Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Also found a box for a 13" RadioShack color tv..Manufcture date 5/28/1987...Inside was still the owners manual in plastic never opened..Rabbit ears,uhf antenna and adaptor and the warranty card all sealed still in plastic....Just seeing this stuff brings back so many memories when I was a kid..lol They was also a bunch of wiring harnesses adaptors  for ford and GM  still in the back in storage trays on the wall guess they installed their products...I found old reciet tickets guess where they got their deliveries of inventory..This was dated 1960 was radio shack even around then?lol 

The pics aren't the best my camera on my phone sux and its so dusty in here..lol the poster I haven't taken it down yet scared i will rip it..lol It was in behind a wall that had been added..I love doing places like this..lol we are putting 20 tons of air in here..twining 2 5 ton units on each side..

I know its hard to see with it still hanging on the wall...But it says "best pair on the road" lol.....that blondes got a big set..lol but I guess its suppose to be talking about the woofers in the prefab  box with the horn tweets..lmao...Anybody have any idea about when that poster was probably published?

That's their original logo and the red surround drivers lasted into the early 90s right before the Optidrives came out, so late 80s to early 90s.

They did a Cadillac hearse like the Ghosbuster car as a demo vehicle and it was loaded with those drivers.  That was the first manufacturer's car I ever heard and it was incredibly loud way back then.    Shortly after that MTX had a crazy Astro Van when the Road Thunder Pros came out and it used the same red surrounds.   I miss those cars with just a massive sealed wall of subwoofers.  They were all unbearably loud, but SO musical.  Nothing today compares to them.  Nothing.

Hell, I remember when Hart came out with the first 1KW rated subs.  They had to run 4 amps per driver to get the thing to move.  Power was difficult to make and expensive back then too.  A lot of great drivers were nearly 3% efficient though, so low power worked well. 

Believe it or not, but Pyle was an upper echelon brand.

33 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

I remember that...thats back when the vega's were the woofers to have as well..

1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

I remember that.

What happened???

They stopped evolving the sold out to Pyramid.  Actually,  Pyramid was mid quality stuff back then too.  They had some shitty lines, but some good quality stuff as well.

12 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

They stopped evolving the sold out to Pyramid.  Actually,  Pyramid was mid quality stuff back then too.  They had some shitty lines, but some good quality stuff as well.

I remember Pyle being the ish at one point and then when I was looking at another system later.... wow.  Not good.

I remember the line pyramid had that was clear. They was not bad woofers at all back then..well way better quality then they are today anyway..lol

21 hours ago, dem beats said:

My driveway had 2 inches fresh.

We need a 1 in front of that 2.  So shitty here I left my trailer at the farm.  Still have one sled at home...but can't ride here. :(

10 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

That's their original logo and the red surround drivers lasted into the early 90s right before the Optidrives came out, so late 80s to early 90s.

They did a Cadillac hearse like the Ghosbuster car as a demo vehicle and it was loaded with those drivers.  That was the first manufacturer's car I ever heard and it was incredibly loud way back then.    Shortly after that MTX had a crazy Astro Van when the Road Thunder Pros came out and it used the same red surrounds.   I miss those cars with just a massive sealed wall of subwoofers.  They were all unbearably loud, but SO musical.  Nothing today compares to them.  Nothing.

That Astro was sweet.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That Astro was sweet.

I'll never forget that thing. Saw it at the Cavalcade of Wheels show at Notre Dame way back when.  It had the massive red surfboard Terminator amps and Wayne was there doing PR.  I swear that guy can see sound waves.  

I remember they was a guy when I was a kid that had a audio shop in Estill Springs,TN ..He had a big bird yellow nissan hardbody walk through filled with Lanzar's and Oz's...As I got older I never understood why he had 12's and 15's mixed and matched guess it was all for looks...But back then it was crazy loud to me...In reality I probably had 2 12's that was louder..Also I remember a place in Shelbyville,Tn that had a 70's pinto with 6 Prowler 15's and a ton of the old Crunch amps..lol

Listening to that made me ultra hungry.

Its a wonder I just didnt break my leg...My bad leg gave out getting out of the shower l..I slipped I also heard a loud pop as I was going down..Thought it was broke I could not walk on it at first kinda limped around and walked it off..So I guess it is not broke or I couldn't walk on it..Thats my bad leg as well In 2016 I got burnt suffered 4th degree and 3rd degree burns on my left leg damaged my tendons and ligaments in my knee and lost a huge chunk of my thigh after 4 surgeries they pretty much got alot of it straightened out I pray it didn't mess anything up..Because I just recently was able to go back full force at work thats all I need is to not be able to get around good...Its a wonder my big ass didnt tear the wall down..lol I fell right into it too...

3 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

Listening to that made me ultra hungry.

Ha, funny to me on what they picked.  So much good food here and their choices were interesting.  

11 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Ha, funny to me on what they picked.  So much good food here and their choices were interesting.  

I'd check out that fried chicken place.  Hell, I'd love a tour of the city when I have time and money to burn.  So... will you be busy in about 25 years?

Arc'teryx the toughest name in the shell biz now?

My Columbia is pretty sad after 19 years.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Drinking again Mikey?

Naw bro..Haven't had a drop in over 6 months..It was just a freak accident really..I just put to much weight on my leg i guess.