Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

16 hours ago, dem beats said:

@///M5

I'm glad the AC is working too.  Furnace is so old the tech said it would take a few days to get parts if that blower or the bearings on it went out.

It's awesome that you love coaching so much.  The boys will always remember that.

When it comes to tools, I'm just trying to spend from your pockets and then come use your toys! 

Two games today.  We are playing a level up so the competition is really tough.  First game we dominated shots, but were out goalied.  Game ended 0-0.  Ref fucking hated us in the second.  We were down 3-0 at halftime.  A bit of cheering at half and we won 4-3 :)

15 hours ago, dem beats said:

Our heat index was higher than AZ actually.

I did see some Texas channels giving MN the "Bless your heart" treatment over the heat though.

Lol

Our humidity last week was higher than the amazon rain forest as well.  Hell all the Mexicans on the side line were complaining like hell.  Tons of global teams at this tournament.  It is the largest in the Western Hemisphere.  Over 1800 kids playing at a single time.  Not a single cloud and hot as shit.

The tour of University of Alabama was cool. They had a state of the art medical training center. With automated robot patient simulators. The stadium is hella huge also. 

Made our way over to Oxford Mississippi from Tuscaloosa Alabama. 

A lot more conifer trees in Mississippi than I expected.

I am pretty proud of how resourceful my daughter is. She is the one that approached us and made all the plans for the tours. My little self starter! :D

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

Two games today.  We are playing a level up so the competition is really tough.  First game we dominated shots, but were out goalied.  Game ended 0-0.  Ref fucking hated us in the second.  We were down 3-0 at halftime.  A bit of cheering at half and we won 4-3 :)

Killing it coach!

All that work on the AC... I'm mowing.... AND HAVING A FIRE!!

Lol

Had to burn a fence that collapsed in the storm a few weeks back.  Fucking neighbors tree landed on it and insurance wouldn't cover it because it's too old.

55 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

I am pretty proud of how resourceful my daughter is. She is the one that approached us and made all the plans for the tours. My little self starter! :D

She is gonna be a winner fam.

5 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Our humidity last week was higher than the amazon rain forest as well.  Hell all the Mexicans on the side line were complaining like hell.  Tons of global teams at this tournament.  It is the largest in the Western Hemisphere.  Over 1800 kids playing at a single time.  Not a single cloud and hot as shit.

It's real humid here at the moment,even more than it normally is.I am soaking wet within the first hour of working outside and I seem to be having to be in attics a lot here lately.Today I was in 3 didn't have a temp gun with me but I am guessing it was a good 130 degrees.And not all Mexican people can take heat most really can not it seems when doing service calls anyway.Just always drink plenty of fluids,and salty foods if you can.When out in that mess be careful because those humid days can be dangerous the other day I started getting cold chills in a attic,it was time to go do e got way way to hot.

5 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Good deal

7 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Heat index was 108F on the field.  You southerners forget what humidity does.

Where I grew up the average high was 91* with a 99% chance of being muggy or a 90% chance of being oppressively humid.

12 hours ago, MKader17 said:

Where I grew up the average high was 91* with a 99% chance of being muggy or a 90% chance of being oppressively humid.

I measure humidity to people by how many inches from a fat person's crotch it feels like.

:D

Compressed air is flat out dangerous.  

Had a guy at work get killed via embolism blowing himself off with compressed air when I was younger.  I had no idea it could happen and now every gun I have has a safety nozzle.  Nothing over 30PSI!

1 minute ago, Tirefryr said:

Had a guy at work get killed via embolism blowing himself off with compressed air when I was younger.  I had no idea it could happen and now every gun I have has a safety nozzle.  Nothing over 30PSI!

I always heard that was possible.Don't really remember exactly why.Isn't it because of air getting into the bloodstream or something?

Exactly.

2 minutes ago, Tirefryr said:

Exactly.

I used to do it when doing fiberglass.That's when I heard about that.Figured it was just a myth though I was young maybe 18-19 still done it anyway.We clowned around with it.

You can inject several CCs of air into yourself and have no problems. I looked it up and it would take .5 cc into a vein.  Unless there is some kind of decompression going on like with divers or open wounds it is so unlikely. 

I'm not saying it didnt happen but there was something else going on with your co workers.

Edited by dem beats

It takes nearly 100psi to break skin.

No it isnt safe, but the whole embolism caused by an air gun is not actually possible unless it's a mighty extreme situation. 

I inject air in myself every other week.  Per the doctors instructions as trying to "get out the air bubble" means I lose a small portion of the $2700 a month medication I take.  Directly into a being is a different beast, but even then it would have to be an IV and if your healthy and of the 75% of people who dont have a pre disposed condition to be sensitive, it's not likely.

I don't know shit about any of that.  All I know is what I was told at his funeral, and I know he felt weird hours after "hurting himself with the air gun."