Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

3 hours ago, topgun said:

I'll take my average penis to not be cursed in vehicles and arthritis.  

My too.

Much like Thor and Mjolnir, heavy is the burden for he who must wield the hammer.

;)

Edited by dem beats

9 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Is the selector switch for the rest of the boat and not the trolling?  I am not sure I follow what you are doing.

Classically the built in charger gets wired direct to each battery, trolling motor batteries wired in series and they aren't used for anything else.  Can't run 24v and 12v double current at the same time.  Normally the switch is to switch between starting batteries.  If they imply switching the negative it is only for convenience.  Personally I switch the positive.  Either way you can't throw the switch while under power.

I don't think I answered your question, but I don't know what you are adding either.  My current boat has 3 batteries running two independent 12v circuits or one 12v circuit via switch.  Previous boat to that had 4 batteries, but it was a 36v bank and a 12v starting bank.

Selector is for only the trolling set.  He wants a second bank as a backup for if he kills the set to be able to stow the motor under power and not have to manually stow it.  

Charger is hard wired to the batteries.  

Selector also allows a power kill switch since it is hard wired.  

Entire setup is isolated from crank/engine battery.  

The boat has 3 batteries.  Two up front in series at 24v for the trolling motor, one in the back for engine.  

Trolling motor is hard wired in to the batteries.  Selector switch is to add the ability of a backup set of batteries for stowing and a way to kill power to the motor.  

Called in and got it worked out.  

When using 12v electronics off of a series battery system, pull it off of the 'low side' battery only.

Everything else is situation normal.  Why couldn't they have just put that in there?  Or if I wouldn't have read the instructions I wouldn't have had an issue.  

For the price of the thing I would have thought they'd have included an inline fuse in the power cables too...  

Woot.  Hopefully i will be doing another one soon.

Matt, a few weeks ago we discussed string trimmer string.  So far the new Stihl CF3 pro stuff is awesome.  I think this is fuel tank 5 on the head without a reload.  I think by now we would have rewrapped it at least 6 times.  

Thanks!  I took a screen shot.  I'll remember that when I buy some more.

Labor day plans anybody?

2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Werk

Yea I'm working today but nothing for Sunday or Monday...I'm not gonna know what to do with myself.

Just got back from the steam show...and of course want to buy a traction engine again.

10 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Just got back from the steam show...and of course want to buy a traction engine again.

Is it getting cool up that way yet? Some believe we are going to have a bad winter..They seem to say that every year though.They had there first winter storm advisory of the season in Alaska recently.

On 9/1/2018 at 11:44 AM, mikel7829 said:

Yea I'm working today but nothing for Sunday or Monday...I'm not gonna know what to do with myself.

I'd be floating the lake and BBQ'ing, If I took the day off. LOL 

I usually work holidays, or any day most people have off. I'll probably regret it though, as it's one of the holidays that folks seem to want to be outside with fam. Not inside doing something they can do anytime.

Either way it's my Friday!! Woot woot!

On 9/1/2018 at 10:02 PM, ///M5 said:

That's how I feel when I go to an oldies car show. :D

Any recommendations on someone who does good ceramic coatings near San Antonio Texas?

1 hour ago, MKader17 said:

Any recommendations on someone who does good ceramic coatings near San Antonio Texas?

Plane ticket for Nem.  I heard that guy doesnt charge enough, especially for SSA members. 

Best value. 

Or road trip for you.

1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

ROAD TRIP

We can all pile in big nasty candy and tail hunting. 

I know you like the bigguns so we can go by total waistband in the panty collection. 

:-D

Edited by dem beats

My back has been hurting lately "funny feeling" and I have a big lump on my left shin close to my ankle thought maybe I got it at work or something but don't remember hitting it..I was reading awhile back about blood clots kind of got me on spook! Not usually a hypochondriac but curios on what this could be...I hit the big 40 this year and realized just how sore I am daily 24x7 compared to 10 years ago.

It's called getting older.  

It sucks.  

I slipped a disk at 40.  Took nearly 3 years to get back to almost normal, but even right now it hurts.  

Getting older does suck, you get pains you never had before and wonder what the hell did. What I have come to learn is as long as you wake up and can move, make the best of every minute and sunset.