Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

2.5 weeks ago I was on the lake on my snowmobile.  Now I can boat anywhere.  Wow

20 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I will be out of the country again in 2 weeks, lol.....I want to stay home

Hire me.

I'll run circles around your team and work for next to nothing.

Just give me ~$1500 a month in car allowance.   Big write off for everyone.

17 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Tied for 2nd latest ice out (today) on our lake.  1857 was the last time it was this cold.  Global warming, YA BABY!

Hey they say we have a mini ice age coming.

BMW brakes are the easiest brakes I have ever changed at least.  If this place cant get me the brakes I need I might look into a brake kit.  It's the same cost as taking it in and I could replace a lot of parts.

I just dont want to invest in a car I won't keep.

21 hours ago, dem beats said:

BMW brakes are the easiest brakes I have ever changed at least.  If this place cant get me the brakes I need I might look into a brake kit.  It's the same cost as taking it in and I could replace a lot of parts.

I just dont want to invest in a car I won't keep.

definitely agree, each of my BMW's have been super simple to change any brake or suspension parts, now doing any work under the hood is a whole nother story.

They were all SUPER easy to work on...until V8.  When they did that they fucked everything else up too.

I wasn't referring to brakes with my comment.   That hasn't changed, although my Wilwoods are WAY easier.  Can do a pad change without taking my wheels off :P

18 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

I wasn't referring to brakes with my comment.   That hasn't changed, although my Wilwoods are WAY easier.  Can do a pad change without taking my wheels off :P

That means your wheels are too big.

Possible they won't actually clear, but pull two pins and the pads are out.

I know how they work;  I had to give you shit.

2 hours ago, ///M5 said:

That's insanity!

Mad jelly

Probably need 26's for that.  My wheels are off 2x a year though and pad changes are easy.

....what isn't is that these are not dust boot protected.  Motherfuck.  Makes you change the damn seals and clean the pistons up almost every year.  I NEVER would have bought them had I realized.  Of course I noticed when I installed them, but didn't think about it at all.  fucking shit show with our weather.

17 hours ago, ///M5 said:

They were all SUPER easy to work on...until V8.  When they did that they fucked everything else up too.

or having to remove the sub-frame to get the turbos on my car

Hmm.  Thinking about building one of these:

Wish this guy would call me back:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/grd/d/craftsman-23-track-snowblower/6581469807.html

Add a couple electric motors, 2 motor controllers, 2 deep cycle batteries and a remote.  I have another use for it as well, but that you won't find out about until I have one.

Figured an old snowblower is the cheapest way to get a track and driver that can take a tongue weight of 600lbs.

Car looks great Neal.  Come do mine.

11 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Hmm.  Thinking about building one of these:

Wish this guy would call me back:

https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/hnp/grd/d/craftsman-23-track-snowblower/6581469807.html

Add a couple electric motors, 2 motor controllers, 2 deep cycle batteries and a remote.  I have another use for it as well, but that you won't find out about until I have one.

That is awesome!

11 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Car looks great Neal.  Come do mine.

Thank you.

I have 8 lined up, you can be 9 if you want. :)

8 minutes ago, nem said:

Thank you.

I have 8 lined up, you can be 9 if you want. :)

You don't charge enough :P

10 minutes ago, nem said:

That is awesome!

They want $2k for that thing.  I see a $30 blower, 2 $50 motors, 2 $50 batteries, $100 worth of remote and nonsense, and 2 $100 motor controllers.

...all that being said, I expect to cut the price of the remote and motor controllers down by 1/3...but don't know how yet.

I also HAVE to put my trailer in the garage.  It is currently 1/4" lower than my garage and maybe 3" on each side...it sure looks like 1", but my trailer is legal limit and my garage normal so it "should" be 3.  Either way, not using the truck for that clearance...in particular when I have shit on the walls.

Currently I have an ATV winch on the wall that pulls the trailer in tongue first.  I push it out by hand.  My driveway is steep so coming in is not possible alone.

Won't be the only use for it though...and I am working on a trailer location that will require going off road which makes the winch thing not work well.