Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

36 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Didn't know you could swing well enough to follow my hips

I didn't either.

Best typo ever.  I need more sleep.

On 1/2/2018 at 10:54 AM, dem beats said:

I'm not generally a kind and nice person if you analyzed my thinking over my whole life.  But I'm turning into someone who behaves that way and might even think that way and it's becoming too much to push down the behavior I don't want to have.  I'm to exhausted to intellect my way out of these stressful situations....

So maybe just be somewhere else and do something else.

Don't beat yourself up too bad Matt. Everyone has shortcomings and has experienced that felling at some point. Be it they did disgusting/dishonest things because they felt entitled/needed to survive at the time, or are and "honest by default" person that didn't live up to their ouw expectations of the linear life they projected.

Don't take this as bragging or glorifying, as I generally only speak of the darkside of my past for two reasons. To help someone else and when it's necessary to make amends. These are rules for me, as I have done things that were pretty disgusting in hindsight. I was a wild man most of my life and had a personality of 40 grit sandpaper.   I was very abrasive to people as my defense survival mechanism. I was never a dishonest person, just a condescending prick.

This isn't stuff I talk to many people about about. I trust you guys and for me the ability to be able to admit my faults to someone I don't feel judged by is key to getting it out of my head. I will never be a completely wholesome person, but I can be less of a prick and tread lighter through life.

As far as being somewhere else... no matter where you go, there you are. You are going to have ride out the storm brotato chip. You have a good heart, and will end up where you a meant to be in the end. That is just the way it is when others human will is involved. You are still there because someone cares and sees something better in you. :) 

Speaking of karma, I got a $350 water bill this month. I can't count how many things have broken lately. 

They said If I found and fixed the leak the would adjust the bill. So I spent all day replacing my water softener after finding it to be the culprit. Yeah to adulting. :D

Is a noodle roller mandatory to make lasagna noodles, or can they be rolled flat and cut by hand? 

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Speaking of karma, I got a $350 water bill this month. I can't count how many things have broken lately. 

They said If I found and fixed the leak the would adjust the bill. So I spent all day replacing my water softener after finding it to be the culprit. Yeah to adulting. :D

Last time I got one that high was when I had a pool...Thats alot for a water bill...Have you figured out where your leak is?

19 minutes ago, mikel7829 said:

Last time I got one that high was when I had a pool...Thats alot for a water bill...Have you figured out where your leak is?

Water softener motor was broke and malfunctioning, so was stuck on the back flush cycle. W and I replaced in under 2 hours, including removal. 

I replaced the flow regulator on the RO system too, as that's the only other self regulated thing that could of failed.

20 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Water softener motor was broke and malfunctioning, so was stuck on the back flush cycle. W and I replaced in under 2 hours, including removal. 

I replaced the flow regulator on the RO system too, as that's the only other self regulated thing that could of failed.

I had to do a little electrical work around here today..I had to rearrange some of the breakers in my breaker box for some reason the buss didn't like where the 60 amp for my strip heater was...It has been colder these past few days than it will ever get in most winters..So of course it's calling for the strip heater more than normal..The heat pump can't keep up..I am sure the light bill will take a toll on my wallet..lol...Some times there was a buzzing coming from the box obviously it was a loose connection and the breaker was warm to the touch..I just moved the 60 amp up some on the buss and and no problems now..I really should just replace the whole buss idk..I been extremely paranoid over this because of the potential of a house fire I am a light sleeper so if anything happened in the middle of the night I would most likely know..But I have been procrastinating on changing the whole buss..I just recently spent almost a month in the burn unit at Vanderbilt hospital in Nashville...Worst experience of my life I'm not trying to go through that again..

3 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Don't beat yourself up too bad Matt. Everyone has shortcomings and has experienced that felling at some point. Be it they did disgusting/dishonest things because they felt entitled/needed to survive at the time, or are and "honest by default" person that didn't live up to their ouw expectations of the linear life they projected.

Don't take this as bragging or glorifying, as I generally only speak of the darkside of my past for two reasons. To help someone else and when it's necessary to make amends. These are rules for me, as I have done things that were pretty disgusting in hindsight. I was a wild man most of my life and had a personality of 40 grit sandpaper.   I was very abrasive to people as my defense survival mechanism. I was never a dishonest person, just a condescending prick.

This isn't stuff I talk to many people about about. I trust you guys and for me the ability to be able to admit my faults to someone I don't feel judged by is key to getting it out of my head. I will never be a completely wholesome person, but I can be less of a prick and tread lighter through life.

As far as being somewhere else... no matter where you go, there you are. You are going to have ride out the storm brotato chip. You have a good heart, and will end up where you a meant to be in the end. That is just the way it is when others human will is involved. You are still there because someone cares and sees something better in you. :) 

It would be much more efficient to run from my problems.

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Is a noodle roller mandatory to make lasagna noodles, or can they be rolled flat and cut by hand? 

Rolling pin works great!

For the last few years I have gotten I'll when eating store purchased pasta.

Last night I ate 3/4 of a batch of noodles with a heavy sauce and not only do I feel no bloating or negative problems, I looks crazy vascular.  It's because I've been restricting carbs and sodium and just refilled and then some, but normally pasta would make me hold way way way more water.

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

It would be much more efficient to run from my problems.

Your heart will still be in the same place, no matter where you go is what I was getting at. Believe me I've tried more than once. Although the break is always good. 

Either way Its only life after all. Tomorrow will always come one way or the other my friend. Is nothing a grilled cheese sammich and time can't fix. :)

1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Your heart will still be in the same place, no matter where you go is what I was getting at. Believe me I've tried more than once. Although the break is always good. 

Either way Its only life after all. Tomorrow will always come one way or the other my friend. Is nothing a grilled cheese sammich and time can't fix. :)

This life shit is taking for ever!

:-D

I never run from things really... but I sure feel like it might be fun.

Life must be nearing over.

I bought a soundbar today

They serve a purpose well. . . . .   

Some of them. 

I bought my father a Polk for Christmas and it handles 2.1 very well in their room.

15 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I have been thinking of getting one..Just a basic upgrade..I have a 49"LG 4k and a non-working samsung 4k bluray..just wanting a little better sound?.What would you recommend for the cheap?lol

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Why and what one..... and why?

SO I took my snow shoes into Firestone a month ago for a transplant.  I let them sit for 3 days before I installed them.  Upon installation, I noticed one was flat.  It was odd as is was holding air on the old rim, and the tire on the new rim was without a leak.  SO I go for 3 weeks before I get to take it back it.  I remove the wheel and I noticed the rim was bent. . . .   By the installation machine.  It is CLEARLY obvious.  So I take it into Firestone and haggle with the manager, and we came to an agreement that I would bring in another rim and they'd mount and balance for no charge since I have no way proving they damaged the wheel.  Anyways, this was 1.5 weeks ago.  I called them last night and the manager said it was not done, but promised it would be done last night.  I told him I'd be in this morning to pick it up.  I didn't make it this morning, so I went in after work and they still did not have it done and the retard that was working there wanted to give me shit when I told him I was taking them somewhere else.  He told me I could not take anything without a receipt.  Apparently he does not understand that you don't have a receipt for work never completed. 

Just had to vent.

So tomorrow the Audi gets it true test in the snow. 

We've gotten quite a bit lately, but we've been bombarded by 8" in the past 6 hours, and supposedly we're supposed to get up to 20 over the next two days.  They don't plow my road until every other road in the city is plowed, so we'll see how it does with some deep stuff.  Luckily, it's all lake-effect, so fairly light.

3 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

I have been thinking of getting one..Just a basic upgrade..I have a 49"LG 4k and a non-working samsung 4k bluray..just wanting a little better sound?.What would you recommend for the cheap?lol

The Vizio EB 3651 or something like that.  $179 at Costco.  It is what all budget picks point to from way too much reading of dubious sources on the internet.m

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Why and what one..... and why?

Def Tech Studio W.  For a tv that is on an articulating stand so it can be pointed completely on axis to the watcher.  Works now in either seating location or the difference can be split.  Once we remodel it will either "have to do" or get moved to the bedroom.

My real system is currently in a home theater room with no tv or theater screen lol.