Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

It sounded SO MUCH better than anything else they had at the store....and so much like shit at home.

I think there are 2 price points for sound bars.  <$200 and > $1500 anything in between is STUPID.

Get some in wall transducers.    I heard some amazing ones in Chicago.  

I think they were 1500 a piece though, can't remember the name though.   

Just now, topgun said:

Quality is relative. 

I am not replacing anything Golden.  Trio of Def Tech BP2000 with no rears on an Onkyo 876.  I normally sit horribly off axis and am hoping to resolve that issue.  TV goes on an articulating mount and the bar beneath it so when you sit where you logically position said tv all will be good.

Just now, topgun said:

Get some in wall transducers.    I heard some amazing ones in Chicago.  

When I remodel I will have 2 dedicated spaces.  Then all in walls happen.  Problem is I need more than a 2x4 wall for some volume, lol.  Until then this is what I will have.  At that point this is bedroom material :)

There is an AV showroom up on the 4th floor of the merchandise Mart in Chicago you should go visit.   

Have a box full of drivers to send to Jared to play with.  Been in my car since before Christmas.  My lazy ass didn't want to wait in line pre-Christmas for the shipping nonsense and has forgotten since.  A few of them will be in said walls when the remodel is done.  Going to need a shitload of channels though as the whole house will be active.

I'm working on a portable audio unit to use for work.

Why is it 120V FM tuners are so horrible?  Pretty sure I'm going to buy a cheap 12V HU with a small power supply for my source.

12 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I'm working on a portable audio unit to use for work.

Why is it 120V FM tuners are so horrible?  Pretty sure I'm going to buy a cheap 12V HU with a small power supply for my source.

Curious what you do.  My beach cruisin' trailer needs a stereo.  I currently use a bluetooth speaker and my phone, but just my phone, some drivers, and an amp will be what is next.  I am okay with 110v, but a small battery backup would be even better.

Planning the HU with a small switching power supply, a pair of Vifa coaxials powered  by a 25WPC plate amp from Apex Jr, and I have an old NHT powered sub in the basement at my parent's house that my old man used to use for his computer after I sold my Tempest setup.  Should be a little bit over $50, cover the full audible spectrum, and be very portable.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Got rid of that ridiculous soundbar thingee.

Got a extra lying around?lol

16 hours ago, mikel7829 said:

Got a extra lying around?lol

I returned it.

I saw a 50w amplifier Bluetooth module on Amazon. Seemed interesting. Not for my application, but for compact mobile applications.

I will probably own one of those soon.  Realized I'm my soundbar purchase return what I have always known.  A 2 way without a real mid sucks

I'm ready to upgrade my 2ch here in the house.   Time for something different than my 4.5 full range Fostex.  

Anybody ever deal with Mercari buy,sell app ? It seems pretty cool alot of stuff...Seems like a us wide "Letgo" kinda thing... but easier then ebay..

Your sound bar post made me hopeful that they would be reasonable.   

Couple years ago I built my brother a MTM matched set of mains/ center for his house, when I tested it he almost didn't get them since I liked it to much.   

24 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I will probably own one of those soon.  Realized I'm my soundbar purchase return what I have always known.  A 2 way without a real mid sucks

Thank you for fucking that one up for me as well.

:D

Honestly, knowing you didn't like it helps everyone, well at least me, alot.

29 minutes ago, nem said:

Still love my sound bar.

2011-11-28_14-56-42_650.jpg

Nothing else get a center?

1 hour ago, dem beats said:

Nothing else get a center?

I have towers as well, just wanted to show my sound bar ;)

4 hours ago, topgun said:

I'm ready to upgrade my 2ch here in the house.   Time for something different than my 4.5 full range Fostex.  

How big are they/