have Cracker Barrels at yalls location?

No, but have eaten breakfast there a few times in the Land of Morman (Utah) on my way to Vegas. Surprisingly the breakfast was pretty damn good for a chain, and that comes from someone that grew eating in the family restaurant. Can't vouch for the lunch or dinner though.

On 12/22/2017 at 6:54 PM, ///M5 said:

Yes.  Seen both.  In airplanes though.  I watch one movie on each 8hr flight and sleep the rest.  

I can only imagine all the terrible movies you've seen then. Lmao

give me a window seat and and my tunes and I'm happier than a fag in a peter patch.

8 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Phenomenal! Did they have a fm radio broadcaster for sound, so you hear it in the car? 

Yes they did.

I do not know how I am both over processing and not digesting food.  I'm fairly certain I'm pooping more volume and mass than I am in taking. 

I ask for forgiveness to whatever god is tormenting me.  I confess to all crimes.

2 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Liar

2017-12-24%2007_38_44-Cracker%20Barrel%2

Redneckistan doesn't count lol

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

He hasn't stated otherwise, so we know what that means. 

I've met Kim, lol

26 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I do not know how I am both over processing and not digesting food.  I'm fairly certain I'm pooping more volume and mass than I am in taking. 

I ask for forgiveness to whatever god is tormenting me.  I confess to all crimes.

I've had the same feeling the past 2 weeks.  Constant monster shits, but normal diet.  WTF?

58 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

I can only imagine all the terrible movies you've seen then. Lmao

give me a window seat and and my tunes and I'm happier than a fag in a peter patch.

They actually have somewhat modern movies now.  Of course I've seen a bunch of shit on there too.

Just now, ///M5 said:

I've met Kim, lol

Trust me on this one, I don't envy you. 

Just now, j-roadtatts said:

Trust me on this one, I don't envy you. 

Met is somewhat of a stretch, but we did have body contact.  I had no idea who she was but knew Kris and was talking to him.  Pissed her off lol.

9 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I've had the same feeling the past 2 weeks.  Constant monster shits, but normal diet.  WTF?

Perhaps a shift in barometric pressure. haha

9 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Met is somewhat of a stretch, but we did have body contact.  I had no idea who she was but knew Kris and was talking to him.  Pissed her off lol.

I gotta ask, was it her butt you contacted? :o

1 hour ago, nem said:

Yes they did.

If you are ever in Idaho Falls for 4th of July, The Melaleuca freedom celebration is beyond amazing. They broadcast the music that corresponds with the fireworks. There are literately thousands of cars stopped everywhere.  

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Image may contain: 1 person