Jump to content
Mark LaFountain

Welcome to the IHoP v.2

Recommended Posts

Needs struts and a timing chain. The question is: Do I have the stomach to do the DOHC. And do I buy the Bilstein 5100's again or gamble with some KYB's or similar. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, j-roadtatts said:

Ass raped by a toaster:lol:

apple_bloom_and_powdered_toast_man__by_s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now to get the ABS light to shut off. Hoping is just in limp mode and will reset. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, j-roadtatts said:

Someone's gettin' their salad tossed!

Make sure she's attentive to the sack while she's down there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tirefryr said:

Make sure she's attentive to the sack while she's down there!

Maybe a little coughing and spelunking perhaps! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Tirefryr said:

So what you're really saying is you never should have purchased it.

Understatement.  Stupid thing is I knew it going in, but gave up and did it anyways since I was sick of looking for the bigger motor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

That is interesting.

And I HATE run flats.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Sounds like a need vs want scenario. Would think the need to ditch the lemon would outweigh the want to save a little paper. especially factoring in unforeseeable future headaches.  

The only headaches are taken care of.  Considering the car is a toaster otherwise and I can't find other horror stories I thought maybe I am in the clear.  Worst case if something shitty happens I am only back to where I am now but of course even more anti BMW which is sad considering I've owned more than 20 of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aaron Clinton said:

apple_bloom_and_powdered_toast_man__by_s

Where/how/why do you have access to finding that fast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ///M5 said:

Where/how/why do you have access to finding that fast

Powdered toast man is a gangster.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@nem

@Aaron Clinton

 

Thanks for the kindness in the cellphone thread.  All you guys are amazing.  I'm just coping with speed bump after speed bump.  I don't think I'll be homeless any time soon, but I'll let you know when I'm eating expired called beans and blowing guys for Jeffersons.

 

I'm optimistic for the first time in a loooooong time, but it is gonna hurt for a little while.

 

:-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, dem beats said:

@nem

@Aaron Clinton

 

Thanks for the kindness in the cellphone thread.  All you guys are amazing.  I'm just coping with speed bump after speed bump.  I don't think I'll be homeless any time soon, but I'll let you know when I'm eating expired called beans and blowing guys for Jeffersons.

 

I'm optimistic for the first time in a loooooong time, but it is gonna hurt for a little while.

 

:-D

Always willing to do what I can or give what I can Matt. Please don't forget that. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, dem beats said:

@nem

@Aaron Clinton

 

Thanks for the kindness in the cellphone thread.  All you guys are amazing.  I'm just coping with speed bump after speed bump.  I don't think I'll be homeless any time soon, but I'll let you know when I'm eating expired called beans and blowing guys for Jeffersons.

 

I'm optimistic for the first time in a loooooong time, but it is gonna hurt for a little while.

 

:-D

Hey! 20 bucks is 20 bucks! :lol:

 

 Seriously though, good to hear that things are at least pointed in the right direction my friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ///M5 said:

The only headaches are taken care of.  Considering the car is a toaster otherwise and I can't find other horror stories I thought maybe I am in the clear.  Worst case if something shitty happens I am only back to where I am now but of course even more anti BMW which is sad considering I've owned more than 20 of them.

 Fair enough. 

 Fucked up thing for me is I hated Nissan and dodge the most growing up.  Somehow ended up owning both of them.

 

 Now I think Toyota and Chevy top that list for me. Maybe VW/Audi for third place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 Jeep goes in for repair on Monday! Finally!

Will be throwing a fit if the rental car is not adequate. 

Has really sucked loading up on groceries and getting to the car to remember the hatch doesn’t open. Doh.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

Hey! 20 bucks is 20 bucks! :lol:

 

 Seriously though, good to hear that things are at least pointed in the right direction my friend.

They are pointed in a direction... not sure it's good, but even if worst happens.... I'll be ok.

 

I would even be fine "homeless". I'm pretty sure I have a strong enough net that someone could help me out with a couch or something.  I honestly believe that accepting the worst and then doing what you can to prevent that and improve the situation is one of the most important perspectives someone can have.  Let's say it was worse and i didnt have a car or place to sleep.  I can get a few $$ by blowing a few guys or some other odd job and then hop a train to a warmer place and start over.  Life is super hard I don't really feel that the pain of it changes based on status or wealth etc etc.  It's nice to have options in life but that's just a luxury that we have.  I don't take my fortunate starting point and pain tolerance for granted and I just accept that at any second the house of cards can fall.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, j-roadtatts said:

 Fair enough. 

 Fucked up thing for me is I hated Nissan and dodge the most growing up.  Somehow ended up owning both of them.

 

 Now I think Toyota and Chevy top that list for me. Maybe VW/Audi for third place. 

I really dislike Chevy. 

BMW isn't exactly my BFF now though.  Lol

 

I should have just got a dope 911.  At least I wouldn't care about the suffering if it was the real dream car.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, dem beats said:

They are pointed in a direction... not sure it's good, but even if worst happens.... I'll be ok.

 

I would even be fine "homeless". I'm pretty sure I have a strong enough net that someone could help me out with a couch or something.  I honestly believe that accepting the worst and then doing what you can to prevent that and improve the situation is one of the most important perspectives someone can have.  Let's say it was worse and i didnt have a car or place to sleep.  I can get a few $$ by blowing a few guys or some other odd job and then hop a train to a warmer place and start over.  Life is super hard I don't really feel that the pain of it changes based on status or wealth etc etc.  It's nice to have options in life but that's just a luxury that we have.  I don't take my fortunate starting point and pain tolerance for granted and I just accept that at any second the house of cards can fall.  

You are pointed in the direction of calm, collected and content my friend. 

I feel we are only confined by our own circle of beliefs. Your beliefs are good ones and lend to an open mind. The rest will follow. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, dem beats said:

I really dislike Chevy. 

BMW isn't exactly my BFF now though.  Lol

 

I should have just got a dope 911.  At least I wouldn't care about the suffering if it was the real dream car.

Maybe some day will own my first new car. Until can only dream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

And I HATE run flats.

I mean the Volvo having issues in the snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ///M5 said:

Where/how/why do you have access to finding that fast

No idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dem beats said:

@nem

@Aaron Clinton

 

Thanks for the kindness in the cellphone thread.  All you guys are amazing.  I'm just coping with speed bump after speed bump.  I don't think I'll be homeless any time soon, but I'll let you know when I'm eating expired called beans and blowing guys for Jeffersons.

 

I'm optimistic for the first time in a loooooong time, but it is gonna hurt for a little while.

 

:-D

Well I am here, even if you want to do some kosher kind of thing with SSA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×